Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is PBF bothering to fight Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmelicious
the guy is 43 and 0. i p4p guy,and you need justification? take a tip noob, dont start making threads till your around for a bit or your gonna lose all cred early, and you will be another joke who everyone owns!
Just playing devil's advocate
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #17
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Hatton deserves the fight it is a great fight if you ask me....the fact that he is very confident means he will also, whether he is the underdog or not, bring forward a GREAT effort one that can upset anyone...with that said Floyd doesnt take ANY opponent lightly the fact that Hatton seems to think he is being taken lightly suggests to me he really doesnt know what he is fighting....Floy will come in that ring ready just like Hatton, they both will put forth a great effort....if you notice though.....the last interview we heard of Floyd was after the dancing with stars tid bit. Since then the only person in the interviews and articles is Hatton.....Floyd has buckled down, im not saying Hatton hasn't im sure he has but i havent seen anything from Floyd....i look forward tot he 24/7 series as that seems to be the only glimpse of what PBF is doing before the fight however we know that never really shows a whole lot for strategy sakes. To be honest i really think its Hatton who seems to be underestimating the man he will be facing...not necessarily Floyds skills....but how smart and crafty Floyd is.....he thinks that i guess every minute of every round will cause Floyd to break...on the contrary Floyd spars without a timer sparring 15 rounds at times or more....im sure for this fight they stepped it because every one knows Hatton doesnt quit and expects his opponents to give in to his pressure this will not be the case....Hatton is in for a rude awakening.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

I love the spin. I love how it went from "PBF is ducking Hatton!"(Which wasn't true by the way) to PBF taking an easy fight he knows he's going to win. Next year, most are going to use that as an excuse after Floyd gets past Hatton. I won't forget though.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #19
Spit Bucket
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat
He wants the MONEY dummy.
this thread shouldve ended here.
Spit Bucket is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #20
LogDog69
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacyace
I love the spin. I love how it went from "PBF is ducking Hatton!"(Which wasn't true by the way) to PBF taking an easy fight he knows he's going to win. Next year, most are going to use that as an excuse after Floyd gets past Hatton. I won't forget though.
Yea I agree with this. When Hatton beat Kostya, everyone said, "Ooooo Mayweather won't fight Hatton." "Hatton/Mayweather is the fight that needs to be made!" Now that it's being made he's all of a sudden hand-picking opponents. This is a good matchup and a dangerous fight for both guys and both guys should be applauded for taking such a risk and putting their "0's" on the line.
LogDog69 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #21
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogDog69
Yea I agree with this. When Hatton beat Kostya, everyone said, "Ooooo Mayweather won't fight Hatton." "Hatton/Mayweather is the fight that needs to be made!" Now that it's being made he's all of a sudden hand-picking opponents. This is a good matchup and a dangerous fight for both guys and both guys should be applauded for taking such a risk and putting their "0's" on the line.
That's what I been screaming!!!! How can he be criticized for not fighting him at 140 (even though Hatton clearly said he wasn't ready) and then criticized for fighting him now at 147? Ask a hater though and they'll tell you all Floyd fans are nuts.
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #22
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Many fans said that this fight was "the fight of this generation". Now it will happen..welterweight champ against jr. welterweight champ...undefeated vs. undefeated...boxer vs. brawler...both near their prime. Anyone that doesn't like this fight can **** off.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #23
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Hatton was calling Mayweather out to no end.

Hatton is an undefeated, top level fighter.

Why not fight him?
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #24
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeejack
Ricky Hatton is a top ten P4P fighter, 43-0 record and the ring magazine champ at 140.

This is no bum, this is a fighter right at his peak so beating Hatton would do wonders for Floyd's Legacy.

Some people are grossly underestimating Hatton's chances in this one.
Yep.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #25
stevestroud

Exactly! It's a difficult fight for both boxers. Neither fighter could be truthfully accused of hand picking easy opposition.
We've got two undefeated champions in their prime fighting it out to see once and for all who’s the best. It's also a classic stylistic match up of an extremely slick speedster versus a well balanced aggressive slugger.
This is the exact kind of fight us boxing fans have been complaining we don't see enough of! I for one am very happy the fight been made.
stevestroud is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Well I think Floyd is slagging Hatton off because thats his style.
However some of his less intelligent fans are saying Hattons a bum and its an easy fight (including tasteless remarks about Hatton getting killed). If I were a Floyd fan I'd talk up Hattons chances a bit to make his victory seem more impressive.
They'll probably complain when Floyd gets slagged off for fighting the fat midget that RH so obviously is.
Talk about double standards.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #27
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNCHDRUNK
According to many this fight is a foregone conclusion, a white-wash. Mayweather is being picked to win via a shut-out at the very least or T.K.O. Is this another case of Floyd hand-picking weak opposition (a club fighter at best according to his fans)? PBF fanatics label Hatton as a nobody, a one-dimensional hugger (sorry, mean't slugger), so what's the point? If Mayweather is truely the greatest boxer ever in the history of the sport, then this fight is worthless and only goes to emphasize what a coward Floyd has become. This does nothing for his legacy and only goes to highlight that he's consistently taken the path of least resistance in every weight category from 140 lbs upwards.

Can any Floyd fans please justify the challenge this fight represents?

This is the biggest BS there is !!

It floyd hate brigade, that are stating Floyd should not be fighting Hatton .

There saying that Hatton is a limited 140 pounder and that floyd handpicked him, knowing that he was not SHIT , and that floyd should be fighting someone more worthy at 147 lb limit, such as , cotto , Margarito , Shane or Williams.

so don't lay this shit at the Floyd fan door step.
pit is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #28
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
This is the biggest BS there is !!

It floyd hate brigade, that are stating Floyd should not be fighting Hatton .

There saying that Hatton is a limited 140 pounder and that floyd handpicked him, knowing that he was not SHIT , and that floyd should be fighting someone more worthy at 147 lb limit, such as , cotto , Margarito , Shane or Williams.

so don't lay this shit at the Floyd fan door step.
There are a lot of people with Floyd as their avatar on this site that are saying this fight is a forgone conclusion.How do you think the fight will turn out?
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #29
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidegger
The fight has the spectre of a 'big fight': American Vrs European, Black guy Vrs White guy, both undefeated, so its easy to hype up. But in reality its just one great boxer beating up a chubby bum.
I did not realise PBF had a weight problem.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #30
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Even though I believe this WBC mandatory title defense and Ricky Hatton's number one contendership position ( and Berto's number two position) is largely unjustified, this up-coming match is very important for boxing in the non-finantial perspective and I explain why in short: Boxing should be increasingly more a globalized sport/entertainment and not just american-based cause there is no rational basis on which we can consider US athletes particularly gifted compared to their latin american/european/african/australian/asian counter parts and thus, every human being should be given a chance to prove that they are the real deal. Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather are honest, dedicated and top professionals, good entertainers that are building the bridge to get us fans closer together and speaking the same language of the sweet science, what is good about it should make up for the many unpleasant things that are brought along.
I have said it many times that it can be one-sided or it can develop into an interesting clash of styles at the highest level, so any true boxing fan should wish for the latter rather than the former.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum