Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #61
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How will Vitali Klitschko be remembered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaHoss
Really? And who have YOU beaten?
Are people not allowed to judge boxer's now unless they are world champions
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #62
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You mean came up short by being ahead on every scorecard?
He was getting a beating the further the fight went on by and old and out of shape lennox lewis
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #63
OklahomaHoss
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
As a guy who was a brave fighter,and who picked up far to many haters and people who expected him to be able to walk on water,he was very good but maybe lacked the heart to go full out,but the fight against lewis was very good,no matter what facts surrounded it,in years time that will be all forgotten about,and we can then maybe enjoy it for what is was a cracking good HW battle between two big guys with power,something im sure most would die to see nowdays.

Also you gotta laugh at how many non boxers and fat ****ers on here can knock a guy always fit and ready for his fights,but as a fan i guess we have a right to do that,but maybe some should think about the fact they have never even had the guts to get in a ring before slating some of the boxers.

Well said, Joe.
OklahomaHoss is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #64
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

Try again, this time in English.

You dont understand english then?,are all americans as thick as you?Could it be the main reason a lot of guys on here from america dont like him,was because hes both white and the fact a lot of american heavys these days are piss poor lol,but hey dont worry about it,im sure you'll all get over it in time,your turn to take the abuse,just like us europeons have had to do when america dominated in the apst.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #65
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
You mean came up short by being ahead on every scorecard?
Nope, came up short by LOSING the only two times he ever faced elite fighters. Even though one of them was Chris Byrd and the other was an old, fat Lewis.
Drexl is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #66
OklahomaHoss
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
Yes , his bravery is undeniable... I liked him for that , he wasn't a bullshitter, i remember the day before he was due to fight Herbie Hide in London , Hide had a punk atack and threw a table over and tackled Vitali who was twice his size.. C'mon you ****ing .. who are you , you're a no one .. Herbie was stood fists up and ready to brawl and classy as ever Vitali smiled and said in broken clear english.. Wait why doing this Herbee .. Wait until we do it fo really in the ring tomorrow, you can do all this to me tomorrow if you wishes..

He dominated Hide and took his title in about 4 minutes flat..
Without throwing tables over.. LOL

I'd kill to see a vid of that press conference.
OklahomaHoss is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #67
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

Quote:
You dont understand english then?,are all americans as thick as you?Could it be the main reason a lot of guys on here from america dont like him,was because hes both white and the fact a lot of american heavys these days are piss poor lol,but hey dont worry about it,im sure you'll all get over it in time,your turn to take the abuse,just like us europeons have had to do when america dominated in the apst.
3/10. Must try harder.

I understand English perfectly. It's just that you don't seem to know how to use it.

I wouldn't normally bother pointing out someone's spelling or grammatical errors, but seeing as you were trying to say I was dumb & a kid, you should at least have a grasp of your native language above the level of a 7 year old.

Oh, and I'm English not American.

This is tooooo easy.
Drexl is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #68
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
3/10. Must try harder.

I understand English perfectly. It's just that you don't seem to know how to use it.

I wouldn't normally bother pointing out someone's spelling or grammatical errors, but seeing as you were trying to say I was dumb & a kid, you should at least have a grasp of your native language above the level of a 7 year old.

Oh, and I'm English not American.

This is tooooo easy.
And yet your sill a cunt ,"Oh look at me im being so clever on a boxing forum",that must make you proud of your self,still dont matter,your a complete ****ing nothing,and vitali is a ****ing legend who will be remembered long after you and me are dead,good bye arse wipe

And seriously you train boxers,but think vitali is shit?,man id hate to see who you have trained,which recent heavys do you think have been good then?,come on "mate" tell us who bar the guys own ****ing brother and lewis is better then him overall?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #69
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by H .
Let's say the injuries continue, and Vitali never makes it back to the ring in 2008, and retires for good. How will Dr. Ironfist be remembered?

Will he be remembered as a boxer having 34 KOs in 35 victories?

A man scared into retirement by Hasim Rahman?

A man who scared Lewis in retirement?

An inury-plagued individual with a boatload of talent?

Just someone majorly overhyped by HBO and The Ring Magazine?

Possibly one of the most dangerous heavyweights in his era?

One of the crappiest heavyweight champions in history?

....what's your take?
There are certain circles in the boxing organization that will never accept Vitlai Klitschko. It matters not. Vitali was the #1 guy for a period of time by all third party opinions that mattered. This includes organizations like Ring Magazine, Fight News, Box Rec, and ESPN. What Joe Hater says means nothing. Here is how Vitlai will be remembered.

1. Vitlai has the highest KO% in the history of boxing at all weight classes.

2. Vitali has the best ratio of rounds won vs round lost among heavyweight champions and was never down on the score cards after round 3 in any of his fights.

3. Vitlai was never floored by a punch.

4. TBA. If Vitlai can take a few years off, and come back to win a belt at age 36, he will join a special club of fighters who have done this. To take many years off and return to the ring at age 36+ to win a title belt is very rare.

Critics might say Vitlai lost to Lewis and Byrd, due to an injury or cut. Ok--but let's keep it real, neither Lewis or Byrd wanted any part of a re-match.

To answer you question, I think Vitlai's legacy will look much better say 20 years from now when people objectively look back at his career.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #70
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

I love it when people get sensitive and catch feelings because someone is making fun of a boxer on a message board.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #71
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wouldn't really say vitali was a legend, yes he was a classy guy but he lost in his biggest fight and wasn't and will never be a true all time great. He also has the bad luck of having a less tough but more talented younger brother who with overshadow him.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #72
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
I love it when people get sensitive and catch feelings because someone is making fun of a boxer on a message board.
But aint that the point of message boards though?,to get pissed off and rant about shit
Old 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #73
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

I dont like Vitali, but even a hater like myself has to give him alot of credit for what he did in the ring for that brief period of time. I know only a few fighters that possesed the combination of a granite chin and a very heavy punch that Vitali had, fighters like Vitali are missing in the heavyweight division now adays.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #74
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
Wait til they start with the Yo Momma jokes.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #75
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

Quote:
And yet your sill a cunt ,"Oh look at me im being so clever on a boxing forum",that must make you proud of your self,
As I ALREADY SAID (damn you're thick! ), I normally wouldn't even mention it, but YOU started talking about me being a dumb kid. Then as soon as I school you, it doesn't matter any more?

Whatever.

Quote:
still dont matter,your a complete ****ing nothing,and vitali is a ****ing legend who will be remembered long after you and me are dead,good bye arse wipe

Yes, I'm a nothing in the world of professional boxing. So are you. So what? Vitali is a decent former belt-holder who in all seriousness will be remembered by boxing fans or a while, but he's certainly not in the "legend" category.

I'll be remembered by those who matter to me long after I'm dead, whereas Vitali isn't known to most of them even now. See, it's all relative.

Quote:
And seriously you train boxers,but think vitali is shit?,man id hate to see who you have trained,which recent heavys do you think have been good then?,come on "mate" tell us who bar the guys own ****ing brother and lewis is better then him overall?
Show me where I said he was shit. Go on "mate", SHOW ME.
Drexl is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum