Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #46
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Were there any "robberies" in history in which you scored for the actual winner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
I may have to agree that i did think Ray leonard did the right kind of work to beat Marvin, it may have been Marvin that made the fight so much more exciting but he boxed a very unintelligent fight , he knew that Ray was going to run and flick all night , he could have did similar by nullifying him and working the attacks late in each round, Hagler never had an actual gameplan, that is why he lost it.. It was close as hell, but in my eyes Hagler did not win the fans or the Judges by being the tough guy in an event like that..
Certainly inept judges may be influenced by the crowd, but I did'nt know that winning over the fans was part of the scoring criteria!
divac is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 PM   #47
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Were there any "robberies" in history in which you scored for the actual winner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
A lot did and even i can see where you are coming from, but Ray was always going to do what he did , i was just very surprized that Marvin didn't make it more difficult for Ray to keep running and flurrying.. Marvin should have shut him down a lot more and made it harder for Sugar to convince his darling fans that he was winning by such means.. ie.. knocking that smile off his face .. he looked like it was so comfortable in there for Ray.. I just wish i knew what the judges were looking for that night.. Was it a show .. or an equal prize fight... ?? It was a very massive event.. and it was one of those nights that people were easily swayed by commentary or people arond the ringside area.. Too many people were pulling for Ray no matter what....
Ah, I see.....and I agree!
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #48
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambleer
Trinidad won nothing more than 5 rounds in that fight. When I ask people who had Tito winning, what rounds they gave to Tito, I always listen as answers:
"I don't remember" or "I don't have my scorecard here" or "Oscar ran for the last 4 rounds, so Tito won".
I'll gladly debate rounds with fights that are recent, example, I still have my scorecard for Mosely Cotto!
In reality if I rewatched the fight and gave you explicit scores for each round and why each fighter won each round, those who dont agree, are still not going to agree.
So for fights that have long been past and fought, I usually wont go out of my way to rewatch!
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #49
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I agreed with DLH-Whitaker.

I always thought Pretty Boy won the first Castillo fight by a few rounds, though Castillo definitely won some rounds ...and I think he won BY A LARGER MARGIN than he eked out in the second one, which no one on earth seems to agree with me about except the official judges.

I thought Barrera won the first Juarez fight, too.

Jones won the first Tarver fight too.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #50
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

I had Peter beating Toney in the first fight as well as Taylor beating Hopkins in the second.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 PM   #51
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
The big story was that everyone thinks SRL "had it easy" and Hagler didnt, completely ignoring that he earned everything he got, fought better fighters, won a gold medal, AND beat Hagler despite being out of the ring for years and never having fought at middleweight.
None of that has anything to do with scoring a fight, although many may have given Leonard rounds for the very reasons you state.
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #52
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Those people are either lying or they are blood related to Chavez
You ought to try watching the fight sometime. If you're not a Whitaker fanatic, or a Chavez hater....I think you'll be suprised just how close the fight really was.

......bit of advice however.....watch the fight and score round by round.
.....if you dont do that and just watch without jotting down a score after each round....Whitaker has a couple of pretty dominant rounds mid to late that can influence you to believe that he fought the whole fight in that manner.
Those two dominant rounds can leave an impression that there was no way Chavez was in the fight.

.....but score round by round, and if you're honestly scoring without any bias, you will at least find that it was close on the cards!
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #53
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmille
waddafroot. maybe you should grow a pair.
Not even for a fellow Miamian.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #54
caballo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1063

As everybody already knows, the one that comes to mind is Ruiz v. Toney. Toney got the benefit of a bogus knockdown after stepping on Ruiz' toe (not to mention the steroid scandal that blew up around the fight) and squeezed out the decision. A travesty of a decision that has gone down in history as one of the great rip-offs in the history of the sport we love.
caballo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 AM   #55
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
None of that has anything to do with scoring a fight, although many may have given Leonard rounds for the very reasons you state.
exactly.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:16 AM   #56
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Friggin' Jack scores every fight for the guy DLH is fighting
HE had Yori Boy Campas ahead by 1 round before the stoppage.

This is the guy who scored EVERY round for Tarver in the first Tarver-Jones fight. How can people take this guy seriously?
maciek4 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #57
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

I had Taylor/Winky a draw. Winky was just ahead going into the last round but let Taylor take the 12th and gave him the draw.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 AM   #58
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
a guy who used to work in my office that i talked boxing with agreed with the decision in the first holyfield-lewis fight, lost all respect for him that day.
I have no problem with the draw, I only had Lewis winning 7-5. People were spun by the boxing media into thinking that fight was a robbery. It was not, Lewis just did enough, no more, he gave Holyfield too much respect and paid the price.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:27 AM   #59
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Which 5 rounds did you feel Holyfield won?
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 07:02 AM   #60
Saltzy
Bam-O
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 50

Quote:
As everybody already knows, the one that comes to mind is Ruiz v. Toney. Toney got the benefit of a bogus knockdown after stepping on Ruiz' toe (not to mention the steroid scandal that blew up around the fight) and squeezed out the decision. A travesty of a decision that has gone down in history as one of the great rip-offs in the history of the sport we love.

Wait.... are you saying you thought John Ruiz won the fight??????????????????????????????????????
Saltzy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum