Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Dr. Steelhammer vs Iron Mike, who wins?
Tyson by KO 177 72.54%
Klitschko by KO 52 21.31%
Tyson by Decision 2 0.82%
Klitschko by Decision 13 5.33%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #46
Laudrup
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Wladimir vs Mike Tyson Prime-4-Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
To put it more simply . . . STYLES make fights.

Wlad's style is to paw with the jab and keep his opponent at bay, throwing maybe one or two right hands in a round when he is confident he is out of their range. He has no inside game to speak of, so when attacked he retreats in a straight line or tries to smother his opponents and clinch.

Tyson's style is to come forward while bobbing and weaving so as not to provide a stationary target for the jab. He wants to plant his head on your chest and crack you with hooks and uppercuts.

How is a pawing left hand going to keep a come forward fighter with great head movement from getting on the inside?

How is a fighter with a reluctance to throw a right hand unless he's certain it's going to land going to deter a fighter from coming forward.

How is a fighter who goes back in straight lines going to be able to escape from a fighter with faster footwork?

How is a fighter with no real inside game going to stop one of the most devastating inside fighters the heavyweight division has seen?

How is a fighter with a chin like Wlad's going to stay up when Tyson does land?

Basically, in order to win this fight Wlad has to actually change his style and fight a different fight.

He can't just leave his left pawing out there or else one bob and step and Tyson is on the inside. He has to pump the jab home hard and often just to give Tyson something to think about.

He can't get away with throwing the right hand so infrequently or else Tyson has nothing to fear or think about apart from slipping the jab.

Wlad has to be able to work on the inside when Tyson gets there, because he hasn't got the foot speed over Tyson that would usually earn him his distance back. He needs to be able to meet Tyson with uppercuts as he's coming inside - what use is a jab and straight rights when someone has their head on your chest?

You're talking about asking Wlad to fight completely outside of his comfort zone, just in order keep Tyson at bay. You're just asking Tyson to go in there and fight his usual fight. This is a no brainer for me
Thank you.

Tyson KO.

And all of you - please remember we are talking about a prime Tyson.
Laudrup is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #47
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Anybody here who thinks Wlad would win would never ever place money on this bout if it somehow could really take place. I guarantee you that.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #48
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post
Desiree Washington

Seriously though, who wins a single fight...tough call.

Who wins the most fights if they were to fight 10 times, Wladimir.
Why? I can see Wladimir adapting, doing what he needs to do, learning from each fight, while Tyson just gets frustrated.
You would see Wladamir adapting do you know why? Because you love him..... It makes me sick your biased post's all time?

This is how it is...... If they fought each other 10 times in there primes. Wlad would get beaten 9 times and im giving Wlad 1 win because he might get lucky with a punch... Wlad would fill his pants as soon as the bell went and get KO. If you cant see that then your just ****ing mad were talking about Wlad yeah..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #49
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Number of times this poll has been done before?? over/under 50...
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #50
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
- There's no way Wlad handles the pressure by just moving back in a straight line

- there's no way a pawing left arm is keeping Tyson at bay

- Tyson's head isn't going to be in the same place to be jabbed off, and once he slips one he's on the inside

- Wlad does not have to inside game to deal with Tyson
Yeah that's spot on. Wlad is a good fighter but a prime 21year old Tyson would be his worst nightmare and the panic on his face would be painful to watch. I don't see him going past 2 and that would be the same outcome if they fought 10 times. Wladimir's tools has a fighter would'nt come into play because he would never see past the second, i honestly believe that. Has good a fighter has Wlad is, you just can't put out of your mind how poorly he handles pressure, and a peak Tyson brings has much pressure has his ever gonna see. People like Lewis and Holyfield would have fared better against a prime Tyson because they were born fighters and have the ability to stay calm, Wlad isn't a born fighter and he cannot stay calm amidst that fire. That is my opinion.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #51
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Wlad late KO, just can't see wlad doing anything but keeping distance an jabbing the shit out tyson, then coming threw big right crosses an lefts hooks as the fight progresses, i see this fighting going no more the 10, i see tyson with a better chance of beating wlad late then early, maybe when wlad gets carless an is going in for the kill, an then tyson catches him
p4pBute is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #52
Chrystophilax
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 316

Styles make fights is exactly right. Boxers like Wlad do not do well against swarmers like Tyson. It's like the Ali-Fraizer fight, exceptin this case the Ali-man does not have a rock-hard chin, and Joe Fraizer-like-person has a devestating right-uppercut instead of a left-hook.

Quick KO for Tyson.

That's not to say that Wlad is a bad boxer, but styles make fights, and he would get slaughtered against this paticular opponent.
Chrystophilax is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #53
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pBute View Post
Wlad late KO, just can't see wlad doing anything but keeping distance an jabbing the shit out tyson, then coming threw big right crosses an lefts hooks as the fight progresses, i see this fighting going no more the 10, i see tyson with a better chance of beating wlad late then early, maybe when wlad gets carless an is going in for the kill, an then tyson catches him
That's because you're picturing Wlad in thering with his typical level of opponent, who stand at the end of his jab waiting to be hit.

There's no way that Wlad can keep Tyson off him. It's the worst stylistic matchup you could find for Wlad
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #54
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

[quote=Chrystophilax;8943309]Styles make fights is exactly right. Boxers like Wlad do not do well against swarmers like Tyson. It's like the Ali-Fraizer fight, exceptin this case the Ali-man does not have a rock-hard chin, and Joe Fraizer-like-person has a devestating right-uppercut instead of a left-hook.

Quick KO for Tyson.

That's not to say that Wlad is a bad boxer, but styles make fights, and he would get slaughtered against this paticular opponent.[/quote]

Exactly.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #55
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystophilax View Post
Styles make fights is exactly right. Boxers like Wlad do not do well against swarmers like Tyson. It's like the Ali-Fraizer fight, exceptin this case the Ali-man does not have a rock-hard chin, and Joe Fraizer-like-person has a devestating right-uppercut instead of a left-hook.
Tyson's left hook was no slouch. IIRC, he dropped Trevor Berbick _three times_ with ONE left hook...
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #56
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joban View Post

Yeah but that never really happens does it?

You dont get to fight people fifty times to learn...

Tyson KO and that's it. Wlad has no inside game, and Tyson brings hell.

I see what you are saying, but you've got to look at the flip side too.

What if Wlad figured Tyson out in the first fight? And with Steward as Wlad's trainer, is that really unthinkable? Not at all.

So if Wlad figures out Tyson in their first fight, does that mean he wins all 10?
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #57
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montero View Post
if Wlad can survive the early onslaught by Tyson he would win a competetive decision. Tyson ALWAYS had problems with skilled tall guys. From the outside, Tyson wouldn't have much - but if he got inside he could do serious damage b/c Wlad's inside game is his weak spot. But if Wlad succesfully smothered Iron Mike on the inside, he could jab his way to a decision win. His straight rights and left hooks would also take a toll toward the later rounds (see Tyson-Douglas) and Mike's inside work wouldn't have the same explosiveness...

I'm talking about PRIME Wlad with Manny Steward in his corner, not the guy from a decade ago that some of you can't seem to forget about.
Yep, I agree. Prime Wlad, the Wlad of today with Manny Steward. There's a huge size difference that Wlad definitely knows how to use to his advantage, perhaps more so than any other fighter.

(yes I know it's Vitali and not Wlad, but it gives you a general idea of the size difference)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #58
KillEmAll
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
BALLER IS HURTING BADLY...

every time someone mentions “Prime Tyson within 1 round” I have to step in and pop the bubble by refreshing the memories:

And although Tyson’s KOloss has been described as “one of the most shocking upsets in modern sports history” it was NOT a fluke: It was because Iron Mike Tyson was in reality Tiny Mike Tyson (5’10”)

Let’s check what happened when Tyson met
BETTER+TALLER (i.e. > 6’3”)opponents:

First time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Mitch Green (6’5.0”) –> UD10
Second time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·James Bonecrusher Smith (6’4.0”) –> UD10
Third time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Tony Tucker (6’5.0”) –> UD12
Fourth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Buster Douglas (6’3.5”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Sixth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Lennox Lewis (6’5.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Seventh time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Kevin McBride (6’6.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed

Now, what he achieved career-wise DESPITE his size is remarkable. But to claim that he would beat every opponent within 1 round (including modern heavyweights like ·Wladimir Klitschko) is simply ignorance of his CAREER FACTS.

The ONLY time Tyson scored a knockout against a taller+better opponent was against ·Lou Savarese (46-6). But that was some strange KO (Tyson was lucky he wasn’t disqualified) and Savarese came from a loss after a 1-year-layoff. So it’s hardly a proof for “Tyson, the Goliath-killer”.

Let’s also quote a trainer who has eyewitnessed both Tyson and Wladimir Klitschko:

Question:
“You have worked with a lot of world class fighters. Is Tyson the hardest puncher you have ever seen or should I say felt?”

Freddie Roach:
“Punch for punch I think Klitschko probably hits a little bit harder but Mike’s much more explosive.”

that was an extract from an Interview with Freddie Roach.

Tyson struggled with guys much worse than Wladimir, such as Bonecrusher Smith. If Wlad employed his hugging style he would have a chance of decisioning him. Tyson is smaller and weaker than Peter, and so Wlad would have an even easier time controlling him in the clinches. Tyson always had trouble with a god jab, even Larry Holmes, who was in the worst professional shape of his life (coming off a two year layoff with no warmup) gave him some trouble for a few rounds with the jab.

The only thing that makes this fight extremely dangerous for Wlad is the chin. It's conceivable he would get blown out by a hook, but unlikely if he fights like he did against Peter.

Tyson was the product of careful matchmaking and a great hype machine; a man who was too reliant on intimidation for his success… He never fought Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield in his prime or even a comebacking George Foreman. That tells you something… Tyson was unproven in his prime.

Look at the cab drivers and crack wh*res Tyson was knocking out to get a title shot… I mean what big name did he beat? A 38 year old Larry Holmes!?? A small and rusty Michael Spinks?! If people are gonna say Rocky Marciano knocked out a past-it Joe Louis…take a long hard look at “devastating” Tyson’s early opponents.
The most amazing thing is that as your a boxing fan:

You must know the story of Mike Tyson.
You must know he stopped training properly at around 20 years old.
You must know that he was an incredible fighter and anyone knocking people out the way he did and beating heavyweights when your undersized is insane.

So therefore, you must know that your entire post was waste of time.
KillEmAll is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #59
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

One must look at this fight from a mental standpoint as well. For those saying Tyson had problems with taller fighters, over 90% of Tyson's opponents were taller than him. He's 50-6, which means he beats taller fighters nearly 90% of the time. So if thats the case, we can say Wlad has problems with shorter fighters. Seeing he was knocked out by Sanders, Purrity, and Brewster, all shorter than him. Not to mention, Peter knocking him down several times.

Wlad seems to get flustered easily, and can be intimidated. Tyson would expose Wlad's fears. We seen how Wlad reacts to aggressive punchers in the past, he tends to melt like a ice-cream cone on a warm july day in California. The guy is great when the fight is at a measured pace, and from a distance. Now when the boxing match turns into a fight, and the fight starts to heat up on the inside. Wlad seems to have no answer for that problem.

I see this fight looking similar to the Sanders fight. Wlad gets blitzed early and is unable to recover. If the fight goes past the 3rd round, I would be shocked. Tyson wins this one with ease, Tyson would be Wlad's worst nightmare.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #60
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5500

Tyson by KO
Hatesrats is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum