Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #31
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,841
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I remember when people used to dislike fighters ducking challenges and only looking for a major payday. Guess not anymore.
yep, Berto ducks challenges like they're shotgun rounds. He wants Pac for the payday, not because he thinks he's gonna win.

Must be nice right? Fight some tomato cans, get saved in a couple fights against B listers then make millions fighting the best fighter on the planet. He'll be smiling and counting his money all the way to the hospital while the guys who EARNED that shot like JMM and Timothy Bradley are sitting at home on the couch.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #32
Brian
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 75
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
Maybe Berto should fight someone of note and we can have a better idea, Manny cruises this fight IMO from what I've seen.
Not for lack of trying. Berto has tried to get both Pacquiao and Cotto in the ring. I somewhat understand Pacquiao not accepting the fight, but not Cotto other than the fact he struggles with speed.

Pac beats Berto anyway though. Berto would tire and Pac would overwhelm him once he did.
Brian is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #33
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney, OZ.
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Line em up Mosley, Floyd and berto.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #34
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
yep, Berto ducks challenges like they're shotgun rounds. He wants Pac for the payday, not because he thinks he's gonna win.

Must be nice right? Fight some tomato cans, get saved in a couple fights against B listers then make millions fighting the best fighter on the planet. He'll be smiling and counting his money all the way to the hospital while the guys who EARNED that shot like JMM and Timothy Bradley are sitting at home on the couch.

Yeah, it sucks. But I guess it's going to work for Berto, since he faces a frigging JrWW his next fight in Ortiz.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #35
punisher
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
yep, Berto ducks challenges like they're shotgun rounds. He wants Pac for the payday, not because he thinks he's gonna win.

Must be nice right? Fight some tomato cans, get saved in a couple fights against B listers then make millions fighting the best fighter on the planet. He'll be smiling and counting his money all the way to the hospital while the guys who EARNED that shot like JMM and Timothy Bradley are sitting at home on the couch.
Excluding Floyd, who's left at 147, that's a more attractive option, than Berto. Manny has reportedly expressed interest in Berto's title. So...let's make it happen.

Bradley and JMM deserve it more, but, each will have to fight above their optimal weight to get the opportunity.
punisher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #36
CasualFan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reko View Post
I would much rather see this fight than mosley-pacqauio.Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio.Berto has the speed to land great shots consistently,unlike margaritio and cotto.Manny has yet to face a welterweight with great hand speed and power.
keep dreaming.. who knows? it might happen..
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #37
Duck Dodgers
Kimbo #1 P4P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 1535
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Not for lack of trying. Berto has tried to get both Pacquiao and Cotto in the ring. I somewhat understand Pacquiao not accepting the fight, but not Cotto other than the fact he struggles with speed.

Pac beats Berto anyway though. Berto would tire and Pac would overwhelm him once he did.
Cotto struggles with speed? He beat Judah and Mosley pretty soundly.
Duck Dodgers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #38
Brian
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 75
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
Cotto struggles with speed? He beat Judah and Mosley pretty soundly.
Mosley was Cotto's best win no doubt, but he resorted to low blows against Judah to slow him down. The combo of being a southpaw with speed troubled Cotto.
Brian is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #39
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Mosley was Cotto's best win, but he resorted to low blows against Judah to slow him down. The combo of southpaw and speed troubled him. The low blows slowed Judah down a bit.
He beats Judah even without the accidental low blows. Too strong and determined for the mentally weak Judah.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #40
omiyourhomie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

i literally thought this was a joke.................
omiyourhomie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #41
Brian
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 75
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
He beats Judah even without the accidental low blows. Too strong and determined for the mentally weak Judah.
I think Cotto wins that fight too, but do you don't agree that the low blows were intentional? Judah's left was busting him up until that point(s) in the fight.
Brian is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #42
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,757
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

I don't think the kid beats Mosley.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #43
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think Cotto wins that fight too, but do you don't agree that the low blows were intentional? Judah's left was busting him up until that point(s) in the fight.
First of all, Judah wasn't exactly beating Cotto up at any point. Sure he had some moments. Most boxers do at some point in a fight. But Cotto's a body puncher. It happens. If it was something he does on purpose, he sure didn't use them to slow Shane down late in the fight. Didn't use them against Margarito. Not against Clottey. And especially not vs. Pac, all of whom had much more success vs. Cotto then Judah did. And yet, no low blow to bail himself out.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #44
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,841
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
Excluding Floyd, who's left at 147, that's a more attractive option, than Berto. Manny has reportedly expressed interest in Berto's title. So...let's make it happen.

Bradley and JMM deserve it more, but, each will have to fight above their optimal weight to get the opportunity.
Pac doesn't need 147 and imho he's more than proven his point there. If it's not PBF, then he can look at 140 to fight Bradley or JMM. Pac has to eat enough protein for three men every day just to get his body anywhere near WW and he usually doesn't get all the way up to 147 anyway. I wouldn't be shocked if he could make 135 tbh.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 AM   #45
punisher
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Default Re: Andre berto will destroy manny pacqauio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
Pac doesn't need 147 and imho he's more than proven his point there. If it's not PBF, then he can look at 140 to fight Bradley or JMM. Pac has to eat enough protein for three men every day just to get his body anywhere near WW and he usually doesn't get all the way up to 147 anyway. I wouldn't be shocked if he could make 135 tbh.
Well...if he moves down to 140 for JMM or Bradley...great.

However, his camp has stated that he is comfortable at 147, and prefers that weight, atm. So...if that's the case, he should fight Berto, if not Floyd, IMO.

Berto may not be the most deserving on the list, but, he is the obvious choice at 147, behind Floyd, atm.
punisher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013