Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 72
Default Arum & Bradley

I have heard that Bradley's contract is up soon, and he's in no rush to sign a new one...

Now Arum has been giving Bradley his props, even as far as saying he could get a fight with the Pacman..

Could we be seeing Bradley signing for Top Rank?

No sources, just my opinion, but i think it's a real possibility.

Anyone agree?
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Arum & Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunitoJab View Post
I have heard that Bradley's contract is up soon, and he's in no rush to sign a new one...

Now Arum has been giving Bradley his props, even as far as saying he could get a fight with the Pacman..

Anyone agree?
so the only way to beat up emmanuel is to be working for bob or pulling off a Mosley?
Leon is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
so the only way to beat up emmanuel is to be working for bob or pulling off a Mosley?
Well i wouldn't go as far as to say that, i was just making a link between Arum giving him props, and Tim's contract running out.

But it seems Arum prefers in house.
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

Quote:
Well i wouldn't go as far as to say that, i was just making a link between Arum giving him props, and Tim's contract running out.

But it seems Arum prefers in house.
Manny Pacquiao fight shotcaller Bob Arum took a long look at Tim Bradley as the Californian retained his undefeated status against previously unbeaten Devon Alexander and liked what he saw with one glaring exception.
"I am troubled, very troubled by his tendency to head butt his opponents," Pacman's promoter said on Sunday. "The frequency of the head butts is something he must change. I don't think it's anything Bradley does intentionally."
Arum, whose fighter Lamont Peterson was beaten by the fighter from North Palm Springs, described the 27 year old as "not a great fighter but a very good fighter."
In Arum's view, Bradley should next target Golden Boy's 140 pound champ, the Freddie Roach trained Amir Khan. Arum sees Bradley overcoming Khan.
"I think Bradley is too tough a guy for Amir, that Khan has nothing to keep Bradley off of him. Khan has nothing to hurt Bradley with while he's getting constant pressure," Arum said.
The Top Rank head honcho said he's had no discussions with Bradley and his manager Cameron Dunkin but that, if Bradley was contractually free, he would be a welcome addition and figures in as a Pacman foe.
Maybe that's why Big Gary Shaw, whose promotional deal with Bradley is believed to expire in May, was targeting Floyd Mayweather after the technical decision over Alexander. Bradley, meanwhile, was describing a lucrative Pacquiao bout as "the keys to the gate."
Shaw and Arum appear to be on a collision course as Shaw downplayed a Bradley-Pacman bout, saying Arum only uses in house fighters to fight the Pinoy Idol.
"Bradley reminds me of (May 7 Pacman foe) Sugar Shane Mosley. Now some may say Shane's skills are diminished but he and Bradley always come off as nice guys. Bradley is a family guy who talks sensibly., there's no trash-talking, any of that nonsense.
"Bradley's the kid of fighter we'd love to have. He just comes off nicely as a person and is the kind of opponent I think Manny would welcome, the kind of opponent who is good for the sport of boxing," the 79 year old Arum said.
Arum, who is staging Mosley-Pacquiao with the Showtime/CBS TV combination, was critical of how promoters Shaw and Don King chose Pontiac, Mich., as the Saturday night bout venue and said the telecast and a mummified audience with no local rooting interest was "a downer.
"They made this fight too soon. They should've let it build up another year or so. It's indicative of how HBO handles their business. They put a lot of marketing into it but I don't think it got out to the sports fans, only to the (hardcore) boxing fans.
"Watching on TV, I felt no electricity so much so that even the broadcasters did not really seem pumped up, I mean (Jim) Lampley, (Larry) Merchant and (Emanuel) Steward. It was sort of like a downer.
"Most of the fans got their tickets for free. It wasn't a live audience like when you have a good Mexican fighter and fans who are really into the fight."
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
TheDon
KO Artist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1291

It sounds like it will happen. Bradley wants to leave Shaw and Bob will get him big fights at 147.
TheDon is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It makes a ton of sense for both parties.

Right now I'd say it's more likely to happen than not.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
you may hate Arum, but he's the master at promoting a fight. I'd dump Gary Shaw in a heartbeat with the way he promotes fights.

why would you sign with anyone else?
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
yingyang
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

If Bradley wanna stick to a little league, Shaw is the man. But if he wanna play on the big league, Arum is your man.
yingyang is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
Pax
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i would be a great move for timbo. I'm sure big fight offers would be shot his way quickly.
Pax is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
prideofvbeach
Top 10 Pound-For-Pound
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900

Quote:

Anyone agree?
Now Arum's crazy remarks make sense...sign with me if you want millions fighting Pacman. Uncle Bob is slick, got to give him that.
prideofvbeach is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

I thought the same thing. Arum doesn't do co-promotions and Bradley's contract is up. Dangling the kind of fight not even possible with his current promoter is a great ploy.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
ekar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I think Bradley signs with GBP. He will probably fight Khan next. Plus most of the 140 pounder is at GBP. But I wouldn't be surprise if he signs with Top rank for a three fight deal to fight pacman.
ekar is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 275

Arum's a scumbag.

I'd stick it out with Shaw. Look what he done to this point. You can't tell me he'd be top 8 P4P if he'd been with Arum this whole time.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
mking
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Poor Shaw, he was in the dressing room watching Bradley's wife, I mean fight and now he's going to get dumped on.
mking is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekar View Post
I think Bradley signs with GBP. He will probably fight Khan next. Plus most of the 140 pounder is at GBP. But I wouldn't be surprise if he signs with Top rank for a three fight deal to fight pacman.
he can make more money fighting 1 fight against pacman than he would fighting 3 scrubs from GBP.
DobyZhee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum