Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

I think Hatton could very well beat Mayweather, who has lost a lot of his vaunted speed by moving up to 147-154...

Hatton will bully him and likely make PBF suffer, if PBF performs only to the level he did against Oscar...he's really going to need to put in more effort than that because Ricky will make him work...
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #17
joe33

vCash:

Hattons goona shock the world and win,hes gonna give the uk another hero yet again.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #18
JediPimp007
Long suffering reader
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
That's my gut feeling. I don't remember Floyd EVER just shutting up . I've got a feeling he has really bad intentions for Hatton.
me too. this could actually be the first time in history that a boxer has managed to bore his opponent into a coma and win the fight without throwing a punch.

Seriously though, as much as a love Ricky and his down to earth nature, he's going to get thoroughly outboxed... unless he can somehow get inside, cut that ring off and start landing some bog shots. Unlikely though :(
JediPimp007 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #19
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
On the original thread post, I don't see how what a fighter looks like hitting the heavy bag tells you what he will do in the ring. Anyone can look good hitting a bag that isn't hitting back. Lets see how ricky handles it when his target is moving and coutering him.
Exactly it doesn't prove a damn thing.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #20
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Maybe he can, but with American judges he will surely lose the decision
Excuses already made (this one being a typical D"Wiki" UK subliminal one) ...just watchthat's why PBF is gonna KTFO Hatton just to silence the haters!

Last edited by K2ray; 11-15-2007 at 10:23 AM.
K2ray is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonAxis
I think Hatton could very well beat Mayweather, who has lost a lot of his vaunted speed by moving up to 147-154...

Hatton will bully him and likely make PBF suffer, if PBF performs only to the level he did against Oscar...he's really going to need to put in more effort than that because Ricky will make him work...
Even if PBF has lost a step he's still the fastest fighter Ricky has ever faced. He's not used to that type of speed.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #22
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungprophecy07
i old JLC who got Ko's by a rather weak body shot.
weak body shot?

you keep taking those pills boy, and get yourself some glasses.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2ray
Excuses already made (this ine being a typical D"Wiki" UK subliminal one) ...just watchthat's why PBF is gonna KTFO Hatton just to silence the haters!

no doubt in my mind that floyd will win, but there's also no way in hell he is knocking hatton clean out.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #24
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Even if PBF has lost a step he's still the fastest fighter Ricky has ever faced. He's not used to that type of speed.
People talk about floyd's defence and footwork and counter punching being the big factors to his win but its going to be the handspeed that gives hatton fits. He has very underrated speed himself and utilitises a combination of foot and hand speed to land punches as opposed to good technique and timing. He had more problems with Collazo's handspeed than anything else and Floyd is going to beat him to the punch 8 out of 10 times so he needs to make those 2 times count big if he has a chacne.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancMexican
People talk about floyd's defence and footwork and counter punching being the big factors to his win but its going to be the handspeed that gives hatton fits. He has very underrated speed himself and utilitises a combination of foot and hand speed to land punches as opposed to good technique and timing. He had more problems with Collazo's handspeed than anything else and Floyd is going to beat him to the punch 8 out of 10 times so he needs to make those 2 times count big if he has a chacne.
to counter your statement about Hatton's hand speed , I present Zab explosive hand speed and punching power.

In that fight you notice floyd didn't need his own hand speed to beat Zab, but relied on his own boxing prowess, Floyd was able to use is vaunted Defense to stand infront of Zab and walk him down and just about out until the low blow.. Handspeed?? I don't think it will be a factor , this fight is going to boil down to who is the smartest fighter on Dec 8th .

Last edited by Pantera2000; 09-19-2006 at 07:59 PM.
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #26
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
That's my gut feeling. I don't remember Floyd EVER just shutting up . I've got a feeling he has really bad intentions for Hatton.
Like the "bad intensions" he had in his fight with ODLH, which was a garbage fight & a complete waste of my time & $$$.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #27
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
On the original thread post, I don't see how what a fighter looks like hitting the heavy bag tells you what he will do in the ring. Anyone can look good hitting a bag that isn't hitting back. Lets see how ricky handles it when his target is moving and coutering him.
He's gonna jump the ****er, grab him & then bang him. It won't be pretty, but what else is he supposed to do with the slippery weasle.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
K_Ologist
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Uh, maybe Mayweather is being quiet because he spent most of his time on Dancing with the Stars promoting the fight (probably why no one wanted him on the show). He's done his PR piece and now he has to get to work. Also, I want Hatton to win, but all these things that he and his camp are saying were said prior to the Collazo fight. Oh, Ricky is faster and more explosive; Oh, Ricky has reached a personal best on the bench press and the leg lift. Dude really should be more worried about sparring and who his partners are but I haven't heard a thing about that.

I'm starting to get grumpy with all this talk and just want the fight to happen already. And one other thing, Floyd may be silent right now, but once 24/7 starts he's going to remind me, and a whole lotta other people why we don't like him.
K_Ologist is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #29
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
He's gonna jump the ****er, grab him & then bang him. It won't be pretty, but what else is he supposed to do with the slippery weasle.
If that is Ricky's game plan this may just be the ugliest fight we will ever see. One guy trying to jab and run and the other trying to jab and grab.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
to counter your statement about Hatton's hand speed , I present Zab explosive hand speed and punching power.

In that fight you notice floyd didn't need his own hand speed to beat Zab, but relied on his own boxing prowess, Floyd was able to use is vaunted Defense to stand infront of Zab and walk him down and just about out until the low blow.. Handspeed?? I don't think it will be a factor , this fight is going to boil down to who is the smartest fighter on Dec 8th .
to counter your statement I would say that Zab's hands are faster than Floyd and Rickys arent. Floyd doesnt have to use pure boxing prowess against Hatton, he can exploit his advantage in hand speed. He couldnt do so againzt Zab. The best way to beat Hatton is for Floyd to be Hatton to the punch, snapping combinations in before Hatton is on him to do his thing.
MancMexican is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum