Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
tony628

vCash: 1000
Default why are mayweather fans trying to convince hatton fans that he will lose?

I see this on almost every boxing forum, anyone know why
tony628 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Marc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: why are mayweather fans trying to convince hatton fans that he will lose?

It's not convincing, it's spreading the gospel
Marc is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: why are mayweather fans trying to convince hatton fans that he will lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetankemin
It's not convincing, it's spreading the gospel
yeah, mayweather fans and just about any legitimate analyst
rr94 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr94

Oh shit if all the analysts are backing mayweather he is ****ed,that is the sure sign it could ****ing go wrong,im really seeing to many people including the man himself,seeminly thinking this is goona be a walk in the park,i can see that being a huge error myself,and im not even a hardcore hatton fan,i do like him though he seems a cool dude.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Because they're his fans and they expect their fighter to win?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

everybody backs their favourite its expected,ive got faith in hatton i think he can&will win.
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #7
tony628

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I wouldn't feel too confident in these boxing writers if I were you
tony628 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony628
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I wouldn't feel too confident in these boxing writers if I were you
Floyd Mayweather is no Jeff Lacy. And Ricky Hatton is no Calzaghe. But stylistically, you could reverse them. Thats the style matchup. It'll look like Calzaghe (Floyd) vs. Lacy (Hatton). Thanks for the analogy.

and i'll take Bert Sugar's take over yours anyday newbie...Bert picked Calzaghe in that fight too by the way....
rr94 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #9
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

The way PBF's fans are talking, anything less than a blowout will be a disappointment. So they better be ready for the bashing that Mayweather will recieve if he gives another boring performance.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior85
everybody backs their favourite its expected,ive got faith in hatton i think he can&will win.
then you don't know who Mayweather is.
rr94 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #11
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_what
The way PBF's fans are talking, anything less than a blowout will be a disappointment. So they better be ready for the bashing that Mayweather will recieve if he gives another boring performance.
More than likely, Mayweather will be criticized no matter what. Even if he blows him out, people will say Hatton was overrated. You can't tailor your posts to satisfy the haters, they will always find a reason to belittle the accomplishments of a fighter they don't like.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #12
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Why who then is he?,is he ****ing superman,man give some dues to hatton its gonna be a lot harder then any one here says,it normaly is,most people get it wrong in here,some of the shit before the pavlik fight was funny,according to some pavlik was gonna get ****ed up(and ok he nearly did) but he took it and won easily.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #13
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
More than likely, Mayweather will be criticized no matter what. Even if he blows him out, people will say Hatton was overrated. You can't tailor your posts to satisfy the haters, they will always find a reason to belittle the accomplishments of a fighter they don't like.
Exactly - on ESB, there are always posters who give guys crap even after virtuoso performances. If Floyd wins, I'll give him all the credit in the world.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

Quote:

i do ive watched him for years&regardless of what mayweather thinks hes not fighting a baldomir or old gatti.
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #15
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
Why who then is he?,is he ****ing superman,man give some dues to hatton its gonna be a lot harder then any one here says,it normaly is,most people get it wrong in here,some of the shit before the pavlik fight was funny,according to some pavlik was gonna get ****ed up(and ok he nearly did) but he took it and won easily.
he's the best boxer in the world pound for pound. Every fighter that says "Mayweather wont take my power" gets shut out or stopped. Im not a Floyd fan but the matchup looks like the following by styles:

Roy Jones vs. John Ruiz
Mayweather vs. Baldomir
Calzaghe vs. Lacy
Floyd vs. Oscar

The only way you logically can pick Hatton to win is if you're a devoted fan who wants to believe he can do it. But style wise it's a terrible fight for Hatton. He doesn't have the skill or experience. I was ringside at Hatton's only fight at welterweight. They're not in the same league, sorry.
rr94 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum