Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #16
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How Did You Score Hopkins Losses?

Don't have the cards unfortunately but i thought he beat Calzaghe by 1 point, and beat Taylor the first time, losing the rematch though i think, i'll have to watch that again because it's a consensus that he was robbed. I thought he lost to Jones but there are so many rounds you could go either way on, although there is much more of a case to give the fight to Jones. I thought he clearly beat Pascal.
teeto is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto View Post
Don't have the cards unfortunately but i thought he beat Calzaghe by 1 point, and beat Taylor the first time, losing the rematch though i think, i'll have to watch that again because it's a consensus that he was robbed. I thought he lost to Jones but there are so many rounds you could go either way on, although there is much more of a case to give the fight to Jones. I thought he clearly beat Pascal.
while i agree for the most part (though for what little he did in the taylor fights, even if people see him winning they can hardly be called robberies) i think the pascal fight is interesting. from what i watched (missed the last round), let's say pascal took 4 rounds, with the knockdowns that makes for a 114-112 bout which is close but clear. if pascal took 5 rounds (admittedly VERY hard to justify) a draw is possible.
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
while i agree for the most part (though for what little he did in the taylor fights, even if people see him winning they can hardly be called robberies) i think the pascal fight is interesting. from what i watched (missed the last round), let's say pascal took 4 rounds, with the knockdowns that makes for a 114-112 bout which is close but clear. if pascal took 5 rounds (admittedly VERY hard to justify) a draw is possible.
Agreed actually, Hopkins was feeling Pascal's shots in the first half
teeto is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #19
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrymariti View Post
Taylor I - had him winning by 2
Taylor II - had him winning by 5
Calzaghe - had him winning by 4
Pascal - had him winning by 3, didn't score it closely though
Jones - had him losing by 8
Really? Wow.

Taylor I: 115-113 Hopkins, but a draw would have been fair.
Taylor II: Draw. Might have to go back for a refresher on that one.
Calzaghe: 115-112 Hopkins. Ugly fight, can't deny that Joe finished much stronger.
Pascal: 114-112 Hopkins, a very clear win.
Jones: 116-112 His Royness.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Agreed actually, Hopkins was feeling Pascal's shots in the first half
Well, he got dropped so there's not much point in arguing that he felt something. But really, I think he was getting dropped because he IS slower than he used to be, and it took him four rounds to adjust to Pascal's charges. On that one legit KD, he flat out wasn't expecting a left hook to finish the combo. He looked more embarrassed than hurt.

It speaks volumes about what Pascal was feeling that the guy nearly two decades younger fought in reverse for two thirds of the fight and literally looked afraid to throw for long stretches.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #21
Napoleon
Smokin'
ESB Senior Member

From what I've seen, I had him winning the second Taylor fight by a round or two. Losing the Calzaghe fight by two rounds and beating Pascol, I'm not sure by how much.
Napoleon is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #22
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueApollo View Post
Well, he got dropped so there's not much point in arguing that he felt something. But really, I think he was getting dropped because he IS slower than he used to be, and it took him four rounds to adjust to Pascal's charges. On that one legit KD, he flat out wasn't expecting a left hook to finish the combo. He looked more embarrassed than hurt.

It speaks volumes about what Pascal was feeling that the guy nearly two decades younger fought in reverse for two thirds of the fight and literally looked afraid to throw for long stretches.
Yeah, i wasnt taking away from Hopkins, what you said is true, i was just stating the fight wasn't a whitewash, in the first half you could see Hopkins clearly being a bit weary (spellcheck) of the counters he was catching, and not just the ones that dropped him. As the fight progressed though Pascal was outclassed completely. Just goes to show that Hopkins does have the stamina, more so than he seems to think anyway, because sometimes he fights so sparingly, he might stoip that now. What a legend anyway
teeto is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Taylor 1 I did a thread it was a draw or a barely Hopkins win
Taylor 2 havent watched in yrs had Taylor win but clear as he took the 11th and sealed the fate
Calzaghe won Hopkins did nothing
Pascal I had it a draw and that was making round 1 a 10-9 had i did a 10-8 Pascal edges
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #24
Body Head
East Side Rape (CEO)
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

There is no case whatsoever to give the fight to Hopkins. Jones clearly and easily won the fight by no less than 8 rounds. As you can see I had it 118-111 wider than most, I thought he clearly won two rounds, the twelfth could have gone to either. Other than that Jones was just easily winning the rounds.
Body Head is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 03:45 AM   #25
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Yeah, i wasnt taking away from Hopkins, what you said is true, i was just stating the fight wasn't a whitewash, in the first half you could see Hopkins clearly being a bit weary (spellcheck) of the counters he was catching, and not just the ones that dropped him. As the fight progressed though Pascal was outclassed completely. Just goes to show that Hopkins does have the stamina, more so than he seems to think anyway, because sometimes he fights so sparingly, he might stoip that now. What a legend anyway
I think at age 46 this is quite okay.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 04:39 AM   #26
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395

He deserved to lose all of them. No robberies.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #27
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395

Sorry, but anyone who thinks Hopkins won the first Taylor fight has not watched the fight. Stop shooting your mouths off just because you see that it was a SD. Golden Boy Promotions sometimes organizes to give Hopkins and DeLaHoya one nod on the scorecards when they have a close enough fight. See Hopkins-Taylor 1, Oscar-Floyd, Hopkins-Calzaghe.

There is no possible way to score Hopkins-Taylor 1 in favor of Hopkins, or even a draw. BHop threw 2 punches a round. New rule: you must watch a fight before you score it.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Head View Post
There is no case whatsoever to give the fight to Hopkins. Jones clearly and easily won the fight by no less than 8 rounds. As you can see I had it 118-111 wider than most, I thought he clearly won two rounds, the twelfth could have gone to either. Other than that Jones was just easily winning the rounds.
yeah agreed, i had it closer though
teeto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum