Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pop pop pop!
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 2296
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

I think Hatton could very well beat Mayweather, who has lost a lot of his vaunted speed by moving up to 147-154...

Hatton will bully him and likely make PBF suffer, if PBF performs only to the level he did against Oscar...he's really going to need to put in more effort than that because Ricky will make him work...
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #17
joe33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Hattons goona shock the world and win,hes gonna give the uk another hero yet again.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #18
JediPimp007
Long suffering reader
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 598
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
That's my gut feeling. I don't remember Floyd EVER just shutting up . I've got a feeling he has really bad intentions for Hatton.
me too. this could actually be the first time in history that a boxer has managed to bore his opponent into a coma and win the fight without throwing a punch.

Seriously though, as much as a love Ricky and his down to earth nature, he's going to get thoroughly outboxed... unless he can somehow get inside, cut that ring off and start landing some bog shots. Unlikely though :(
JediPimp007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #19
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,112
vCash: 138
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
On the original thread post, I don't see how what a fighter looks like hitting the heavy bag tells you what he will do in the ring. Anyone can look good hitting a bag that isn't hitting back. Lets see how ricky handles it when his target is moving and coutering him.
Exactly it doesn't prove a damn thing.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #20
K2ray
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Maybe he can, but with American judges he will surely lose the decision
Excuses already made (this one being a typical D"Wiki" UK subliminal one) ...just watchthat's why PBF is gonna KTFO Hatton just to silence the haters!

Last edited by K2ray; 11-15-2007 at 10:23 AM.
K2ray is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #21
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,112
vCash: 138
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonAxis
I think Hatton could very well beat Mayweather, who has lost a lot of his vaunted speed by moving up to 147-154...

Hatton will bully him and likely make PBF suffer, if PBF performs only to the level he did against Oscar...he's really going to need to put in more effort than that because Ricky will make him work...
Even if PBF has lost a step he's still the fastest fighter Ricky has ever faced. He's not used to that type of speed.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #22
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 224
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungprophecy07
i old JLC who got Ko's by a rather weak body shot.
weak body shot?

you keep taking those pills boy, and get yourself some glasses.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 224
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2ray
Excuses already made (this ine being a typical D"Wiki" UK subliminal one) ...just watchthat's why PBF is gonna KTFO Hatton just to silence the haters!


no doubt in my mind that floyd will win, but there's also no way in hell he is knocking hatton clean out.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #24
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ingerlund
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Even if PBF has lost a step he's still the fastest fighter Ricky has ever faced. He's not used to that type of speed.
People talk about floyd's defence and footwork and counter punching being the big factors to his win but its going to be the handspeed that gives hatton fits. He has very underrated speed himself and utilitises a combination of foot and hand speed to land punches as opposed to good technique and timing. He had more problems with Collazo's handspeed than anything else and Floyd is going to beat him to the punch 8 out of 10 times so he needs to make those 2 times count big if he has a chacne.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancMexican
People talk about floyd's defence and footwork and counter punching being the big factors to his win but its going to be the handspeed that gives hatton fits. He has very underrated speed himself and utilitises a combination of foot and hand speed to land punches as opposed to good technique and timing. He had more problems with Collazo's handspeed than anything else and Floyd is going to beat him to the punch 8 out of 10 times so he needs to make those 2 times count big if he has a chacne.
to counter your statement about Hatton's hand speed , I present Zab explosive hand speed and punching power.

In that fight you notice floyd didn't need his own hand speed to beat Zab, but relied on his own boxing prowess, Floyd was able to use is vaunted Defense to stand infront of Zab and walk him down and just about out until the low blow.. Handspeed?? I don't think it will be a factor , this fight is going to boil down to who is the smartest fighter on Dec 8th .

Last edited by Pantera2000; 09-19-2006 at 07:59 PM.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #26
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
That's my gut feeling. I don't remember Floyd EVER just shutting up . I've got a feeling he has really bad intentions for Hatton.
Like the "bad intensions" he had in his fight with ODLH, which was a garbage fight & a complete waste of my time & $$$.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #27
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
On the original thread post, I don't see how what a fighter looks like hitting the heavy bag tells you what he will do in the ring. Anyone can look good hitting a bag that isn't hitting back. Lets see how ricky handles it when his target is moving and coutering him.
He's gonna jump the ****er, grab him & then bang him. It won't be pretty, but what else is he supposed to do with the slippery weasle.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
K_Ologist
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Uh, maybe Mayweather is being quiet because he spent most of his time on Dancing with the Stars promoting the fight (probably why no one wanted him on the show). He's done his PR piece and now he has to get to work. Also, I want Hatton to win, but all these things that he and his camp are saying were said prior to the Collazo fight. Oh, Ricky is faster and more explosive; Oh, Ricky has reached a personal best on the bench press and the leg lift. Dude really should be more worried about sparring and who his partners are but I haven't heard a thing about that.

I'm starting to get grumpy with all this talk and just want the fight to happen already. And one other thing, Floyd may be silent right now, but once 24/7 starts he's going to remind me, and a whole lotta other people why we don't like him.
K_Ologist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #29
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,868
vCash: 950
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
He's gonna jump the ****er, grab him & then bang him. It won't be pretty, but what else is he supposed to do with the slippery weasle.
If that is Ricky's game plan this may just be the ugliest fight we will ever see. One guy trying to jab and run and the other trying to jab and grab.
thewoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ingerlund
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's gonna ABUSE him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
to counter your statement about Hatton's hand speed , I present Zab explosive hand speed and punching power.

In that fight you notice floyd didn't need his own hand speed to beat Zab, but relied on his own boxing prowess, Floyd was able to use is vaunted Defense to stand infront of Zab and walk him down and just about out until the low blow.. Handspeed?? I don't think it will be a factor , this fight is going to boil down to who is the smartest fighter on Dec 8th .
to counter your statement I would say that Zab's hands are faster than Floyd and Rickys arent. Floyd doesnt have to use pure boxing prowess against Hatton, he can exploit his advantage in hand speed. He couldnt do so againzt Zab. The best way to beat Hatton is for Floyd to be Hatton to the punch, snapping combinations in before Hatton is on him to do his thing.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013