Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #16
joe33

vCash:
Default Re: why are mayweather fans trying to convince hatton fans that he will lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr94
he's the best boxer in the world pound for pound. Every fighter that says "Mayweather wont take my power" gets shut out or stopped. Im not a Floyd fan but the matchup looks like the following by styles:

Roy Jones vs. John Ruiz
Mayweather vs. Baldomir
Calzaghe vs. Lacy
Floyd vs. Oscar

The only way you logically can pick Hatton to win is if you're a devoted fan who wants to believe he can do it. But style wise it's a terrible fight for Hatton. He doesn't have the skill or experience. I was ringside at Hatton's only fight at welterweight. They're not in the same league, sorry.
Ok thats fine,but anyhing can happen on the night,and i cant wait to see,look i picked kessler for the last big fight,so i aint one of these know it alls,good luck to both men and im just hoping hatton can give it his all thats all most fair british boxing fans are asking
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #17
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: why are mayweather fans trying to convince hatton fans that he will lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior85
i do ive watched him for years&regardless of what mayweather thinks hes not fighting a baldomir or old gatti.
yeah he's fighting someone who struggled at 147...just lost 10 pounds a week for the last month, and is convinced his power and pressure will win the fight. Sorry, heard that the last 4 Mayweather fights, and Hatton isn't as good as DLH. He's shorter, so Mayweather can box from the outside. Not saying Hatton can't win, but it's illogical to pick him. Put your money on Hatton and talk to me after Dec. 8th.
rr94 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
tony628

Quote:
he's the best boxer in the world pound for pound. Every fighter that says "Mayweather wont take my power" gets shut out or stopped. Im not a Floyd fan but the matchup looks like the following by styles:

Roy Jones vs. John Ruiz
Mayweather vs. Baldomir
Calzaghe vs. Lacy
Floyd vs. Oscar

The only way you logically can pick Hatton to win is if you're a devoted fan who wants to believe he can do it. But style wise it's a terrible fight for Hatton. He doesn't have the skill or experience. I was ringside at Hatton's only fight at welterweight. They're not in the same league, sorry.
I honestly think style wise this is a bad matchup for floyd as he lost to the only two fighters who bought pressure - castillo and delahoya

and imo no-one brings the pressure like ricky
tony628 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #19
Ziggy Montana
The Butcher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Because they're his fans and they expect their fighter to win?
Duh!
Ziggy Montana is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #20
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:

yeah, mayweather fans and just about any legitimate analyst
yeah, cos legitimate analysts know everything, right?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Dr Z; 09-20-2006 at 04:02 PM.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #21
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony628
I honestly think style wise this is a bad matchup for floyd as he lost to the only two fighters who bought pressure - castillo and delahoya

Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #22
Illstate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I see this on almost every boxing forum, anyone know why
I am a Mayweather fan who would like to convince Hatton fans to make a trip to their sports book.
What I'm tired of is hearing on all of the boards how Floyd MAyweather is a runner who's gonna get his head knocked off by so and so. Yes when I go to make my bet I have to take terrible odds on Mayweather.
Please if you are a Hatton fan. Don't let anyone convince you he's gonna lose. I think you should by all means go out and bet.
The odds are great. What do you have to lose?
Bet your money, and lets bring these odds down this time.
Illstate is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Mayweather fans do seem a little more evangelical than most fans.....no grey areas at all. 'This will happen', 'that will happen', like the fight is going to progress exactly like they say and theres no room for discussion.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #24
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illstate
I am a Mayweather fan who would like to convince Hatton fans to make a trip to their sports book.
What I'm tired of is hearing on all of the boards how Floyd MAyweather is a runner who's gonna get his head knocked off by so and so. Yes when I go to make my bet I have to take terrible odds on Mayweather.
Please if you are a Hatton fan. Don't let anyone convince you he's gonna lose. I think you should by all means go out and bet.
The odds are great. What do you have to lose?
Bet your money, and lets bring these odds down this time.

I hope his fans put their money where their mouth is but don't count on it. I want them to so i can get better odds.

Last edited by Dr Z; 09-20-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

Um MW never lost ..He was pressured but did not lose ..Though I do agree Ricky's pressure is enough to give him fits like a Castillo or a Delahoya ,I think the results will be the same ..Low punch out put from Floyd with acurate shots on his way to a wack ass decision !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #26
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
why are mayweather fans trying to convince hatton fans that he will lose?

Don't you think that's just normal?

psychopath is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #27
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

There is a case for both men , they both have a shot. I like Hatton for his low key hard cool approach , no bombastic bragging.. He can win...

Floyd is regarded as P4P for a reason. He is proven over a long time as a great fighter up to this kind of event. But this is the one that could define his legacy in the highest order.

Floyd can't take risks..

Hatton most probably will take risks ..

Thats the difference. IMO .. Hatton is not cutting any corners..

But Floyd does reckon Hatton is not nearly the best fighter he has faced..

Floyd may just get a rude awakening.......
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago
From the reads I've read, most of the fans are Hatton fans who are trying to convince that Hatton will beat Mayweather.
A wise observation !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #29
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago
From the reads I've read, most of the fans are Hatton fans who are trying to convince that Hatton will beat Mayweather.
They're not trying to convince Mayweather fans through, I'm just trying to convince myself!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #30
drunkenspaniard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think they're both great fighters, and although I will be pulling for PBF, if Hatton wins I will give him his due. I don't think it will be an easy fight for Floyd by any means, but I do think that he has the tools to deal with Hatton. The only problem that I do have is that when Hatton beat Tszyu and Castillo it didn't matter they were starting to show sings of age (Kostya not so much, but Castillo definitely), yet whenever Floyd beats anyone, they are considered nobodies.
drunkenspaniard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum