Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #61
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: tyson fury looking for opponent. should alex give them a ring?

I don't think Fury is ducking him. He just doesn't want to know at this stage. Unfortunately neither do ***ton or Chisora, the latter obviously excused due to his commitments.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #62
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I don't think Fury is ducking him. He just doesn't want to know at this stage. Unfortunately neither do ***ton or Chisora, the latter obviously excused due to his commitments.
A fight I would pay good money to see would be Leapai v Dallas if it was here in the UK , plus I would get to buy you and Leati a pepsi or two .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #63
'LIONHEART'
Leati
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
A fight I would pay good money to see would be Leapai v Dallas if it was here in the UK , plus I would get to buy you and Leati a pepsi or two .
PEPSI my favourite lol u can buy me 3 when were their lol
'LIONHEART' is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #64
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Leati, would team Leapai be open to myself and a photographer popping out to a training session?
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #65
'LIONHEART'
Leati
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Leati, would team Leapai be open to myself and a photographer popping out to a training session?
Noel be the 1 to get in-contact with champ

Last edited by 'LIONHEART'; 02-17-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #66
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ok I think I have his number somewhere, cheers.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 AM   #67
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'LIONHEART' View Post
i'm sure it wouldn't hurt but Noel be the 1 to get in-contact with champ
Does Ben McEniery have much to do the ins and outs of team Leapai?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #68
'LIONHEART'
Leati
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Does Ben McEniery have much to do the ins and outs of team Leapai?
sorry i'm not to sure.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #69
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Leapai would probably cost a lot more than someone recognisable over here. I haven't seen enough of him to say he would beat Fury, but i have seen enough of both to think Fury will go further. Leapai is too small for a modern heavy and seems neither particularly fast or particularly devastating. Though he does not hit himself, so that is a plus. Tyson has fast hands and a fat gut. Fat guts can be lost, fast hands cannot be learnt, so has some hope. He is not a huge puncher either, but is a huge man, so can use his reach and fast hands to fight from range. He can also lay on opponents in close, as long as they are shorter than him, so he could do it with the K bros too. His combination punching, can be impressive too, and his uppercuts are good for a tall guy.

Chisora against Leapai would be interesting in different ways. Dereck is not the full shilling so almost certainly not afraid. He has decent skills,fast hands, is technically solid, decent power. I can't see where Leapai is better.

David Price, although tall is stoppable as was proven in the amateurs. So i expect him to be stopped again in the pros. I don't think his team have that much faith in him either, but could be wrong.

Tom Dallas. Very upright and rigid. Good height and range. Standard boxer, that is not meant derogatorily. He does the simple things, nothing flashy. He gets power from no where i can see him making a splash if he continues to improve.

There are more like Towers and ***ton etc. Towers is unproven.

***ton would be a good match for him, he has found his level here, so would be a good gauge for him.

Maybe you could get Audley over there, if you do naturalise him please
riggers is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 AM   #70
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Brilliant flick Conny , Gotta run working down South today , Up and at it ...

For you Josey, enjoy my friend!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8XaVWAsT9A[/ame]
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #71
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Everyone is ducking Leapai
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #72
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Rigggers it's not about the cash and no way has Noel priced Alex out of a fight in the UK.

Each time Noel has tried to fight over there the reply has been very little feedback and never about price...also Noles offeres include I will come there or you come here fir same money

Alex will fight almost anybody and Noel is keen to fight any fighter from the UK Haye included

No reply at all from ***ton, Rogan, Sprott or Fury....let's hope they can get a fight on soon over there as I see some great fights with the above names

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
Leapai would probably cost a lot more than someone recognisable over here. I haven't seen enough of him to say he would beat Fury, but i have seen enough of both to think Fury will go further. Leapai is too small for a modern heavy and seems neither particularly fast or particularly devastating. Though he does not hit himself, so that is a plus. Tyson has fast hands and a fat gut. Fat guts can be lost, fast hands cannot be learnt, so has some hope. He is not a huge puncher either, but is a huge man, so can use his reach and fast hands to fight from range. He can also lay on opponents in close, as long as they are shorter than him, so he could do it with the K bros too. His combination punching, can be impressive too, and his uppercuts are good for a tall guy.

Chisora against Leapai would be interesting in different ways. Dereck is not the full shilling so almost certainly not afraid. He has decent skills,fast hands, is technically solid, decent power. I can't see where Leapai is better.

David Price, although tall is stoppable as was proven in the amateurs. So i expect him to be stopped again in the pros. I don't think his team have that much faith in him either, but could be wrong.

Tom Dallas. Very upright and rigid. Good height and range. Standard boxer, that is not meant derogatorily. He does the simple things, nothing flashy. He gets power from no where i can see him making a splash if he continues to improve.

There are more like Towers and ***ton etc. Towers is unproven.

***ton would be a good match for him, he has found his level here, so would be a good gauge for him.

Maybe you could get Audley over there, if you do naturalise him please
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #73
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ashley i think the problem is no one knows who Leapai is over here. So if they beat him no one would care, probably the same in America too. Its all well and good offering to fight, but if it beating him gets you no recognition, then why do it ?

So all the guys we mentioned between us would get better kudos from fighting each other, at least over here.

If he wants the fights he needs to offer a huge cash offer, money talks. At the moment he is looking to make a name for himself, whereas he needs to get a name first to make the fights attractive over here, or make a big offer to make the fight attractive to the fighters.

Of course he wants to fight Haye but he has done nothing to deserve a title shot and Haye would obliterate him.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #74
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Ashley i think the problem is no one knows who Leapai is over here. So if they beat him no one would care, probably the same in America too. Its all well and good offering to fight, but if it beating him gets you no recognition, then why do it ?

So all the guys we mentioned between us would get better kudos from fighting each other, at least over here.

If he wants the fights he needs to offer a huge cash offer, money talks. At the moment he is looking to make a name for himself, whereas he needs to get a name first to make the fights attractive over here, or make a big offer to make the fight attractive to the fighters.

Of course he wants to fight Haye but he has done nothing to deserve a title shot and Haye would obliterate him.

Thats exactly the problem, why fight a guy like that if you can fight someone a lot easier, who is known to the public.

IMO Lepai would be better served trying to get a fight with Tua or Meehan, to bump his name up there, there's a risk Tua lands a bomb and puts him out though
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #75
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:

Thats exactly the problem, why fight a guy like that if you can fight someone a lot easier, who is known to the public.

IMO Lepai would be better served trying to get a fight with Tua or Meehan, to bump his name up there, there's a risk Tua lands a bomb and puts him out though
Earl-hickey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum