Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Pacquiao - PEDs or not?
ABSOLUTELY!! 11 28.21%
NEVER!! 14 35.90%
maybe 14 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917
Default Re: Pacquiao - PEDs or not?

What has he been doing that's so speicial?
Here are his recent oppoents
Margarito W UD 12 Perhapps the most overrated boxer of our time.
Clottey W UD 12 A Human punching bag known best for beating a past prime Judah and losing close fights to Margarito and Cotto.
Cotto W TKO 12 A very good boxer but not a great boxer. He is always a los waiting to happen.
Hatton W KO 2 Allready damaged goods having been knocked out by Mayweather.
De La Hoya RET 9 Would have not beaten a prime De La Hoya at 147 or a 35 year old De La Hoya at 154.

Many Pacquiao is an amazing boxing talent. He happens to chose oppoents that are not on his level.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035

Who is on Pacquiao's level right now(that will sign a fight with him)? Nobody really. The only challenge that really would test him is Martinez for the lineal MW title, and even then he beat the guy that beat him too. So what next?
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

He might have used them to get bigger and stronger in the past. I dont think he uses them anymore, and I think Floyd for some stupid reason is scared to fight him.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I guess a lot of elite professional boxers have used performance-enhancing drugs.
They've been part of professional (and amateur) sports for decades.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pacquiao and Mayweather are supplied from the same source.
Same way I see it. Shit, even golfers are using now. There isn't a clean sport out there and hasn't been for a long time.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #20
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

I don't suspect him of it any more than every other fighter. There's no reason to.

Last edited by the cobra; 02-14-2011 at 12:15 AM.
the cobra is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
Gesta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

I you watch his early fights through to his bouts now it makes sense, he was a skinny liite kid, with great speed and power, had some good performances had some ave ones, gets a world class trainer and eats right and is a great trainer & listener, and starts going up though the weights and becomes great.

Now Pacman is a great boxer, not just for his spped and power, who was the last guys he hurt/ko'd? apart from Hatton, without hitting him 300 times.

When you get a special talent who will listen/learn and train the house down, you will see a ATG boxer, Floyd/RJJ are the same, but they learnt to good trainers a lot earyler.
Gesta is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #22
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If you had a option in the poll for "no proof he is using" and I will vote for it. The current options do not reflect my opinion on the matter.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #23
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T View Post
I think he is because:

I just don't see how an ex-Flyweight who was being KOed by nobody Flyweights, is not dominating (TKOing) Welterweight and Light-Middleweight world champs. It CANNOT be done without some "help".

All the other weight jumpers were not bums at the beginning of their careers like Pacquiao. They were consistently on a very high level. With Pacquiao this is not so.

Remember though, what I say isn't law, and what anyone else says also has validity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
What has he been doing that's so speicial?
Here are his recent oppoents
Margarito W UD 12 Perhapps the most overrated boxer of our time.
Clottey W UD 12 A Human punching bag known best for beating a past prime Judah and losing close fights to Margarito and Cotto.
Cotto W TKO 12 A very good boxer but not a great boxer. He is always a los waiting to happen.
Hatton W KO 2 Allready damaged goods having been knocked out by Mayweather.
De La Hoya RET 9 Would have not beaten a prime De La Hoya at 147 or a 35 year old De La Hoya at 154.

Many Pacquiao is an amazing boxing talent. He happens to chose oppoents that are not on his level.

Watch two, count 'em two, yes
TWO forms of idiocy battle it out to the *death in the ESB CAGE O' DEATH! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! There's going to be mayhem, there's going to be excitement, there's going to be dangerous levels of dumbosity, there's going to be everything a human being can ask for in real life drama. Free tickets, no shirt, no problem, no shoes, no problem, no tie, well, there can't be any ties in a match-up like this! Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!

*These battles are for entertainment purposes only and any deaths will be staged. No idiots are harmed during the making of these events.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #24
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

the burden of proof should be on the accuser. there is no reason to believe so as pacquiao has passed all tests required by the commission.

also, if you have seen pac's older fights, you'd understand why he lost to lesser fighters. his conditioning was not that good and his skills were raw.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #25
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post

Watch two, count 'em two, yes TWO forms of idiocy battle it out to the *death in the ESB CAGE O' DEATH! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! There's going to be mayhem, there's going to be excitement, there's going to be dangerous levels of dumbosity, there's going to be everything a human being can ask for in real life drama. Free tickets, no shirt, no problem, no shoes, no problem, no tie, well, there can't be any ties in a match-up like this! Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!

*These battles are for entertainment purposes only and any deaths will be staged. No idiots are harmed during the making of these events.
****ing Ears, bro
Pachilles is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #26
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yeah, I think it's a bit sad in sports that the guys who make great improvements are singled out as suspects.
It's always the guys who improve, become better, bigger and stronger, who are pointed at. That seems unfair and really it can only serve to discourage people from training hard.

Having said that, my opinion about drugs in sport I've already stated - YES, it's rife, and it's been a part of sports for decades (at least 50 or 60 years!). It's old old news. Likely that over 50% of your sporting heroes and champions from the last 50 years have used reliable performance-enhancing drugs. (Obviously, experimentation has been going on for thousands of years).
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #27
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Pacroid is void, he a HGH-junkie.
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #28
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
Jimmy McClarin did it before steroids became available.

Sam Langford came up from lightweight to dominate the best heavyweights before steroids were even thought of.

Some guys are just freaks.
This sentence pretty much sums it up.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #29
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:

Watch two, count 'em two, yes TWO forms of idiocy battle it out to the *death in the ESB CAGE O' DEATH! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! There's going to be mayhem, there's going to be excitement, there's going to be dangerous levels of dumbosity, there's going to be everything a human being can ask for in real life drama. Free tickets, no shirt, no problem, no shoes, no problem, no tie, well, there can't be any ties in a match-up like this! Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!

I put 20 on D.T!!

Do you perchance accept IOU's as currency?
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #30
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Ha ha ha ha ha! May i add a little bit for the very end?".............IF YOU MISS THIS YOU BETTER BE DEEEAAADDD OR IN JJAAAAIIILLLL, AND IF YOU ARE IN JAIL, BBRRREEEAAAAKKKKK OOOOOUUUUUUTTTTT!!!"** H.M. Truckasauraus
johnmaff36 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum