Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #31
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: How will Vitali Klitschko be remembered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
Yeah what you ever done with your boxing thats so good then?,oh i see you dont box then,that explains it,and if you have been in the ring,you should know better then to talk so much shite
I never claimed to be the heavyweight champion of the world and I don't have a legion of fanboys licking my balls at every opportunity like Vitali does, so the comparison is irrelevant.

You don't have to have boxed professionally to have an opinion. Otherwise, what are 99.99% of the rest of the forum doing here talking shite?

What have YOU done that allows YOU to talk shite?
Drexl is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #32
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
I will think of Vitali as a guy who had serious power that could dish it out and could take it as well. After the Bryd fight he spent many years trying to make up for it, and IMO he did fighting guys like Lewis and Sanders going punch for punch with them.

I used to really like Vitali because he fought exciting fights were he took hard punches and didnt panic or fall 100 times like his brother, he was a real man in the ring after the Bryd fight. Vitali will be remembered as a good heavyweight for a brief period of time, that was plagued with injuries and unable to fufill his legacy.

Fully agree. Good to see something else we agree on.

But that is only up to now. Let's let the man continue and see what the next chapter of his career holds.

After having the physical injuries, and misfortunes that he had suffered, and to have them start just after he had won his title is a shame, cause he had everything he needed to dominate for quite some time. You can't help but feel bad for the guy, cause he was tough, talented, strong, and disciplined enough to take his reign much further than he got the chance to.............Always in impeccable fighting shape, and always fully prepared.

.........but as I said, the final chapter is not yet written. Vitali is coming back to pick up where he left off. I think before he retires, he'll provide several more fantastic fights.

Go, Vitali.

-Always extremely dedicated to preparing for each fight, and the result was that he was always in impeccable fighting shape, and always fully prepared. The quentissential professional fighter.

-Highest KO percentage in history, if I recall correctly. If not THE highest, close to the highest.

-Never been knocked down in a boxing ring.

-never been behind on the cards.

Pretty impressive, I would say.

But he's still got time to take his career even further, now that there are some good competitive fighters out there for him to beat the hell out of.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #33
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura
Retired Lennox "lion" Lewis..but not accomplish much more
So I guess in your opinion, if he never fights again then Danny Williams retired Vitali, right?
Drexl is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #34
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
So I guess in your opinion, if he never fights again then Danny Williams retired Vitali, right?
I think what he really means is that Vitali gave Lewis enough proof that he's too old for this and better off retiring while on top after giving him a hell of a fight which he(Vitali) lost.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #35
IrishDawg
ESB Legend

As Wladimirs "not as good-looking" older brother.
IrishDawg is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #36
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No..Lewis was not ready to retire: " i showed to you an article a long time ago, and i was banned "

I think he realise that he was too old and maybe lost his legacy if he take rematch and continue his career. Right decision
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #37
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by H .
Let's say the injuries continue, and Vitali never makes it back to the ring in 2008, and retires for good. How will Dr. Ironfist be remembered?

Will he be remembered as a boxer having 34 KOs in 35 victories?

A man scared into retirement by Hasim Rahman?

A man who scared Lewis in retirement?

An inury-plagued individual with a boatload of talent?

Just someone majorly overhyped by HBO and The Ring Magazine?

Possibly one of the most dangerous heavyweights in his era?

One of the crappiest heavyweight champions in history?

....what's your take?
An inury-plagued individual with a boatload of talent but who never really accomplished much.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
I never claimed to be the heavyweight champion of the world and I don't have a legion of fanboys licking my balls at every opportunity like Vitali does, so the comparison is irrelevant.

You don't have to have boxed professionally to have an opinion. Otherwise, what are 99.99% of the rest of the forum doing here talking shite?

What have YOU done that allows YOU to talk shite?

I have boxed though mate and know just how ****ing hard it can be,while you try and be funny with "who is he then" which is ****ing pathetic,shows you know **** all about boxing then if you run the guy down so much and no im not a fanboy,im from the uk and thus aint a fan of his,but guys like you just make me sick,he gave it all the state of his ****ing face in the lewis fight shows that,grow the **** up

Also most people who aint ever boxed should maybe not come across as so damn clever,i was not much kop,but it sure gave me huge respect for each and every boxer who does fight,so easy to knock when you aint experienced it yourself.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #39
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand

Fully agree. Good to see something else we agree on.

But that is only up to now. Let's let the man continue and see what the next chapter of his career holds.

After having the physical injuries, and misfortunes that he had suffered, and to have them start just after he had won his title is a shame, cause he had everything he needed to dominate for quite some time. You can't help but feel bad for the guy, cause he was tough, talented, strong, and disciplined enough to take his reign much further than he got the chance to.............Always in impeccable fighting shape, and always fully prepared.

.........but as I said, the final chapter is not yet written. Vitali is coming back to pick up where he left off. I think before he retires, he'll provide several more fantastic fights.

Go, Vitali.

-Always extremely dedicated to preparing for each fight, and the result was that he was always in impeccable fighting shape, and always fully prepared. The quentissential professional fighter.

-Highest KO percentage in history, if I recall correctly. If not THE highest, close to the highest.

-Never been knocked down in a boxing ring.

-never been behind on the cards.

Pretty impressive, I would say.

But he's still got time to take his career even further, now that there are some good competitive fighters out there for him to beat the hell out of.
Im not quite as optimistic as you, but I would rather see Vitali do good and Wlad do bad. I just cant see Vitali coming back better than ever after 3 plus years of inactivity, that almost never happens. I just want to see him in the ring so we could see where he's at now, and then will have a better idea of where he's going in the heavyweight division.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #40
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura
No..Lewis was not ready to retire: " i showed to you an article a long time ago, and i was banned "

I think he realise that he was too old and maybe lost his legacy if he take rematch and continue his career. Right decision
An article?

That proves everything then!

So Lewis retires in his late 30's as Undisputed champ, with nothing left to prove, after beating the supposed "best fighter of the next era" in 6 rounds.
And you say the guy he beat retired him.

Vitali "retired" in his early 30's as one of many belt-holders, having never unified or even fought a mandatory challenger, after beating a fringe top-20 fighter in 8 rounds.
But you say the guy he beat didn't retire him.

Hmmmm......
Drexl is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #41
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
I have boxed though mate and know just how ****ing hard it can be,while you try and be funny with "who is he then" which is ****ing pathetic,shows you know **** all about boxing then if you run the guy down so much and no im not a fanboy,im from the uk and thus aint a fan of his,but guys like you jsut make me sick,he gave it all the state of his ****ing face in the lewis fight shows that,grow the **** up
I have boxed too "mate", and have also trained amateurs for several years.

But I say again, that means nothing in here. This is a forum for opinions and you can't make me stop expressing mine, tough guy.

Grow the **** up.

Vitali is decent, but waaaay over hyped. That's my opinion. Put you man-pants on and DEAL WITH IT.
Drexl is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #42
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
An article?

That proves everything then!

So Lewis retires in his late 30's as Undisputed champ, with nothing left to prove, after beating the supposed "best fighter of the next era" in 6 rounds.
And you say the guy he beat retired him.

Vitali "retired" in his early 30's as one of many belt-holders, having never unified or even fought a mandatory challenger, after beating a fringe top-20 fighter in 8 rounds.
But you say the guy he beat didn't retire him.

Hmmmm......
****ing hell the lewis fight was brutal,how come people cant admit either man could have won,come on now it aint hard.Or is there a pretty obvious reason you dont like vitali,and cant admit hes been one of the best fighters of late???
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #43
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
He will be remembered as a guy who could have done more than he actually did.

You expect a lot from a man who had no more talent than his opponents. Vitali Klitschko had the motivation to get in shape for his fights and the good fortune to get the right fights at the right time. He did as much as he could with what he had and that is why he was successful. Corrie Sanders or Kirk Johnson could easily have beat him if they had his level of professionalism.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #44
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
I have boxed too "mate", and have also trained amateurs for several years.

But I say again, that means nothing in here. This is a forum for opinions and you can't make me stop expressing mine, tough guy.

Grow the **** up.

Vitali is decent, but waaaay over hyped. That's my opinion. Put you man pants on and DEAL WITH IT.

Why do you keep repeating what i say to you,are you a kid or something.You also said you never boxed before,and now you have yeah right whatever.And now your a trainer to hehe,im sure you are.

And why did you put "" around the word mate when i said it,ok i call you wankercunt in future that any better then wankercunt

Sorry what does the last line mean?what does "put you man pants on" mean then?,is it some kind of code
Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #45
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher33
I just cant see Vitali coming back better than ever after 3 plus years of inactivity, that almost never happens. I just want to see him in the ring so we could see where he's at now, and then will have a better idea of where he's going in the heavyweight division.
What he has left is yet to be seen.

But he don't have to be better than ever to stil dominate the division.

80% of what was was would still be enough to TKO, if not KO, Maskaev, Peter, Povetkin, Virchis, Ibrag, Chagaev, etc.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum