Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Manuel Ortiz vs. Eder Jofre

Hmmm, this is an interesting and difficult fight to predict, as at his best Ortiz was an outstanding fighter in his own right. I would give the edge in power to Eder who also had the better chin, he was also a master boxer with perfect balance and excellent stamina.

Ortiz was more fleetfooted however, and according to some people I know who saw him fight live he fought only as hard as he needed to and did just enough to beat you by decision. But if you hurt or dropped him, that was it as it seemed to light a fire in his belly when that happened and he would be looking to punish you.

A buddy of mine from LA who saw him fight several times and who actually saw the first Jofre/Medel fight live said that you could actually hear Manuel`s punches from the top row, as he could punch real hard when he comitted to his punches.

Taking all that into account, I think that the fight will start off with both men boxing each other and looking for openings to capitalize on. However, I think at some point Jofre will get through and hurt or drop Ortiz, at which point the fireworks will begin and the fight will start to resemble the first Jofre/Medel fight in that both men will be looking to stand their ground and trade and throw.

In that kind of fight I think Jofre`s stout chin will be the deciding factor, as he could take what Ortiz will dish out although he will get buzzed by the hard-hitting mexican who will be looking to hurt him with every blow. But Jofre was a devastating puncher as well, moreso than Ortiz IMO and I think he will hit back hard and often enough to get Ortiz to back off a bit and revert to boxing down the stretch when both men will be tired from the furious exchanges they engaged in earlier in the bout.

I`ll go wth Eder by decision in a highly competitive and spirited fight, but it is gonna a close one on the cards as both fighters would have their moments and I believe the judges are gonna have a hard time scoring some of the rounds in which they will be waging war, which I think is inevitable as both men could be lured into a brawl when hurt.

Jofre SD15 Ortiz, in what would be a fight to remember in my opinion.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
brownpimp88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

eder jofre would beat him.
brownpimp88 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Jofre would be my pick. Who were the best fighters Ortiz beat?
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum