Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655
Default ***Help Me Provide the Best Boxing History Questions for a New Interview Series!***

If anyone has any good ones that they would like me to consider using in my new Boxing History series I will be conducting with a highly regarded trainer over the next several years, please post them here and I will try and use them if/when the opportunity presents itself.

The series should be a great one and one that I believe the ESB Classic Section will enjoy a lot!

I'm aiming to do one of these a month, and I think they have potential to be informative and interesting.

I'm conducting my first one tonight.

If I do not use your question now, it does not mean I will not get to it some time down the road.

So please, if anyone has any questions related to ANY ASPECT of boxing history, please post them here and if the opportunity permits, I may eventually use the question in my new series that will launch tonight.

Thank you in advance for the contributions. I know there are some very knowledgeable posters here, and I welcome contributions. If I specifically use your question, I will credit your name for a contribution towards the piece if you would like!

So please feel free to ask here, or if you feel more comfortable you can email me.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (If you email me write "HISTORY!" in the subject line)

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Help Me Provide the Best Boxing History Questions for a New Interview Series!*

What former Heavyweight champion's home is deemed a Historic site, by his state ?
answer- James J Corbett , Bayside, New York.
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200
Default Re: ***Help Me Provide the Best Boxing History Questions for a New Interview Series!*

Quote:
new Boxing History series I will be conducting with a highly regarded trainer over the next several years
I bet this interview series is with Manny Steward, he seems to enjoy being "On the Ropes".
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
manbearpig
A Scottish Noob
ESB Addict

vCash: 1185

Why don't you finish the 'P4P Survey' first you lazy cunt?
manbearpig is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I bet this interview series is with Manny Steward, he seems to enjoy being "On the Ropes".
Yes, the new series is with Emanuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
Why don't you finish the 'P4P Survey' first you lazy cunt?

Well, there is still time to get one in for the first part of the series.

If anyone has anything and wants it to have a chance to be included this month, hit me up now.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Pertaining to boxing history??? OK.

Ask Manny where my ****ing pen is. When looking after Fenech in the early 1990's, I had a little chat with him, and he signed a book for myself. The man 'accidently' took my pen..... maybe he's since used it to sign the dotted line on many contracts. That pen might now be FAMOUS, and I want it back.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
Yes, the new series is with Emanuel.
Please ask him, if King has offered him the role of Tyson's head trainer in 1989, instead of the inexperienced Aaron Snowell, would he have accepted the job?

If yes, how well does he think Tyson would've done, particularily against Douglas, Holyfield & Old Foreman, with him in his corner, during the time frame '89 to '91.

Thanks for your time.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Please ask him, if King has offered him the role of Tyson's head trainer in 1989, instead of the inexperienced Aaron Snowell, would he have accepted the job?

If yes, how well does he think Tyson would've done, particularily against Douglas, Holyfield & Old Foreman, with him in his corner, during the time frame '89 to '91.

Thanks for your time.
Okay! I will 100% ask that in the first part of the series.

I think the fan question for the first edition is sealed up. Although I may do two fan questions.

In any case, pm here and I will give you a credit in the finished piece.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
Okay! I will 100% ask that in the first part of the series.

I think the fan question for the first edition is sealed up. Although I may do two fan questions.

In any case, pm here and I will give you a credit in the finished piece.

This is totally awesome.

Credit would be nice, are you asking me to pm you?
I tried to pm you something before, but your inbox was full.
I'll try anyway.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
This is totally awesome.

Credit would be nice, are you asking me to pm you?
I tried to pm you something before, but your inbox was full.
I'll try anyway.

I wrote you back in pm. Just shoot me that email and I will keep you posted when the interview and subsequent transcript are done.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #11
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

So are we better emailing you the questions or posting here?
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post
So are we better emailing you the questions or posting here?
Yes, if you have a proper full name that you want to me to use (either in the question and/or in the article) then you should email me and send me:

1. Your name
2. Your location
3. Your question

If and when I use your question, I will inform you.

PS-There is a possibility I will use a question similar to one that was suggested without realizing it. In the event this happens, I will still provide credits when asked.

My goal is to just get a good selection of fan questions for each interview in addition to my questions.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2433

Rummy-you are a sack of shit!
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

Rummy, I'd like to have Steward's opinion on who he rates as the top middlewights of all time. Monzon? Robinson? Burley? Hagler? Hopkins? Who's his top five and in what order?
Thanks.
dpw417 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 AM   #15
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw417 View Post
Rummy, I'd like to have Steward's opinion on who he rates as the top middlewights of all time. Monzon? Robinson? Burley? Hagler? Hopkins? Who's his top five and in what order?
Thanks.

I'll see what I can do about getting this on on the first one. Spoke to Emanuel today, and he is excited to start this new series. I think I'll do the actual interview with him on Thursday it looks like now. So it should be up next week sometime.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum