Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Proud Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Tszyu v Mayweather

At 140 in Tszyu's prime who wins? I would of loved to see how Mayweather handled a punch flush on the chin from him! Also is it me or in the last few weight divisions Mayweather has won his titles has he done it without fighting the man in each division?
Proud Warrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

I think it's just you. He beat the recognized champ at 130 and 135, and 147, there was no universally recognized champ at 154, and Hatton said he wasn't ready to fight him when he was at 140.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
robert ungurean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tszyu might catch him. Really tough call.
robert ungurean is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Warrior
At 140 in Tszyu's prime who wins? I would of loved to see how Mayweather handled a punch flush on the chin from him! Also is it me or in the last few weight divisions Mayweather has won his titles has he done it without fighting the man in each division?

It is you mate as the only division he did not fight the man or the linear champion was at Light Welterweight(140 pounds) everywhere else he did. Hernandez and Corrales at Junior Lightweight, Castillo at Lightweight, Baldomir and Judah at Welterweight and Oscar De La Hoya at Ligh Middleweight.

At Light Welterweight Tyzu was injured and when he became available had to face the long overdue mandatory in Mitchell. Then full credit to Frank ****** who pulled a flanker paying over the odds to get an inactive 35 year old Tyzu to Manchester to face Hatton. After Hatton won they decided not to make the match asking for ridiculous sums of money to fight PBF. PBF took care of Gatti taking the prestigious WBC belt and DeMarcus Chop Chop Corley then he went up in weight to beat the true champions at Welterweight and Light Middleweight.

I love Kostya Tyzu I think he was a great champion at the weight and in his prime one of the top pound for pound fighter as an excellent technical boxer puncher. However Mayweather has always been something special. For me PBF takes this one as unfortunately for Tyzu PBF is not Mitchell or Judah.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Kostya Zoo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
I think it's just you. He beat the recognized champ at 130 and 135, and 147, there was no universally recognized champ at 154, and Hatton said he wasn't ready to fight him when he was at 140.
Well if the Hatton fight happens he could potentially claim lineal @ 140 as well. Would do some good **** for his career.
Kostya Zoo is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
Kostya Zoo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

BTW I pick Tszyu in this fight. But it's tough to call, even for me, as a Tszyu fan. Let's just say I wouldn't put a huge amount of $$ on it.
Kostya Zoo is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
Gsand
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hes not taking credit

Sure he may have re-used but thats not uncommon

Maybe opinions have changed since your post
Gsand is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #8
Proud Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsand
Hes not taking credit

Sure he may have re-used but thats not uncommon

Maybe opinions have changed since your post
Thank you mate
Old 06-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
Proud Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tills9191
dude , i can resort to swear words, but instead, im gona report u to ESB to get ur a*** banned from this site, u immature 14 yr old.
u just cant hack it u sound like an idiot , and every1 is laughing at u regurgitating whats already been said.. wake up and smell the coffee
Get a life! Me acting like im 14,its you who has been watching to much teenage mutant ninja turtles DUDE!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #10
tills9191
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Warrior
Get a life! Me acting like im 14,its you who has been watching to much teenage mutant ninja turtles DUDE!

ok this is the last time I'm gona reply to you , because you sound really not up to my level, and I'm wasting my time replying to you,but learn how to spell, and stop wasting my time... u got done.., so get...
tills9191 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296

IMO Zoo would always beat Mayweather.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #12
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

I like to point out in the only 2 really close fights of Tszyus career he was brutally KOed and quit with a round left in a close fight on the cards. If you think Mayweather either gets blown out or stopped with a single shot in the 2nd round like Judah a man he beat up your ****ing nuts. Mayweather wins 116-112.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #13
Metal Man
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I can see Zoo winning this.He'll keep Mayweather on the outside with fast straight hard punches.Mayweathers style suits Zoo,allowing him to establish a rythm and time Floyds stick and move counters similar to the Mitchell fights.
Metal Man is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Man
I can see Zoo winning this.He'll keep Mayweather on the outside with fast straight hard punches.Mayweathers style suits Zoo,allowing him to establish a rythm and time Floyds stick and move counters similar to the Mitchell fights.
Mitchell was a southpaw who isnt in Floyds league and thats a proven fact. Southpaws are at many times open for a straight right hand which Tszyu made a career of.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Also is it me or in the last few weight divisions Mayweather has won his titles has he done it without fighting the man in each division?

While it's true that Mayweather never beat the man at 140 (he beat the #1 contender Gatti but never fought Tszyu), he did beat the recent former 147 Champ -Judah- and the Champ -Baldomir-. Oscar was probably the best fighter at 154 (he sure was the biggest name), but nobody knows since that division is ****in anarchy. Anyway...Mayweather will beat Hatton in November to prove that he beat the best in every division.
Asterion is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum