Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 03:45 AM   #16
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Were there any "robberies" in history in which you scored for the actual winner?

i had Lacy beating Joe by a point
Healy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 AM   #17
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224
Default Re: Were there any "robberies" in history in which you scored for the actual winner?

a guy who used to work in my office that i talked boxing with agreed with the decision in the first holyfield-lewis fight, lost all respect for him that day.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:09 AM   #18
Cookie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I had Chris John beating JMM. Scored it 6 rounds each and the two point deductions made it 114-112 to John.

Had Peter beating Toney the first time too.
Cookie is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #19
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Jack Presscot scored Trinidad over De La Hoya

Oh my...
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #20
Saltzy
Bam-O
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

I had Bobby Pac winning the fight against Hernadez.
Saltzy is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 05:26 AM   #21
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i had clinton woods beating glen johnson 114-113 in their first fight.

Also had Roy Jones beating Tarver in their first fight too, but that isn't that controversial is it?
Words is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 06:01 AM   #22
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

I may have to agree that i did think Ray leonard did the right kind of work to beat Marvin, it may have been Marvin that made the fight so much more exciting but he boxed a very unintelligent fight , he knew that Ray was going to run and flick all night , he could have did similar by nullifying him and working the attacks late in each round, Hagler never had an actual gameplan, that is why he lost it.. It was close as hell, but in my eyes Hagler did not win the fans or the Judges by being the tough guy in an event like that..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 06:11 AM   #23
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

A lot did and even i can see where you are coming from, but Ray was always going to do what he did , i was just very surprized that Marvin didn't make it more difficult for Ray to keep running and flurrying.. Marvin should have shut him down a lot more and made it harder for Sugar to convince his darling fans that he was winning by such means.. ie.. knocking that smile off his face .. he looked like it was so comfortable in there for Ray.. I just wish i knew what the judges were looking for that night.. Was it a show .. or an equal prize fight... ?? It was a very massive event.. and it was one of those nights that people were easily swayed by commentary or people arond the ringside area.. Too many people were pulling for Ray no matter what....
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #24
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ray had every celebrity at ringside rooting for him. Even Stevie Wonder said Ray won the fight
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #25
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Yeah, three.

I scored Forrest/Quartey 95-94 for Forrest.
I scored Toney/Peter 114-113 for Peter.
Not a robbery, but I had Duran up against SRL 67-66 in SRL/Duran II.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #26
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

I had Forrest beating Quartey
I had Urango beating Rabah

That's all.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #27
Nico
hi.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
I'm not about to rewatch the fight and rescore it to give you wish rounds.....I did'nt see where DLH was clearly outboxing Trinidad through the first 9 rounds as alot of people like to point out.
DLH did to much running and too much postering even through the first 9 for me to call that effective boxing.

The way I remember it, I had DLH ahead by a point after 8 or 9 rounds, and I wound up giving Trinidad the remainder of the rounds.

Well, I didn't mean that I wanted you to rewatch the fight and rescore it. I asked just because a lot of people remember their scorecards, because it is such a controversial and talked about fight even now. I still remember my exact scorecard for Leonard-Hagler, for example.
Nico is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #28
gambleer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
I'm not about to rewatch the fight and rescore it to give you wish rounds.....I did'nt see where DLH was clearly outboxing Trinidad through the first 9 rounds as alot of people like to point out.
DLH did to much running and too much postering even through the first 9 for me to call that effective boxing.

The way I remember it, I had DLH ahead by a point after 8 or 9 rounds, and I wound up giving Trinidad the remainder of the rounds.
Trinidad won nothing more than 5 rounds in that fight. When I ask people who had Tito winning, what rounds they gave to Tito, I always listen as answers:
"I don't remember" or "I don't have my scorecard here" or "Oscar ran for the last 4 rounds, so Tito won".
gambleer is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #29
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I had Forrest beating Quartey. I also had Oscar beating Quartey. (Not that I have anything against Ike; I actually like him as a fighter.)
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #30
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
I had Peter clearly winning the first fight with Toney. I had him up by at least 3 rounds, I thought Toneys punches were pathetically ineffective.

I had Taylor winning both fights with B-Hop.

I cant really think of any robberies that I agreed with.
Completely agree. Peter was pushing Toney back with all of his shots, and I dont know how these Hopkins hggers can say he clearly beat Taylor when he conceded the first 5 rounds of each fight.
Illmatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum