Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 75
Default Less than 1 hour until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Yes, it had to be done.

Okay, maybe Alexander won't actually leave the Ring on a stretcher, but I'd bet my **** (small bet ) that he leaves the Ring without his treasured WBC light-welterweight title belt, and his dignity. Bradley is just too good technically to lose to a fighter who cannot adapt, has a predicatable style, and does not fight to his opponents weaknesses. I have a lot of V-cash on the Ninja turtle, so he better not let me down.

Bradley has this in the bag IMO. Devon isn't gonna know what's hit him! (Right-cross, southpaws susceptible to this punch). He has never fought an opponent as smart, as fast, as coordinated or as well prepared as Timothy Bradley. You can see by the way that Devon and Cunningham have been talking, that team Alexander is confident, but I think that despite his ****iness, Alexander is in for a rude awakening tonight. I don't think he'll be as self-assured after 12 rounds with Timbo....!

And by the way, does me making this thread mean that I have jinxed Timmy? I know that not one 'leave the ring on a stretcher' thread has been correct in it's prediciton to this day, but surely that's got to change at some point........right? I wouldn't want to look like a cunt .


Last edited by SportsLeader; 01-29-2011 at 12:47 PM.
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Nah alexander will win this fight and set up a fight with amir king khan.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
Posts: 9,852
vCash: 1035
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

bradley's technical skill is incredibly overrated. he's very sound, but he's not some ring wizard.
Swarmer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,300
vCash: 214
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Well, the appropriate title for the thread would have been "Less than 9 hours until Tim Bradley leaves the ring on a stretcher..........". These kind of threads require that the prediction is wrong.
Zacker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 75
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Nah alexander will win this fight and set up a fight with amir king khan.
Oh, you think so?

A lot of people are picking Alexander so close to the fight, I don't really know why either.

Good luck with your prediction.........you'll need it
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsLeader View Post
Oh, you think so?

A lot of people are picking Alexander so close to the fight, I don't really know why either.

Good luck with your prediction.........you'll need it
I know alexander didn't look good against kotelnik but i can't forget what he did to the iron chin urango and can't forget bradley gong down against holt. If alexander catch bradley the way holt did, i can see him finishing him off.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 75
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarmer View Post
bradley's technical skill is incredibly overrated. he's very sound, but he's not some ring wizard.
Maybe not, but compared to Alexander, his ring smarts and technical skills stand out. On watching Bradley - Peterson and Alexander - Kotelnik again, it is clear who can follow a game-plan better, who the better judge of distance is, who has the better timing, who has a wider variation of punches, who can adapt their gameplan when the going get tough, and it was obvious to me that Bradley was the winner in all of these categories.

I may overrate Bradley's technical skills, but IMO, they are superior enough to Devon Alexanders to allow him to win this fight.

You went to Alexander - Kotelnik didn't you? Are you a Devon fan? Who are you picking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker View Post
Well, the appropriate title for the thread would have been "Less than 9 hours until Tim Bradley leaves the ring on a stretcher..........". These kind of threads require that the prediction is wrong.
Probably now that I think about it....

Or maybe I'll start a new trend?
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Oh damn you're boy is ****ed

Atlast picked him to win
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
BoxKing
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Bradley by UD or late stoppage
BoxKing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
46and0
It's irrefutable.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cordial salutations
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 165
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
46and0 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
Saints Fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 458
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Bradley has a big fukkin' head. that being said, I'm picking him in a real slugfest.
Saints Fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 75
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Oh damn you're boy is ****ed

Atlast picked him to win


Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
Bradley by UD or late stoppage
You think he can stop Devon? I'd be surprised personally.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Fan View Post
Bradley has a big fukkin' head. that being said, I'm picking him in a real slugfest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 46and0 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Will this actually happen? I'd like to see it.
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
Posts: 9,852
vCash: 1035
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsLeader View Post
Maybe not, but compared to Alexander, his ring smarts and technical skills stand out. On watching Bradley - Peterson and Alexander - Kotelnik again, it is clear who can follow a game-plan better, who the better judge of distance is, who has the better timing, who has a wider variation of punches, who can adapt their gameplan when the going get tough, and it was obvious to me that Bradley was the winner in all of these categories.

I may overrate Bradley's technical skills, but IMO, they are superior enough to Devon Alexanders to allow him to win this fight.

You went to Alexander - Kotelnik didn't you? Are you a Devon fan? Who are you picking?
I agree that Bradley can adapt better. But I personally think both fighters will abandon game plans at some point. I think this is gonna be a barnburner actually with a lot of exchanges. Bradley has the skill edge, Alexander has the athleticism edge. I actually think they have about the same will to win. Honestly I don't feel comfortable picking a winner in this one... although i think the popular pick of Bradley UD is probably the safest bet, if I was a betting man.

I did indeed go to that fight(native st. louisan) and at the time I slagged alexander a lot because i was disappointed.. but people need to realize that Devon is great against come forward fighters like Bradley... a lot ofpeople see it as a wash for tim and theyre gonna be srprised imo. I am a devon fan. gotta back my hometown fighter!
Swarmer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 75
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarmer View Post
I agree that Bradley can adapt better. But I personally think both fighters will abandon game plans at some point. I think this is gonna be a barnburner actually with a lot of exchanges. Bradley has the skill edge, Alexander has the athleticism edge. I actually think they have about the same will to win. Honestly I don't feel comfortable picking a winner in this one... although i think the popular pick of Bradley UD is probably the safest bet, if I was a betting man.

I did indeed go to that fight(native st. louisan) and at the time I slagged alexander a lot because i was disappointed.. but people need to realize that Devon is great against come forward fighters like Bradley... a lot ofpeople see it as a wash for tim and theyre gonna be srprised imo. I am a devon fan. gotta back my hometown fighter!


They should have held the fight in St. Louis, I'm surprised that they didn't. Apparently the Silverdome isn't drawing in much of a crown.
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #15
pahapoisu
Superman!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In a madmans dreamland
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 105
Default Re: Less than 9 hours until Devon Alexander leaves the ring on a stretcher..........

9 hours... damn, i allways have to wait all nigh long to hear the results(i wont) or find out the next morning.
pahapoisu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013