Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Scotty haters

What is it with all you english Scott Harrison haters??? why do yous hate the guy so much??? hes a guy whos had his troubles and is trying to rebuild not only his career but also his life. not only is he fighting his demons with alcohol, debt etc he still has on his mind his up-coming court cases to deal with so why cant yous get off the guys back???

I see there wasnt a mention of your golden-boy Amir Khan when he knocked some guy who was crossing at a pelican crossing whiloe going through a red light and speeding and broke the guys leg??? he also pleads not guilty for dangerous driving and gets away with it!! so what is dangerous driving then driving through a kids playground???!!! typical english snobbery and double standards!!!

Weres my good mate dunky when i need him!!!
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241
Default Re: Scotty haters

I am actually a Scotty fan.

I want Earl to beat Amir for no reason I can explain.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

khan has probably got more haters on this board than harrison.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
I am actually a Scotty fan.

I want Earl to beat Amir for no reason I can explain.
Wasnt aimed at all english folk i probarly got caught up in the moment, think ive been reading too much of dunkys posts, though the ones i mean know who they are.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:45 AM   #5
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Dunky thanked me for supporting Scotty once when everyone else wasn't.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
khan has probably got more haters on this board than harrison.
Was more directed at the haters of Scotty rather than the Khan nut-huggers. the guy has alot of problems why cant people just let him be and try sort his life out. i was never really a fan of frank bruno but when he had all his mental problems i felt sorry for him and wished him well just wish some people on here would do the same but hey its us who will have the last laugh when he makes a successful comeback.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222
What is it with all you english Scott Harrison haters??? why do yous hate the guy so much??? hes a guy whos had his troubles and is trying to rebuild not only his career but also his life. not only is he fighting his demons with alcohol, debt etc he still has on his mind his up-coming court cases to deal with so why cant yous get off the guys back???

I see there wasnt a mention of your golden-boy Amir Khan when he knocked some guy who was crossing at a pelican crossing whiloe going through a red light and speeding and broke the guys leg??? he also pleads not guilty for dangerous driving and gets away with it!! so what is dangerous driving then driving through a kids playground???!!! typical english snobbery and double standards!!!

Perhaps some people find that alot of scottish fans dislike english teams and english fighters so why should they support scottish fighters when that is not the case the other way round. Double standards and typical scottish arrogance if you ask me.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I always liked watching Harrison.

He was never a particularily classy fighter but he always entertained. I hope he comes back.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
Perhaps some people find that alot of scottish fans dislike english teams and english fighters so why should they support scottish fighters when that is not the case the other way round. Double standards and typical scottish arrogance if you ask me.
I dont dislike english fighters or teams and many people i know dont either. I like most english fighters i cheered on calzaghe whos welsh, haye and will be cheering hatton aswell. ill also be cheering the likes of murray and meager the night before also. im a fan of boxing nationality only plays a part of it. Dunky also ran a thread on here about hatton and id say 90% of scots all liked andf wanted hatton to win.

As for teams i have a soft spot for west ham and been down to 3 of there games so dont know were you get that from. paranoid perhaps???
Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #10
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I dont dislike english fighters or teams and many people i know dont either. I like most english fighters i cheered on calzaghe whos welsh, haye and will be cheering hatton aswell. ill also be cheering the likes of murray and meager the night before also. im a fan of boxing nationality only plays a part of it. Dunky also ran a thread on here about hatton and id say 90% of scots all liked andf wanted hatton to win.

As for teams i have a soft spot for west ham and been down to 3 of there games so dont know were you get that from. paranoid perhaps???
Not really i like scottish fighters i was just showing you that you general statement was just the same if you look at it from the other side of the arguement.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #11
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Not really i like scottish fighters i was just showing you that you general statement was just the same if you look at it from the other side of the arguement.
I dont mean scottish fighters in general just scotty. theres been alot of nasty things said about him not only on here but in the press also just dont think its right kicking someone when they are at there lowest especially when hes trying to get his life back but must admit pretty suprised with the responses so far.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #12
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:

What has prompted this? Is it the celebrity big brother thread?

When Harrison's comeback was announced on here there was a lot of support and well wishers - any negative remarks seemed to be in the minority from my recollection.
elle is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
Taffyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ive always liked Harrison .
My best mate was in the european championships with him as part of the Brit team a while back & said he was a genuine fella & when he came to prominence I always identified with him , A rough bastard who's had his fair share of scrapes but something likeable from the workingmans point of view reminds of Micheal Gomez in some respects.
Im sorry but its the other one I dont like - Arthur...!!!!!
Taffyy is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

I've nothing against Scottish fighters and am a big fan of Burns, Arthur, Simpson. However, Harrison is an arsehole who needs sorting out. Just because he's an alkay doesn't excuse him going round beating blokes up who have no chance whatsoever in a fight with him. He's an appalling example to the sport and a disgrace to Scotland, and I for one won't be shedding any tears when he inevitably gets his comeuppance
David UK is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #15
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
WRONG

Im the only scottish guy who despises Hatton, every other scottish poster I have seen wants to see Hatton win, & theres a good few scottish lads travelling over to cheer thim on. In fact, I dont know any scottish posters who hate english fighters for being English. I made a thread about it a while back, as Victor said.
You should check it out!

As for the football, thats different altogether. Scotland & England are traditionally rivals. You younger ones probably dont understand properly as the matches were phased out due to English fans rioting in Glasgow(sorry, couldnt resist ) but there has never been any love lost between Scotland & England football matches.

Funny thing is, now that England are out of the euros, theres good chnce the home internationals will be brought bck so you can finally judge the rivalry for yourself!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum