Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #16
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: How will Vitali Klitschko be remembered?

Vitali who?

Drexl is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #17
joe33

vCash:

As a guy who was a brave fighter,and who picked up far to many haters and people who expected him to be able to walk on water,he was very good but maybe lacked the heart to go full out,but the fight against lewis was very good,no matter what facts surrounded it,in years time that will be all forgotten about,and we can then maybe enjoy it for what is was a cracking good HW battle between two big guys with power,something im sure most would die to see nowdays.

Also you gotta laugh at how many non boxers and fat ****ers on here can knock a guy always fit and ready for his fights,but as a fan i guess we have a right to do that,but maybe some should think about the fact they have never even had the guts to get in a ring before slating some of the boxers.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #18
pioterbezkitu
Juan Manuel Marquez
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Vitali who?

That guy from those gay photos with his brother
pioterbezkitu is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #19
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

In all honesty, I think most boxing fans would remember him as the big guy who gave a great account of himself in his biggest fight.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #20
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioterbezkitu
That guy from those gay photos with his brother
Oh, I remember now.....

I believe he won a vacant title and defend it once in two years, then he retired without ever facing a mandatory challenger.

...or am I getting him mixed up with one of the dozens of other paper champs in history with less than 2 defenses...?

Drexl is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #21
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

I will think of Vitali as a guy who had serious power that could dish it out and could take it as well. After the Bryd fight he spent many years trying to make up for it, and IMO he did fighting guys like Lewis and Sanders going punch for punch with them.

I used to really like Vitali because he fought exciting fights were he took hard punches and didnt panic or fall 100 times like his brother, he was a real man in the ring after the Bryd fight. Vitali will be remembered as a good heavyweight for a brief period of time, that was plagued with injuries and unable to fufill his legacy.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #22
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Oh, I remember now.....

I believe he won a vacant title and defend it once in two years, then he retired without ever facing a mandatory challenger.

...or am I getting him mixed up with one of the dozens of other paper champs in history with less than 2 defenses...?

Yeah what you ever done with your boxing thats so good then?,oh i see you dont box then,that explains it,and if you have been in the ring,you should know better then to talk so much shite
Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #23
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

As a very tough , very solid , very capable and willing champ who honestly feared no one yet had a few flaws and sadly was prone to injuries.. The sadder thing is that he never had one night where he shone and could call his greatest night.. His loss to Lennox was a great fight considering that he took it on a weeks notice. Lewis in my honest impartial opinion was slowing him down as the rounds were drawing on and over the long haul Vitali would probably been halted or just out hustled.. Vitali up to the stoppage did a great job but was running towards empty.. A great fighter who was slightly unlucky to have had a horrible run of hard luck.. starting with the loss to Byrd, and ending with the loss to Lewis... But the wins over Hide and Sanders were honestly awesome.. I like the feler.. I hope he comes again..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

He will remembered as the older brother of the Undisputed Champion Wladimir Klitschko.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #25
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
And yet he never went ****ing down,unlike tyson and rahman and most of the people lewis took on.
Also lewis looked gassed by the end,he looked desperate for something like the cut stopping the bout,but i bet most hardcore lewis fans and vitali haters will deny that fact,why cant yo usee it could have gone either ****ing way
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
And yet he never went ****ing down,unlike tyson and rahman and most of the people lewis took on.
Also lewis looked gassed by the end,he looked desperate for something like the cut stopping the bout,but i bet most hardcore lewis fans and vitali haters will deny that fact,why cant yo usee it could have gone either ****ing way
Yes , his bravery is undeniable... I liked him for that , he wasn't a bullshitter, i remember the day before he was due to fight Herbie Hide in London , Hide had a punk atack and threw a table over and tackled Vitali who was twice his size.. C'mon you ****ing .. who are you , you're a no one .. Herbie was stood fists up and ready to brawl and classy as ever Vitali smiled and said in broken clear english.. Wait why doing this Herbee .. Wait until we do it fo really in the ring tomorrow, you can do all this to me tomorrow if you wishes..

He dominated Hide and took his title in about 4 minutes flat..
Without throwing tables over.. LOL
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #27
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

I hate the Klitschko brothers now, but Vitali was a guy I really respected as a fighter. He got into brawls and made the heavyweight division exiting again, now half the heavyweight championship fights almost put me to sleep.

Name one heavyweight fighter now thats more exciting to watch than Vitali? Trust me there isnt any.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #28
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard
You really think he dominated the divison between 2003-2005??

He had 4 fights in that time! One of which he lost against Lewis, two against bums like Kirk Johnson and Danny William and one against Corrie Sander.
Even if you don't like it, the fact is that Johnson was #5 contender, Sanders was #3 and Williams was #9. It's obviously not like the great reign of Lewis or Tyson, that's for sure.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #29
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

As a fighter who gave Lewis a hell of a fight, wanted a rematch BADLY but didn't get it and a former WBC Heavyweight Champion. Didn't accomplish anything to brag about but whoever knows him will know that he had pretty good skills, especially defensive skills for a big fighter, not to forget very good power and chin.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #30
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Retired Lennox "lion" Lewis..but not accomplish much more
Sakura is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum