Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #46
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
bajj really i donīt know why i spend my time answering your bullshit..
How can you answer that particular fact? Hmmm? He never stopped a ranked fighter. NEVER. Haye has done better than him in terms of KO's versus ranked fighters.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #47
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrain View Post
how can you answer that particular fact? Hmmm? He never stopped a ranked fighter. Never. Haye has done better than him in terms of ko's versus ranked fighters.
well
jimmy young: A boxer , durable, mobile, bad style for lyle.
Quarry:a very fast counter puncher, very mobile, bad style for lyle.
Ali: Lyle dominated ali during 10 rounds, but ali had iron chin and he had great stamina.
Shavers: He was a puncher, he did exchange blows with lyle, the perfect style for ron,lyle destroyed shavers
bonavena: A very durable guy, very strong, lyle did bet him by decision.
Ellis:very mobile fighter, bad style for lyle and sTill lyle won by decision.
Goyo peralta : He gave the hell even to foreman, he was fast and smart
Foreman: The perfect style for lyle, 2 animals exchanging blows... Foreman had better chin and more power so he won.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #48
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
well
jimmy young: A boxer , durable, mobile, bad style for lyle.
Quarry:a very fast counter puncher, very mobile, bad style for lyle.
Ali: Lyle dominated ali during 10 rounds, but ali had iron chin and he had great stamina.
Shavers: He was a puncher, he did exchange blows with lyle, the perfect style for ron,lyle destroyed shavers
bonavena: A very durable guy, very strong, lyle did bet him by decision.
Ellis:very mobile fighter, bad style for lyle and sTill lyle won by decision.
Goyo peralta : He gave the hell even to foreman, he was fast and smart
Foreman: The perfect style for lyle, 2 animals exchanging blows... Foreman had better chin and more power so he won.
yeah, all these guys were unknockoutable - apart from the guys he knocked out, who were not ranked fighters

Not fair to expect him to knockout Young though, Young ****ed Foreman up good, and Lyle wasn't anything like as good as Foreman.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #49
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
a green george foreman stopped wepner (his fight number 4), foreman was harder puncher than liston with both hands and he was stronger and any expert know it, if you canīt accept it. Sorry...
I never said whether or not I believe Wepner, simply repeated what he said. I was never hit by both Foreman and Liston in competition like he was. But if getting hit by both does not make Wepner an expert on who was the harder puncher, then exactly what qualifies somebody to be an expert on the subject at all?

Now, Chuck has not always been honest about certain verifiable events of his career, in particular his claim that he was never knocked down prior to Ali, despite the record showing he was also dropped in round one by Mathis in January 1966, and round ten by Geisler in May 1977, but it is a fact that Sonny floored him with a single body shot that we've seen here, while Foreman is not credited with having done so. (Here, he expands on that knockdown misinformation from Jim Clash at 1:36, and again at 3:40.)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E20UvJsBykg[/ame]
Duodenum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #50
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
How can you answer that particular fact? Hmmm? He never stopped a ranked fighter. NEVER. Haye has done better than him in terms of KO's versus ranked fighters.
and once again you do show your little brain... haye never fought in the era of lyle, so your comparison is stupid... probably lyle would destroy every rival of haye... and haye would lose to quarry,bonavena, ellis, shavers,ali,foreman...
so is not matter if haye knocked out top contenders, because these men would not be even top 20 in the 70s.
what a stupid guy...
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #51
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
and once again you do show your little brain... haye never fought in the era of lyle, so your comparison is stupid.
Yeah,comparing guys from different eras is impossible

We'll just agree that Lyle couldn't KO any ranked contender and leave it at that.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #52
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,568
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

David Haye then.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #53
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
Well the usual suspects should be thrown in there

Shavers,
Foreman,
Tyson,
Lewis,
Liston,
Ruddock,
Bruno,
Bonecrusher Smith,
Marciano,
W. Klitschko,

hard to say who the best was.
No Louis?
Sangria is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #54
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
I never said whether or not I believe Wepner, simply repeated what he said. I was never hit by both Foreman and Liston in competition like he was. But if getting hit by both does not make Wepner an expert on who was the harder puncher, then exactly what qualifies somebody to be an expert on the subject at all?

Now, Chuck has not always been honest about certain verifiable events of his career, in particular his claim that he was never knocked down prior to Ali, despite the record showing he was also dropped in round one by Mathis in January 1966, and round ten by Geisler in May 1977, but it is a fact that Sonny floored him with a single body shot that we've seen here, while Foreman is not credited with having done so. (Here, he expands on that knockdown misinformation from Jim Clash at 1:36, and again at 3:40.)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
One thing to take into account though is that Liston was never going to punch any harder than he did against Wepner. He was a fully grown man who was completely physically developed as a fighter.

Foreman on the other hand was still very young and early in his career. Most fighters do not have the same level of power in the early stages of their careers like they do when they are at their peak.

Mike Tyson happens to be an exception, as he reached his peak extremely early.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #55
DKD
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 670
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
I could name you another dozen off the top of my head who Bruno knocked out. Maybe i didnt make myself clear. When i said to name 1 fighter, i meant 1 fighter of quality, not the chuck gardners of this world
Right, well you know better than me then. As mentioned; not a big Bruno fan. I do remember the Gardner fight though.

I didn't say that Bruno ever dropped anyone of quality, just that he was a big puncher. I think everyone knows that Bruno fought some of the lowest grade bums available to him. At least I can't remeber him ever beating anyone good.

Didn't Chuck Gardner play "Billy the Kiss" in the Jackie Chan film "Battlecreek Brawl" or is my mind playing tricks?
DKD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #56
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
you are obviously very wrong... Marciano had solid and heavy structure of bones, like frazier,foreman or liston.
Fat is fat and big boned is big boned.
How can i 'obviously be wrong' when all im doing is asking a question?
If i made a statement then,yes we can all be wrong. but i didnt, i asked a question
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #57
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,009
vCash: 500
Default Re: who was the ......

Mac Foster

30 wins
30 KOs

Can't ask for much more than that.
D.T is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #58
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKD View Post
Right, well you know better than me then. As mentioned; not a big Bruno fan. I do remember the Gardner fight though.

I didn't say that Bruno ever dropped anyone of quality, just that he was a big puncher. I think everyone knows that Bruno fought some of the lowest grade bums available to him. At least I can't remeber him ever beating anyone good.

Didn't Chuck Gardner play "Billy the Kiss" in the Jackie Chan film "Battlecreek Brawl" or is my mind playing tricks?
Just read over my previous post to your reply and it comes across a little aggressive, which wasnt my intention. Something kinda gets lost in translation between the written word and speaking.

Dunno bout Gardner and the movie to be honest. Wasnt Luca Brasi in that? Well, Lenny Montana anyway.

I remember maybe 15yrs or so back there was a documentary, 'World in action' or 'Dispatches', something like that, a reputable tv show lets say, that did a programme on boxing and matchmaking and such. I cant remember the ins and outs of it but what i DO remember is that it concentrated on quite a few of Bruno's opponents, particularly Gardner, and questions were being asked of the legitimacy of these as competetive fights
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #59
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who was the ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T View Post
Mac Foster

30 wins
30 KOs

Can't ask for much more than that.
This is who Jerry Quarry might have gone for. Immediately after stopping Mac, he told Don Dunphy, "He can hit like heck man! WHEW!" Jerry later told Dunphy in another post fight interview that Shavers never hit him, and only knew differently when he viewed the tape the following day. Because of Ellis and JQ, I usually specify those who remember being hit by Shavers citing Earnie as the hardest hitter.

With respect to direct comparisons between Shavers and Foreman, the five man expert panel of Lyle, Young, Norton, Ali and Leroy Caldwell were all in unanimous agreement that Earnie had clearly superior punching power.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013