Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Losing too much weight too fast?

Hey guys. I just recently started taking my health seriously after a long delay. I was 180 when I graduated, and since I had been to as much as 230. Just eight days ago I started for the first time in my life sticking to a diet and working out at the same time, novel idea. eight days ago I was 222 and today I am 215. I weight myself in the morning everyday, and was almost surprised to see my weight last night because I failed a little bit and ate more pumpkin pie then I should have at a late hour.

Foods I have cut out are all foods that are related to heartburn because of a condition I have. So, zero fast food, zero chocolate, and I'm only drinking water and 100 percent fresh juice. I am eating a lot of lean chicken, turkey, and steak. For working out I am just going to the gym to the treadmill and running almost everyday. Probably five times in the eight days so far. I'm just concerned about the weight loss, but to be honest I feel great. I have zero bad food in my body, my stomach would probably explode if I put grease in it right now. To make a long question short, does my weight loss seem to rapid?
standing 8countboxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Losing too much weight too fast?

I don't know, but good luck and stick with it!
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

Happened to me back in 2005. I weighed in at 226 then one day I just decided to lessen my food intake and stop eating bad food and drinking soda. In one week I lost 10 lbs I think. Did that for one month, I lost 30 lbs. What you are losing right now is mostly water weight hence the reason for rapid weight lost. Dont worry about it. You will find out when you should start eating more to lose weight.
SweetScience is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScience
Happened to me back in 2005. I weighed in at 226 then one day I just decided to lessen my food intake and stop eating bad food and drinking soda. In one week I lost 10 lbs I think. Did that for one month, I lost 30 lbs. What you are losing right now is mostly water weight hence the reason for rapid weight lost. Dont worry about it. You will find out when you should start eating more to lose weight.
Cool, thanks. I should also note that I am not a boxer, so I'm not TRYING to lose weight to make weight or anything, I just didn't know where else to put this. I'm sorry for getting in the way of the actual fighters, like yourself.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

That seems about right for someone who just recently began eating right and exercising. The weight loss will slow down eventually as you keep with the plan and get in better shape.

good for you for taking your health seriously.
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Unless you are extremely overweight you should aim to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

Most people find it strange that you have to eat more (healthy foods) to lose weight effectively. What do you eat in a day? And how many calories?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing 8countboxing
Cool, thanks. I should also note that I am not a boxer, so I'm not TRYING to lose weight to make weight or anything, I just didn't know where else to put this. I'm sorry for getting in the way of the actual fighters, like yourself.
I wasnt a fighter back then. I just hated the way I felt and I was an aspiring ball player.
SweetScience is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™
Unless you are extremely overweight you should aim to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

Most people find it strange that you have to eat more (healthy foods) to lose weight effectively. What do you eat in a day? And how many calories?
You can loose 1-2 lbs a day taking a shit. 4-5lbs is a better average and very easy to attain with the correct diet and the right amount of exercise.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #9
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
You can loose 1-2 lbs a day taking a shit. 4-5lbs is a better average and very easy to attain with the correct diet and the right amount of exercise.
So you're saying someone not hugely overweight losing near enough a pound a day is healthy? This isn't about losing waterweight, or "taking a shit" it's losing body fat.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™
So you're saying someone not hugely overweight losing near enough a pound a day is healthy? This isn't about losing waterweight, or "taking a shit" it's losing body fat.
Iv got girls over 17stone loosing 5lbs a week.Its easy enough to be done.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Like I said, this guy isn't hugely overweight. I'd say girls weighing nearly 240lbs are hugely overweight, so it's not difficult for them to lose that much weight in a healthy way.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

It was just his body ad******g to the initial diet and exercise plan. I'm sure he'll slow down to a pound a week or somewheres around there. (until he's at a healthy weight)
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Quote:
He already stated that he wasn't trying to lose a lot of weight really fast. He's just trying to live healthy. Simmer down.
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I haven't been counting my calories at all, just watching what I eat. With a very few exceptions I haven't ate anything that could be considered "bad for you." I probably am just losing a lot of water weight right now, just by the fact I've gotten off the couch and started sweating. Regardless, I feel better. When I hit a plateau with weight loss and if I still want to lose weight I will contact you guys for better methods. As a side note I was told by my doctor to lose 20 pounds, so right now my goal is get to a little sub 200. I am 6'1" and of skinny-medium build. Nobody believes that I am 220 pounds. It goes to my gut and face the most. I already feel like I'm starting to lose the gut fat, not sure about the face. I'll wait for other people's reaction over the holidays for that, I guess. Thanks for all the help and advice!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #15
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
If that's fat loss they burn about 2800 kcal of fat alone, each day. I don't think that's a healthy pace unless those girls have a 5000 kcal/day metabolism. Possible, sure. Healthy, not so sure.
RDJ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing