Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dana White

I wouldn't go as far as to say its sinking.But its star is definitely waning. The UFC is now the FACE of MMA.Thats bad news as there is little to no real competition.PRIDE is gone and the K1 has no representation in the West.Dana raped it for what it was worth and had no intention of continuing its glorious tradition.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
Fighting Fisherman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
What point? The last time i looked when Liddell KO`ed Couture he was out cold. He doesnt have a point.His always trying to find some form of leverage and has to diss boxing in order to give the UFC some legitmacy.The mans an idiot.
He is basically saying that a fighter can tap out and there is not shame in it... as much as I don't like Dana White, he right. A boxer doing the same thing in a match is ridiculed for it, the Duran example was a good one. Obviously he is trying to make the UFC seem more acceptable and civilised... good luck with that Dana!

Once the UFC has someone on Dancing with the Stars, then he has main stream acceptance. Boxing 2 - UFC 0
Fighting Fisherman is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #18
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
"If we are in a boxing match my goal is to hit you so hard that I knock you unconscious or I hit you in the head more times than you hit me in the head. That's how it went. These guys in the UFC can go to the ground. Another big thing is the tapout. If a fighter gets into a bad position and knows that he is hurt he can tap out. In boxing, look at Roberto Duran, he quit on the stool against "Sugar" Ray Leonard and was ridiculed."

The above are his words from a transcript from Sports Unfiltered.Why does this prick ALWAYS find it neccesary to bash boxing to give the UFC some kudos?
Maybe I'm slow but wtf is his point in that quote? Doesn't make any sense to me maybe i would have to read the whole article.

Is he simply trying to say that there are more possible outcomes in UFC than in Boxing?
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #19
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
**** Dana The Bitch, **** Mma And **** Ufc
WTF happened Kirk?! How you been bro?
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #20
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey

I like your style kirk.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #21
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya
WTF happened Kirk?! How you been bro?
ok man, how are you? hope things are going smoothly for you. you still fighting? gonna be buying my plane ticket soon to go see feroz fight on the 23rd!
kirk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

I don't take it as an insult when he talks bad about boxing becuase I have heard him say how much he has respect for certain fighters and grew up wacthing the sport .What he's doing is just plain ole marketing ..He will take evry oppurtunity to bost about his product while knocking the comp !Nothing wrong w/that !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #23
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fisherman
He is basically saying that a fighter can tap out and there is not shame in it... as much as I don't like Dana White, he right. A boxer doing the same thing in a match is ridiculed for it, the Duran example was a good one. Obviously he is trying to make the UFC seem more acceptable and civilised... good luck with that Dana!

Once the UFC has someone on Dancing with the Stars, then he has main stream acceptance. Boxing 2 - UFC 0
With all due respect its hardly the same thing.Quitting on your stool is not comparable to tapping out from a submission.There 2 diffrent sports with 2 diffrent historys and 2 entirely diffrent rule sets.The comparison is not valid and Dana as usual is trying ot bash boxing.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #24
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
ok man, how are you? hope things are going smoothly for you. you still fighting? gonna be buying my plane ticket soon to go see feroz fight on the 23rd!
Niiiiiice man, that'll be hot. yeah, I'm still going-I'm actually going to be in Spokane this weekend; coaching and officiating matches for the tournament there. How about you?
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #25
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
With all due respect its hardly the same thing.Quitting on your stool is not comparable to tapping out from a submission.There 2 diffrent sports with 2 diffrent historys and 2 entirely diffrent rule sets.The comparison is not valid and Dana as usual is trying ot bash boxing.
Was he wrong fo rwhat he said ?Look at how people labled Tysu a quitter in the Hatton fight !!I think what he is bringing to the light is how he fans are perceiving the sport ..How can he be a voice for boxing when he hiself is a spectator ..Why people take opinions like this seriously is beyond me!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #26
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
"If we are in a boxing match my goal is to hit you so hard that I knock you unconscious or I hit you in the head more times than you hit me in the head. That's how it went. These guys in the UFC can go to the ground. Another big thing is the tapout. If a fighter gets into a bad position and knows that he is hurt he can tap out. In boxing, look at Roberto Duran, he quit on the stool against "Sugar" Ray Leonard and was ridiculed."

The above are his words from a transcript from Sports Unfiltered.Why does this prick ALWAYS find it neccesary to bash boxing to give the UFC some kudos?
Because the question that was asked to him by Dennis Miller was talking about saftey, and this was his way of explaining that MMA is safer on the brain than Boxing, which it clearly is.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Because the question that was asked to him by Dennis Miller was talking about saftey, and this was his way of explaining that MMA is safer on the brain than Boxing, which it clearly is.
People read this and automatically think its a dis on Boxing !
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #28
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
**** Dana The Bitch, **** Mma And **** Ufc
AMEN!!!

Last edited by Heavyrighthand; 09-20-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #29
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

**** DANA WHITE

Let Boxing straighten out Boxing, we've been here over 100 years

I dont hate UFC but it's "leader" is an asshole who should honor and promotes his athletes on merit instead of attacking Boxing.

Picture Goodell picking on Stern and the NBA. Yet this White idiot consistently targets Boxing, every time.

I hope he gets shit bombed by a low flying grouping of geese, just before he walks into his next boardmeeting
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #30
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya
Niiiiiice man, that'll be hot. yeah, I'm still going-I'm actually going to be in Spokane this weekend; coaching and officiating matches for the tournament there. How about you?
This saturday?
kirk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum