Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Pure Aussie Talent

All this talk about Sakio Bika ( no need to disrespect his wife either )....ok well done but what about Sam Solimans effort to get to 3rd place. A true blue aussie that has taught the americano's the meaning of true blue. What about Billy Dib, where's all his support from us fellow Australians? Have faith my young apprentice's FFS.
one in a million is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #2
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Pure Aussie Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
All this talk about Sakio Bika ( no need to disrespect his wife either )....ok well done but what about Sam Solimans effort to get to 3rd place. A true blue aussie that has taught the americano's the meaning of true blue. What about Billy Dib, where's all his support from us fellow Australians? Have faith my young apprentice's FFS.
All of us Aussies support Billy Dib.
Its just that he can do so much more with his talent.
He is heading in the right direction, but needs to fix some of his technical flaws when he steps up the level of opponents.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dislike dib after He bit an opponent in one of his fights in Australia back in 2005 or 2006, He has ability but at the moment if he fights Johns the WBA champ or the mexican Kid based in Japan who has the WBC title he gets his ase knocked out.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 03:33 AM   #4
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
The reason we (not all) are tooting his horn is at present he is the one producing the goods on a higher level then the two other fighters you mentioned..

Sammy is a true warrior but y would we sing his praises when he was beaten by sakio and not too long ago absolutely embarrassed by the mouth mundine..Dont get me wrong Sammy is a top fighter but his days of getting a buzz from the oz forum are over in my opinion..

And what about Billy the kid Dib??

What you want us to say??

He is coming off a convincing but some what very sloppy win against a hardnosed but as per usual a typical standup slugger thats been presented with as his opponents.

But cant really bag nor talk up Billy TOO MUCH yet as he is still very young(21) and still a unknown force..Wish him the best of luck
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #5
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

[quote=Kegsy]All of us Aussies support Billy Dib.
Its just that he can do so much more with his talent.
He is heading in the right direction, but needs to fix some of his technical flaws when he steps up the level of opponents.[/quote

there is no doubting his skills but i think he lost alot of fans the night he bit his opponent and then the night he threw his opponent to the ground. so he has a long way to go to get there supprt back
huricn is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 AM   #6
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
there is no doubting his skills but i think he lost alot of fans the night he bit his opponent and then the night he threw his opponent to the ground. so he has a long way to go to get there supprt back
Yeah he did lose a few fans that evening.

As he matures hopefully he can win alot of those fans back.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 AM   #7
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wow he really bit someone ok ok, fairs fair...he needs to prove himself yes, but he needs to be in the right company As for Sam Soliman being a has been It's not all about being a star in the ring 'bing'...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:46 AM   #8
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
did Billy pull a Mike Tyson?
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #9
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

like i said he does have alot of skill.

but he is yet to fight anyone that is still fighting at there best.
he is fighting vetrens that are way past there best.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Some of you guys have been posting on the forum for a few years now and most of you know that I started my work in the boxing industry in May. Who would you say has been the main player in promoting Australian boxing in say the last 5-10 yrs?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #11
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like your avatar pic Kegsy If I was his lady I would be waxing or plucking his eyebrows for sure...no disrespect to Willy
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Some of you guys have been posting on the forum for a few years now and most of you know that I started my work in the boxing industry in May. Who would you say has been the main player in promoting Australian boxing in say the last 5-10 yrs?
Although many will hate to Admit it, Mundine has brought boxing back on the map. But since we are talking 5 - 10 years Kostya has also been a big player. Fenech has tried, but not really achieved much in that respect.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM   #13
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
Although many will hate to Admit it, Mundine has brought boxing back on the map. But since we are talking 5 - 10 years Kostya has also been a big player. Fenech has tried, but not really achieved much in that respect.
Ok what about managers, promoters etc?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #14
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Hey Mel on your website you should see if you can do a peice on Billy the Kid Dib i know i would read it.

Im keen to here more about is journey so far and how he is going.

He doesnt get alot of publicity i feel and we need to start.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #15
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Not much has been done from managers and promoters. Most standard households wouldnt know names such as Khoder Nasser, Craig Christian etc. Some people might know of Johnny Lewis but I wouldnt say that he's been a main player in promoting the sport. Fenech does his bit to keep the sport alive but doesnt do much in expanding its current fan base.

Australia lacks promoters that are trying to entice the average aussie household to be aware of what is going on in aussie boxing.
Hmmm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum