Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #16
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 13,754
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
=you****ingbum;8913944]but holmes never faced bobick at pro so bobick kicked the ass of holmes and we never saw a new fight. so bobick did beat holmes period.
Doesn't matter. Holmes was the better fighter.. Since your taking examples that irrelevant then Lynn Ball beat Lyle.

Quote:
lyle did his pro debut in his 30s, we never saw prime lyle,
Yes we did... He was prime at the age of 35 against George Foreman.. You may not like the numbers, but it was what it was...

Quote:
he was a beast at amateur,
with a 7-2 amateur record?

Quote:
he lost only a fight in prison and he won the rematch,
Actually, he lost twice in the amatuers, only won 7, and never avenged the two mentioned defeats.


Quote:
he destroyed bobick, the bobick who did beat stevenson and holmes.
A point you keep repeating and one that has no significance.


Quote:
lyle in his 20s would have been much better and it is not speculation.

Really? Did you see him fight in his 20's?

Quote:
any fighter is in better shape in his 20s than in his 30s, it is a fact.
Fact? Well, isn't it also a fact that men like Bernard Hopkins, Joe Walcott, and Archie Moore were all better fighters in their 30's, than in their 20's?




Quote:
period
Indeed.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #17
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 1230
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

You****ingbum is combatsdeboxeo.

As for the thread, Tubbs outboxes Lyle. He was elusive enough to stay away from the powerful but unpolished Lyle.

Tubbs would have a few scary moments but ultimately box his way into a decision.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by you****ingbum View Post
REALLY? I AM ?

I DISAGREE BUT I CAN TAKE THAT
what's up Carlos
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
what's up Carlos
Racist!
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #20
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

^ thats his name kally
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #21
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 13,754
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
=you****ingbum;8914553]bobick 1- holmes 0. lyle 1- bobick 0. period.
Lynn Ball 1 - Lyle - 0. And that was a professional fight.


Quote:
no we didnīt.
Was there some other period that you're illuding too? Because the man only had 1 career.





Quote:
his amateur record was 25-4. sorry my boy, you are wrong.
Funny, a few posts ago, you said that he lost only one..




Quote:
bobick kicked the ass of holmes, lyle destroyed bobick... plain and simple.
Holmes amateur defeat to Bobick and Lyle's win over Bobick has no bearing on Lyle's power or his chance against Tubbs in the pros, but if you want to keep reaching go right ahead.






Quote:
you never saw john l sulivan fighting. would you say that he had better shape in his 40s than in his 20s? logic my boy, logic
Sullivan had a career in his 20's Lyle never did... I only go by what was actually available to comment on, and not a period in someone's career that never existed.



Quote:
3 men in the history? wow great example
You made the broad generalization...I didn't....






Quote:
period
Indeed.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #22
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,177
vCash: 1200
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
^ thats his name kally
I thought you were just using a stereotypical Spanish name.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
Il Duce
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Computer says,,,,,,,,,,,,Tony Tubbs by 10-Round Majority Decision
Il Duce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #24
Vince Voltage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

I'd be rooting for Lyle, but I have a feeling Tubbs would outbox him.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #25
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Tubbs was pretty slick man.......... Tony tubbs decision over ron lyle.
anut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #26
Il Duce
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Voltage View Post
I'd be rooting for Lyle, but I have a feeling Tubbs would outbox him.
Me too,,,,,,,,,but Ron sleep-walked sometimes, and got discouraged.

Tony was too good of a boxer in his prime days, and would not be a stationary target.
Il Duce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #27
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Tubbs could box, but he still owned a shaky chin... If Lyle nailed Tubbs, Lyle could win...

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #28
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Thugz Mansion
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 600
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Tubbs could box, but he still owned a shaky chin... If Lyle nailed Tubbs, Lyle could win...

MR.BILL
Lyle could nail ANYONE.

Tubbs wouldnt take it, too hard it be!


Foreman Hoooooooooooooooooooook!
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #29
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,414
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ron lyle vs tony tubbs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
You****ingbum is combatsdeboxeo.
News Flash!
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013