Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #46
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lancashire
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
My dad was sitting with Marciano and George raft at one of the Cooper Ali fights. He said the pair of them were more worried about their toupees blowing off than watching the fight.
turpinr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #47
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,940
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by albinored View Post
...oops..forgot to add...can't you dimbulbs here see that splitnose is just messing with your heads...and being damn funny while he's doing it..
I swear to god I not messin wit yer - it's just it's a bit close to the bone and I don't want people to think I'm direspecting the memory of someone who's no longer around to defend themselves - honest - I just need a broader range of opinions on whether it would be deemed a bit too much or not - maybe from some of the older and more experienced crowd on here too - everyone let me know what you think
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #48
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granada, Spain.
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
I swear to god I not messin wit yer - it's just it's a bit close to the bone and I don't want people to think I'm direspecting the memory of someone who's no longer around to defend themselves - honest - I just need a broader range of opinions on whether it would be deemed a bit too much or not - maybe from some of the older and more experienced crowd on here too - everyone let me know what you think
i think i know what your talking about and it has been talked about on here before.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #49
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granada, Spain.
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

i think if a member of his family was on here they would be upset about it.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #50
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by albinored View Post
.. a lot of people are said to have paid for louis' hospital bills and funeral, but it's highly unlikely that rocky would have paid for his own funeral.

it's pretty well known that frank sinatra took care of joe louis in the bomber's last days and after ..i.e. the funeral.

joe's widow...his last wife...was a lawyer and she told joe just to quit earning any money and let the tax nazis go to hell. she said if joe wanted anything, she'd just call sinatra, and it was taken care of. and when he flew sinatra always saw that he flew first class.
Rocky and Louis were good friends. Rocky was friends with most fighters he met. He saw to it that Louis got a job to help get him money and yes, even Rocky leant money to Louis because he knew that Joe did not have it.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #51
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Marciano footnote:

Peter, his brother, (as one could see from the vid someone posted on this thread) had Rocky's voice 'n similar facial features.

At the University of Miami, he competed as a heavyweight in intramural boxing.

All the boxers cowered in fear at the thought of facing a Marciano.

Peter's resemblance to the Rock didn't extend to the ring. He was beaten in an early match.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #52
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Marciano footnote:

Peter, his brother, (as one could see from the vid someone posted on this thread) had Rocky's voice 'n similar facial features.

At the University of Miami, he competed as a heavyweight in intramural boxing.

All the boxers cowered in fear at the thought of facing a Marciano.

Peter's resemblance to the Rock didn't extend to the ring. He was beaten in an early match.
Did one of Rocky's kids go into acting ?
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #53
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
Did one of Rocky's kids go into acting ?
Not that I know of, S. What prompts you to ask?
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #54
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Not that I know of, S. What prompts you to ask?
Hi John A few years ago,I was watching some TV movie,and one of the cast was named Marciano. He looked a lot like Rocky. May have been coincidence. By the way,I always think of Rocky when I see James Gandolfini.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #55
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
Hi John A few years ago,I was watching some TV movie,and one of the cast was named Marciano. He looked a lot like Rocky. May have been coincidence. By the way,I always think of Rocky when I see James Gandolfini.
There's a first-rate character actor named Marciano, (who usually plays weasels) but he's no relation to the Rock, S.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #56
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
There's a first-rate character actor named Marciano, (who usually plays weasels) but he's no relation to the Rock, S.
Thanks John
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #57
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
There's a first-rate character actor named Marciano, (who usually plays weasels) but he's no relation to the Rock, S.
that would be david marciano. he was in 'due south' and 'the shield'
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #58
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Midlands in England
Posts: 3,940
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
i think if a member of his family was on here they would be upset about it.
Yeah I think you're right Alf - not going to do it
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #59
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
Yeah I think you're right Alf - not going to do it
Then why mention it in the first place?
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #60
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,698
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the darker side of rocky marciano....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
He had his way with hegrant's mother.


Spoken like the Cajun inbred trash you are ...
he grant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013