Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #31
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I love this card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Go through Holyfield's opponents and tell me who he's fighting that will hurt him. Morales won't take anywhere near as much punishment as Mosley is going to.

Like I said, it's about paying homage if I watch those guys fight.

I have no interest in Pacquaio v Mosley as a contest. None. Because it won't be a contest.

It's pretty simple - 48yr old's shouldn't be in a boxing ring altogether.

Morales may not take as much punishment as Mosley, but he'll take plenty from a young bull in Maidana. Problem with Morales is, he is ****ing shot and hasn't looked good one iota since returning.

Keep paying homage Ipp or should I say 'praying' that your beloved Holyfield to bring you back one more piece of magic...
Contendo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Much more fear should be placed on both Holyfield & Morales's lives at this stage of their careers.

No, no Kegs, Ippy's got it all worked out - a 48yr washed up and a 34yr banged up and washed up are far more in condition and safer than a 39yr old Shane Mosely who might be finished, but nowhere near the state of Ippy's two heroes!

Just ask him, he'll tell you!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #33
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He won't because he's done. But he's fighting on the seniors tour. It's Morales' swang song too. Sure he's facing someone more dangerous than what his Holyness has been up against, but he won't have to go looking for Maidana. What Mosley is about to cop is an extended beating. He's a speed fighter and it looks like his timing has all but deserted him.

Last edited by ipswich express; 02-16-2011 at 08:21 PM.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #34
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
No, no Kegs, Ippy's got it all worked out - a 48yr washed up and a 34yr banged up and washed up are far more in condition and safer than a 39yr old Shane Mosely who might be finished, but nowhere near the state of Ippy's two heroes!

Just ask him, he'll tell you!
Like I said, point out one guy Evander's fought recently that's capable of hurting him. I wish he retired in 2001. He didn't, that's his choice.

Regardless of all that, you're trying to make it sound like Pacquaio v Mosley is going to be a contest. It won't be...
Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #35
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Like I said, point out one guy Evander's fought recently that's capable of hurting him. I wish he retired in 2001. He didn't, that's his choice.

Regardless of all that, you're trying to make it sound like Pacquaio v Mosley is going to be a contest. It won't be...

I don't need to name Holyfield's opponents Ippy. A stated, 48yr old's should not be allowed in a boxing ring and your Senior's Tour comment, how ****ing stupid and I'd have thought better coming from you. It's a boxing ring and someone could seriously get hurt, hence I stand by the fact that 48yr old's shouldn't be sanctioned by any commission to fight - period.

Yes I do believe Pac vs. Sugar will be more of a contest (I do see Pac winning) than either Morales or Holyfield and their recent/current careers.

Holyfield - I think I've said enough, but it's easy to see why he'd still fight when he's got the likes of you lining up to pay $ to 'homage' his current wares whilst you remaniss about his 'well' bygone career and as for Erik, as much as I want him to beat Maidana, do I seriously expect it, no.

I made the comment in another thread about Maidana not running from him and that's want Morales would want as it may play into a 'luckyshot' situation/opportunity for Erik? I see we agree on something, but ****ing hell, the realist in me also see's what Morales is currently and it's a roast dinner - done.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #36
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Bernard Hopkins is 46 and still competing at an elite level, so it's horses for courses, obviously. Holyfield is done but it's not like he's going to get sparked fighting Frans Botha or Brian Neilsen. It's also not like he's the first guy to essentially fight on like this either.

What do you want me to do, write him a letter and ask him not to fight? I haven't paid for a fight of his since the Lewis rematch... If you seriously believe half the shit stirring I write when talking about him reclaiming his throne etc, you need your head read.

He's financially in trouble, if reports are accurate. How else can he earn money? Fighting is all he knows. ****, he beat the so called world champion two fights ago, so what does that say?

Mosley is shot. He was taking hooks from Mora that he would've seen coming a few years ago. He's what 39 or 40 years now but more importantly he's a reflex fighter. To me his timing is gone. Pacquaio can potentially damage him, because it'll be an extended beating.

It'll be completely one way traffic. Do I blame Pacquaio for it? No, I don't. He's maximising his return at a late stage of his career against someone with a name, that offers next to no challenge. The difference is Holyfield is fighting someone next to his level. Maidana is above Erik, but he's crude. You can make a case for Erik in that one. Pacquaio will belt Mosley because Pacquaio is in his prime.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #37
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Every old fighter has that one too many fights in the end & it nearly always ends the same way.........a sad beatdown. Both Mosley & Morales, luv em both, but they both are in for a savage beatdown. Holyfield's is coming although the Donald loss is a fight I simply refuse to watch he was that bad. But in these days the draw of the $$$$ is simply too much for them not to cash in on their great careers. Last paydays so to speak. If ya don't like it, don't buy it but I will buy it & watch the sugar mans last stand against todays p4p king.
roscoe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum