Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 02:51 AM   #31
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tszyu v Mayweather

Zoo wins. He did well against slick boxers, it was pressure fighters who gave him problems. If he hurt Mayweather early, Mayweather would run the rest of the fight, and he wouldn't have the luxury of a slow start like he did against DLH or Judah because Zoo would keep the pressure on.
JMotrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 03:18 AM   #32
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
so your calling Vernon Forrest,Miguel a Gonzalez,Roger Mayweather,Zab Judah,Sharmba Mitchell,Julio C Chavez,Diobelys Hurtado,Rafael Ruelas and Oktay Urkal all B level fighters.
nice try but zoo never fought forrest as a professional roger and julio where shot beyond belief, the rest of those guys are like nobodies
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 03:25 AM   #33
Drexl
Your Hero
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Right now, Floyd wins. that's a no-brainer.

But prime vs prime at 140, Tszyu catches Floyd. I have no doubt about this. People who have tried & failed against PBF in the past don't throw the same straight, quick, accurate & powerful punches as Tszyu. He's versatile in his combinations as well.

Tszyu would have been able to stun floyd at least once, and he's better at following up & finishing than any of Floyd's other opponents.
Drexl is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 03:47 AM   #34
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Right now, Floyd wins. that's a no-brainer.

But prime vs prime at 140, Tszyu catches Floyd. I have no doubt about this. People who have tried & failed against PBF in the past don't throw the same straight, quick, accurate & powerful punches as Tszyu. He's versatile in his combinations as well.

Tszyu would have been able to stun floyd at least once, and he's better at following up & finishing than any of Floyd's other opponents.
one question for you..does floyd loose to vince phillips in his prime.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 03:53 AM   #35
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
so your calling Vernon Forrest,Miguel a Gonzalez,Roger Mayweather,Zab Judah,Sharmba Mitchell,Julio C Chavez,Diobelys Hurtado,Rafael Ruelas and Oktay Urkal all B level fighters.

yet nearly all of them have been rated in the top 6 by Ring magazine at 140.

Koa you are the stupidist shit on this board.

trust me Tszyu beat more guys in there Prime than most of todays fighters.
its easy to judge Tszyu's resume when you only know him from one fight his loss to Hatton at 36 years of age.
Styles make fight idiot its not about who beat who when two men are in the ring.
at one side you have PBF a fast defensive guy like Judah but with an orthodox stance.
Kostya Tszyu never and i mean never had a problem with slick guys in fact 95% of the time he KO'd them.

this were people get all caught up in oh but he never beat anyone decent.
but i would call Gonzalez in his prime decent,i would call Judah in his prime decent(Cotto took 11 rounds to put Judah away)
, i would call Hurtado decent in his prime, i would call Mitchell decent in his prime.

have a look at the records Kostya fought everywhere against anyone over in the States and Ko'd the best in his division.
ive heard PBF say that he didnt want to fight Tszyu well not untill he got older. when he said that about Tszyu KOstya was already 35 at the time. ive heard PBF talk shit about everyone out there but ive never heard him say one bad word about Zoo only he wanted no part of him untill he was 38.

PBF waited untill Gatti was finished hell he waited until ODH was finished.

if you recall seeing the MAB vs Hamed fight well that is the sort of style match up you would have.

PBF has great skills and picks his opponents apart.
but where everyone seems to underate Tszyu is in his hands he had qaulity speed everyone thought he was slow. but ask Judah how slow he is ask Vernon Forest how slow Tszyu is.

KOa all i will say is Tszyu cut the Ring off like no other fighter ive seen he stalked his prey. and is the second best counter puncher ive seen in the last 2 decades only to MAB.

Tszyu's style is perfect for PBF.

just like Hattons style is perfect for Tszyu's. why do you think ODH and Tszyu never fought why do you think Shane Mosley skipped the whole division Tszyu ruled.

to much risk for not enough reward against Tszyu.

Tszyu by TKO 10. watch the Gonzalez fight same thing will happen to PBF as what Zoo did to Gonzalez.

I have no idea what comparison your trying to make by bringing up MAB vs Hamed. In no way was Hamed a technical fighter, nor a polished fighter. He had his own pedigree much like Mayweather, but I don't think many people would call him well rounded. The thing that gets me is the number of threads brought up about hypothetical matches, and what are in my oppinion retarded Kostya Tszyu benchmarks. He is the most over-rated fighter on these boards.

You need to take another look at his professional record. He never fought Forest. He fought an antiquated version of Chavez which means absolutely nothing to knowledgeable fight fans. Who else did he beat? Oh, Sharmba Mitchell, Jesse James Leija, and Miguel Angel Gonzales, Zab Judah.. A respectable list of names for a very good fighter which Kostya Tszyu was. However, when you consider what defeated Tszyu, it should leave you no questions as to whether or not he would be able to compete with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

To be honest, I would love to see KT come out of retirement and shut me the **** up, because I would be extremely happy if someone would shut Mayweather up for a change.

Thing is, I have the sense to recognize that when it comes to boxing ability, Mayweather is on an entirely different level than Tszyu.

It might be that Tszyu speaks better english than Mayweather, doesn't suffer from ADD and is able to complete sentences, unlike Mayweather.. But when it comes to boxing this is a no brainer..
Koa is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 AM   #36
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa
Tszyu was an accurate puncher, but lets remember he wasn't accurate or fast enough to deal with a guy who stood right in front of him and made him quit. This thread is rediculous.
Your post is what's ridiculous - you neglect to mention all the holding and clinching that took place in the Hatton fight.

I guess that would take some of the impact out of saying Tszyu was too slow to beat a guy who stood in front of him
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 05:02 AM   #37
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa
I have no idea what comparison your trying to make by bringing up MAB vs Hamed. In no way was Hamed a technical fighter, nor a polished fighter. He had his own pedigree much like Mayweather, but I don't think many people would call him well rounded. The thing that gets me is the number of threads brought up about hypothetical matches, and what are in my oppinion retarded Kostya Tszyu benchmarks. He is the most over-rated fighter on these boards.

You need to take another look at his professional record. He never fought Forest. He fought an antiquated version of Chavez which means absolutely nothing to knowledgeable fight fans. Who else did he beat? Oh, Sharmba Mitchell, Jesse James Leija, and Miguel Angel Gonzales, Zab Judah.. A respectable list of names for a very good fighter which Kostya Tszyu was. However, when you consider what defeated Tszyu, it should leave you no questions as to whether or not he would be able to compete with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

To be honest, I would love to see KT come out of retirement and shut me the **** up, because I would be extremely happy if someone would shut Mayweather up for a change.

Thing is, I have the sense to recognize that when it comes to boxing ability, Mayweather is on an entirely different level than Tszyu.

It might be that Tszyu speaks better english than Mayweather, doesn't suffer from ADD and is able to complete sentences, unlike Mayweather.. But when it comes to boxing this is a no brainer..
Because Floyd fights like Vince Phillips and Ricky Hatton
Old 07-01-2007, 05:06 AM   #38
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
one question for you..does floyd loose to vince phillips in his prime.
Oh so I guess the point you're trying to make in your autistic way is that because PBF would probably beat Vince Phillips, then PBF can defnitely beat Tszyu.

Gee, I always thought the whole triangulation theory of "If fighter A can beat fighter B..." was flawed due to the "styles make fights" theory.

I guess not in your asperger's-riddled brain huh chump?

You a dumb mother****er boy

"hurhurhurhurhur!!!!"
Old 07-01-2007, 05:38 AM   #39
JMotrain
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Your post is what's ridiculous - you neglect to mention all the holding and clinching that took place in the Hatton fight.

I guess that would take some of the impact out of saying Tszyu was too slow to beat a guy who stood in front of him
Are you serious? Hatton should have been DQ'd for excessive holding. He was also throwing elbows, which is also illegal btw. 2 against 1 is hard to beat.
JMotrain is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 05:48 AM   #40
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMotrain
Are you serious? Hatton should have been DQ'd for excessive holding. He was also throwing elbows, which is also illegal btw. 2 against 1 is hard to beat.
no shit sherlock - I wasn't commending Hatton's tactics, I was pointing out to Koa that there was more to it than just 'Ricky Hatton standing there in front of Tszyu all night'
Old 07-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #41
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa
Its more the style of fighter I'm seeing. Kostya beat nothing but B level fighters, lost to a c level fighter and has a defense only slightly better than Gatti's.. He has better power than Gatti, and in his last display boasted less heart against Ricky Hatton. I believe his strength was precision power which is the only thing that keeps Mayweather honest, and is the ONLY reason Mayweather would chose to fight him carefully.
Kostya beat nothing but B-level fighters?

That statement hurts your credibility.

Judah, Pineda, Gonzalez , Mitchell, Hurtado to name a few.

Harris was a good B-level fighter. (One loss hardly drops you from HOFer to bum)

And against Hatton, he was almost 36.

Our discussion earlier was based on PRIME Kostya, who would be a bigger puncher at 140 than anyone Mayweather ever faced.

His destruction of Zab (who had a very similar style and speed to Mayweather) should be more than enough to cause Floyd concern.

His strength and precision (and you forgot timing) would definitely keep Mayweather honest.

Like I said to begin with, I'd pick Floyd by 116-112 or therabouts, but he stands about a 40 % chance of being KOd early.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #42
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
nice try but zoo never fought forrest as a professional roger and julio where shot beyond belief, the rest of those guys are like nobodies

Can you list the other nobodies, nobody?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #43
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Name some of the nobodies, Nobody
Old 07-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #44
moore
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
I like to point out in the only 2 really close fights of Tszyus career he was brutally KOed and quit with a round left in a close fight on the cards. If you think Mayweather either gets blown out or stopped with a single shot in the 2nd round like Judah a man he beat up your ****ing nuts. Mayweather wins 116-112.
And I'd like to point out you don't know **** all. In fact you were too lazy to even goto boxrec and get at least a raw picture.
moore is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #45
SUNOF7

Tszu was KO by Vince Phillips... he has done nothing in his career comparable to Mayweather. He is not on Mayweather's level in terms of talent. He is more deified for his one shot landing against Zab Judah than for anything else. he landed the perfect shot and never gave Zab a rematch. Tszu is and was overrated...
SUNOF7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum