Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #16
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Yep Pecks the emotion i felt after Cahill got that second goal against Japan was a feeling ive never felt before watching sport.

i was half screaming with tears sort of rolling down my face while at the same time jumping up and down in my lounge room while at the same time talking to my cousin on the phone about how i thought we just blew our chance to show the world what we could do.

Then Timmy got one while im on the phone screaming at my cousin then my cousin goes if we win from here ill will streak down the street. then timmy got the 2nd and we went off we werent even talking to each other just screaming i the phone.

then whe Aloisi got the 3rd by this time me cousin was full boar down the street starkers.

I was in a different City thank god.
After it looked like we'd lose 0 - 1 to Japan, I started to think that our World Cup was over just as it begun. When Timmy got his first, I was relieved and stoked. It meant that no matter what happened against Brazil, we'd still be a shot at qualifying for the next phase in our last group game. Thats all I asked for in the World Cup, to be there with a chance at the end of the group stages. Then when Timmy got the 2nd...Wow. I've never ever seen Cahill hit one from outside the box before. I was stoked.
It also meant that we were in with a great chance of going through to the next round, nd that itself is a massive achievement for Australia.

The flip side is that I've never been more gutted after losing to Italy the way we did. I was spewing over that for ages, still am in a way. Thats sport though.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #17
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
i only like it because its like a game of chess but on a football field.
never thought of it like that, more like a human demolition derby to me
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #18
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
we have a few of the same faves............................................................................................... ............................................. maybe we should start dating

It kinda weirds me out that my missus is a big sports fan herself. She used to be a professional volleyball player back in Japan, and is a massive football fan.

It's a good weirdness though, my last girl didn't like sport much, didn't even really get into the World Cup.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #19
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks

It kinda weirds me out that my missus is a big sports fan herself. She used to be a professional volleyball player back in Japan, and is a massive football fan.

It's a good weirdness though, my last girl didn't like sport much, didn't even really get into the World Cup.
my missus was never a real sports fan, till we got together.

she is a parra fan but tell u wat the tigers starting team was in the gf 2005.

and now she is a boxing nut, if i forget something i ring her and usually has the answer for me.
huricn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #20
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Boppa, to give this even more of an Aussie feel, you should have added a "Fav All Blacks choke" question.

Mine would have to be their most recent one. Up 13 blot and appear to be in cruise control against a rusty French team, then....Boom.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #21
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 756
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Kostya Tszyu)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Mike Tyson)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Welterweight)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Melbourne)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (-)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (Rangers)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (Davie Cooper)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Dean Jones)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (Socceroos vs Uruguay)

10. Favourite AFL Team (Carlton)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (Chris Judd lol nah Silvagni)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (Tatiana Grigorieva)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (we play everything don't we?)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (Corrales v Castillo I)

15. Favourite KO. (Tszyu v Judah)

16. The Best Fighter All Time. (Ray Robinson)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (Formula 1)

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (Mike)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (Anna Kournikova)
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #22
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,620
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonBlues
1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Kostya Tszyu)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Mike Tyson)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Welterweight)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Melbourne)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (-)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (Rangers)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (Davie Cooper)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Dean Jones)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (Socceroos vs Uruguay)

10. Favourite AFL Team (Carlton)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (Chris Judd lol nah Silvagni)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (Tatiana Grigorieva)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (we play everything don't we?)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (Corrales v Castillo I)

15. Favourite KO. (Tszyu v Judah)

16. The Best Fighter All Time. (Ray Robinson)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (Formula 1)

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (Mike)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (Anna Kournikova)
You must be happy picking up Judd for next years footy season.
Doesn't anyone in here go for the Saints?
one in a million is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #23
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kronkton, Aust
Posts: 2,234
vCash: 509
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Roberto Duran Or Erik Morales)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Tyson & Lennox, no real fav though)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Welterweight & Middleweight)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Bulldogs)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (Dunno)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (Arsenal)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (Started following it the last year)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Steve Waugh)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (Us beating uraguay to qualify for the world cup)

10. Favourite AFL Team (Dont watch it)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (^^^^)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (Gotta admire lance armstrong)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (Mixed Martial arts)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (Morales Vs Pac 1)

15. Favourite KO. (Robbie peden over nate campbell 1) Dont drop your hands. Got alot of fav's though. Runners up Pavlik over zertuche and Hearns over Duran.

16. The Best Fighter All Time. (Ray Robinson)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (Dont really watch it much, but have to be the V8's) Go Holden.

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (Jordan)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (I remember that high jumper, who won silver for Australia, she was fine man)

20. And the final Question Which sporting hero would you turn Gay for.
Serena lol
Robot16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 AM   #24
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne - Jakarta
Posts: 677
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

1. Favourite all time Boxer. Roy Jones Jr

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. Joe Frazier

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. Light Heavy

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. Newcastle Knights

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. Robbie O'Davis

6. Favourite Soccer Team. Everton

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time. Thierry Henry

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time. Dean Jones

9. Favourite Sporting Memory. Aus -Japan WC

10. Favourite AFL Team. St Kilda

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. Nicky Winmar

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. Michael Jordan

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. NBA, College Basketball

14. Favourite Fight All Time. Corrales -Castillo I

15. Favourite KO. Jones - Hill

16. The Best Fighter All Time. Ray Robinson

17. Favourite Motor Sport. It all bores the shit out of me

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. Michael Jordan - Penny Hardaway

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. Women don't play sport, they participate in a hobby.

20. And the final Question Which sporting hero would you turn Gay for. Pass.
Dojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 AM   #25
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 756
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
You must be happy picking up Judd for next years footy season.
Doesn't anyone in here go for the Saints?
Very happy, didn't think we would ever attract a good player let alone Chris Judd.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 AM   #26
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 900
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Gotta be Ali)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Ali)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Im only new to understanding the pros but since ive been around the welters have been the best by far)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Cowboys)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (Preston Campbel)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (Dont follow soccer)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (N/A)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Michael Beaven)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (My first boxing win)

10. Favourite AFL Team (dont follow AFL)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (N/A)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (no idea lol)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (Gridion.. boring to watch but fun to play)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (cant pick one)

15. Favourite KO. (Julian Jackson vs Terry Norris) Ouch.

16. The Best Fighter All Time. (i'll just go with the general view and say Ray Robinson)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (V8 Supercars)

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (MJ)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (dont have one)

20. And the final Question Which sporting hero would you turn Gay for. (no one at all)
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #27
boxa01
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: QLD
Posts: 114
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Floyd mayweather jr)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Tyson)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Jr Welters)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Titans)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (matty bowen)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (QLD Roar Dont know much about soccer)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (Kasey Wehrman)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Warnie)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (Winning aus amatuer title)

10. Favourite AFL Team (dont follow AFL but got a indigenous allstars jersey so them)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (****atoo collins)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (Roy jones jr basketball and boxing)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (basketball and1)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (brendon wilson vs ****** kane it was a war)

15. Favourite KO. (mundine vs timo masua)
16. The Best Fighter All Time. (kostya)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (V8 Supercars)

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (Lebron james)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (cathy freeman)

20. And the final Question Which sporting hero would you turn Gay for. (haha bomber Charcoal Chicken Peden)
boxa01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #28
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxa01
1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Floyd mayweather jr)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Tyson)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Jr Welters)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Titans)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (matty bowen)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (QLD Roar Dont know much about soccer)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (Kasey Wehrman)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Warnie)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (Winning aus amatuer title)

10. Favourite AFL Team (dont follow AFL but got a indigenous allstars jersey so them)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (****atoo collins)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (Roy jones jr basketball and boxing)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (basketball and1)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (brendon wilson vs ****** kane it was a war)

15. Favourite KO. (mundine vs timo masua)
16. The Best Fighter All Time. (kostya)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (V8 Supercars)

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (Lebron james)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (cathy freeman)

20. And the final Question Which sporting hero would you turn Gay for. (haha bomber Charcoal Chicken Peden)
Are you any relation to soccer player Kasey Wehrman??
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #29
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 244
vCash: 75
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

1. Favourite all time Boxer. (Kostya Tszyu)

2. Favourite Heavyweight All Time. (Mike Tyson)

3. Favourite Weight Division All Time. (Welterweight its changing to lightweight now)

4. Favourite Rugby League Team. (Roosters)

5. Favourite Rugby League Player All Time. (Luke Phillips)

6. Favourite Soccer Team. (Sydney Fc - i dont follow football much)

7. Favourite Soccer Player All Time (Eric Cantona - for flykicking someone)

8. Favourite Cricketer All Time (Steve Waugh)

9. Favourite Sporting Memory (Roosters vs Warriors grandfinal)

10. Favourite AFL Team (Sydney Swans)

11. Favourite AFL Player All Time. (Adam Goodes)

12. Favourite Athlete all Time. (Michael Jordan)

13. Favourite Sport outside Australia. (Cant think of one)

14. Favourite Fight All Time (Corrales vs Castillo)

15. Favourite KO. (Whoever knocked Darchinyan out)

16. The Best Fighter All Time. (In my time Mike Tyson, But from what ive read and little youtube vids ray robinson was very impressive)

17. Favourite Motor Sport (V8 Supercars)

18. Favourite Basketballer All Time. (Jordan)

19. Favourite Women Sporting Hero. (cathy freeman)

20. And the final Question Which sporting hero would you turn Gay for. Butterbean
wangman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:01 AM   #30
boxa01
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: QLD
Posts: 114
vCash: 1000
Default Re: QUESTIONS to all the Aussie Fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Are you any relation to soccer player Kasey Wehrman??
ha ha he is about the only soccer player i know
boxa01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013