Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who won round 6 of Pacquiao-Marquez 2?
Pacquiao won round 6. 8 19.05%
Marquez won round 6. 30 71.43%
Too close to call/Even/Could go either way. 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
RedHots
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: The 2 judges that had Pac winning against JMM (2) gave him the 6th. Would you ha

Each judge sits at different parts of the ring, don't they? They have to deal with obstuction, particularly at times only being able to see the back of one fighter blocking out everything else completely.

Anyways, based on the TV audience POV (that gets multiple viewpoints throughout the fight), I gave Round 6 to Marquez.
RedHots is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121
Default Re: The 2 judges that had Pac winning against JMM (2) gave him the 6th. Would you ha

1. I don't buy the judges ringside advantage or positioning in the ring crap. Assuming they were consistently fair in the sport, maybe, but considering how blatantly wrong they could be, I don't think it's a valid way to excuse differences in opinion in terms of scoring.

2. I don't get how a busier fighter gets points for just throwing. Regardless of who won the fight, I think that was a clear Marquez round and I don't see how anyone can say Pacquiao landed similar punches. Just the uppercut-cross combo in the middle was the best assault that round by far and Pacquiao did not use a lot of volume to his advantage.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #18
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

All rounds were close even the second.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

The 6th was probably the most one-sided round of the fight.

Marquez won it easily, he was toying with Pacquiao half the time.

Not sure why the 7th went to Marquez though, he was outworked and outlanded.

Some judges
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #20
bollocks
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1338

Like the fight itself, the 6th round could have gone to either fighter. Compubox stats also showed that it was a close round indeed:

Total punches

Pac - 16 landed out of 54
JMM - 15 landed out of 40

Power Punches

Pac - 13 landed out of 28
JMM - 14 landed out of 30
bollocks is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #21
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
Like the fight itself, the 6th round could have gone to either fighter. Compubox stats also showed that it was a close round indeed:

Total punches

Pac - 16 landed out of 54
JMM - 15 landed out of 40

Power Punches

Pac - 13 landed out of 28
JMM - 14 landed out of 30

Interesting point, but I saw Pacquiao get knocked off balance and face contort a few times from Marquez's crisp punches which I thought were clearly more effective. The crowd ooh'd and aah'd at a fail flurry from Pac which ended in a weak jab for example, but I don't see anything more meaningful coming from him than that mid-round combo Marquez threw. I just did not see him do the same amount of damage or control the pace.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #22
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Bump. Let's get some more votes in here. I want to see what the general forum public thinks about this one round.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #23
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

1. 10-9 Pacquiao it was an even round but i though pac pressed the action more.

2. 10-9 Marquez another even round where i felt pacquiao again was pressing the action but marquez stole the round in the last 10 seconds.

3. 10-8 Pacquiao another even round i thought marquez was winning until the end where pac stole it with the knockdown and flurry afterwards.

4. 10-9 pac round marquez was more defensive i think he was trying to recuperate from the knockdown

5. 10-9 Marquez he was a little busier than pacquiao close round.

6. 10-9 Marquez another close round where both fighters landed good shots. Honestly it wasnt as clearly for marquez as you made it seems.

7. 10-9 Marquez i thought this was the best round of the fight so far a lot of action

8. 10-9 Marquez this was the first clear round for marquez, pac didnt do much here

9. 10-9 Pacquiao he controlled the distance and out boxed marquez in this round

10. 10-9 Pacquiao clearly

11. 10-9 marquez both fighters had their moment throughout the round but i thought marquez was the busier of the two

12. 10-9 pac this was another even round that couldve gone either way i gave to pacquiao because he was the one controlling the ring.

There you have it first time i watch this fight 114-113 for pacquiao. It wasnt that action packed like i thought. It was more like a tactical fight with some flurries here and there.

I couldve gave the last round to marquez and that wouldve made it a draw. But honestly pacquiao deserved the win. He hurt marquez a couple of times and marquez never hurt pac to the point of going down.

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2011, 03:25 AM   #24
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
The 6th was probably the most one-sided round of the fight.

Marquez won it easily, he was toying with Pacquiao half the time.

Not sure why the 7th went to Marquez though, he was outworked and outlanded.

Some judges
are you sure you're watching the second fight.. the sixth round wasnt that one sided i thought marquez best round was the eight.

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #25
EJDiaZ
Belt holder
ESB Addict

pac was outboxed.. 6th belongs to Jmm
EJDiaZ is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 AM   #26
kalunya5964
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Forget about the other rounds, forget about the knockdowns, forget about who you think won.

There are many close rounds between these two fighters in their two epic battles, but there are numerous rounds which are clear for each fighter. While some of us may disagree with a few other rounds on the cards shown above (and inevitably the outcome), focus on the sixth. It intrigues me, having watched Pacquiao VS Marquez 2 many times, that two of the judges-the two that had Pacquiao winning in the final Split Decision- gave Pacquiao the sixth round, which is a round I thought Marquez clearly won on harder cleaner and more numerous punches.

My question to you is, irrelevant of all other aspects of the fight, would you side with these two judges in giving Pacquiao the sixth, or do you think that it is clearly a Marquez round? (Or close enough for either?)

This link should start the fight right at round 6.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I had round 6 clearly for JMM but saw the fight 113-112 for Pac.
kalunya5964 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 AM   #27
kalunya5964
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorricane View Post
are you sure you're watching the second fight.. the sixth round wasnt that one sided i thought marquez best round was the eight.

I agree. Round 6 was clearly for JMM but not that one sided and round 8 was his best. Round 7 was clearly for Pac! Pac won 113-112 mainly due to the kd in round 3 which ironically, JMM was winning before the decisive kd.
kalunya5964 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 03:20 AM   #28
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

I personally think Marquez won round 7 on the punches landed pre-butt when he was controlling the pace, and landed clean counters also avoiding flurries to answer the hard 1-2's landed mid-round, and finished well as well. Real close one though.

But whatever, round 6 is the one I was curious one since I disagreed so heavily with the judges in this one round.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #29
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

Bump for all the Pactards who claimed that this round was close or in Manny's favor. Freddie Roach himself just admitted on 24/7 that they lost this round. Those two judges were in no way right.

That is all.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #30
tonys333
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 189

i gave that round to jmm but i thought pac won a razor thin fight that could have went either way.
tonys333 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum