boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Dr. Steelhammer vs Iron Mike, who wins?
Tyson by KO 177 72.54%
Klitschko by KO 52 21.31%
Tyson by Decision 2 0.82%
Klitschko by Decision 13 5.33%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #61
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034
Default Re: Wladimir vs Mike Tyson Prime-4-Prime

Easy KO for Mike. He would easily get inside. One clean shot and it's TIMBER!!!
Longcount is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #62
polishstud53
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 790

styles make fights. both klitschkos are top 15 ATGS...simply because of longetivity. vlad hasnt lost in 6 years. vitali in 7... however no fighter without a great chin has a ghost of a chance against tyson. vladimirs game is to keep fighters on the outside, tyson was the MASTER of getting inside...Vlad is probably as good a fighter as tyson in general, but in this fight- tyson knows how to get inside, he does and probably knocks out vlad in 2 rounds. vlad would panic and a similar fight to sanders would ensue. however tyson did have problems with tall fighters with good chins. and for tyson vlad is a dream matchup, but vitali is the nightmare matchup. vitali would outpoint tyson now...and KO tyson in his prime. unfortunately no fighter without a GREAT chin and who doesnt know how to fight on the insidecould beat tyson... prime 4 prime Tyson KO Vlad 2
Vitali KO Tyson 11
polishstud53 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #63
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Why can't Wlad fans owe up and just say Tyson would most likely KO Wlad. It's pretty damn simple and easy really. This is one of those fantasy fights where you could predict Tyson winning at least 9 out of 10 times if they fought (Assuming no wear and tear. Just time travel H2H fantasy matchup with all the possible scenarios). Even that's being generous to Wlad.

Marciano and Frazier are my favorite fighters. But guess what... Tyson would KO/TKO them fairly early too. It's just a styles thing, and I understand and can admit that. Similarly, Marciano would most likely not be able to overcome Foreman. Another bad style matchup.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #64
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Why can't Wlad fans owe up and just say Tyson would most likely KO Wlad. It's pretty damn simple and easy really. This is one of those fantasy fights where you could predict Tyson winning at least 9 out of 10 times if they fought (Assuming no wear and tear. Just time travel H2H fantasy matchup with all the possible scenarios). Even that's being generous to Wlad.

Marciano and Frazier are my favorite fighters. But guess what... Tyson would KO/TKO them fairly early too. It's just a styles thing, and I understand and can admit that. Similarly, Marciano would most likely not be able to overcome Foreman. Another bad style matchup.

You fuken dumb re****.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #65
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Tyson by tko in 3 rds....... Wlad just cant get the jab going
anut is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #66
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterc View Post
tyson was a bum, wlad would ko him with ease.

thats funny
anut is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #67
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Ha he turns the fight down in favour of chisora.

I'm just kidding. The way I see it, tyson beats wlad the vast majority of times. He is too quick and powerful.

Sure there's a chance that wlad catches him first but I think tyson is more likely to land first.

Even being dominated by douglas he still landed a huge shot that would have ended wlad.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #68
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishstud53 View Post
styles make fights. both klitschkos are top 15 ATGS...simply because of longetivity. vlad hasnt lost in 6 years. vitali in 7... however no fighter without a great chin has a ghost of a chance against tyson. vladimirs game is to keep fighters on the outside, tyson was the MASTER of getting inside...Vlad is probably as good a fighter as tyson in general, but in this fight- tyson knows how to get inside, he does and probably knocks out vlad in 2 rounds. vlad would panic and a similar fight to sanders would ensue. however tyson did have problems with tall fighters with good chins. and for tyson vlad is a dream matchup, but vitali is the nightmare matchup. vitali would outpoint tyson now...and KO tyson in his prime. unfortunately no fighter without a GREAT chin and who doesnt know how to fight on the insidecould beat tyson... prime 4 prime Tyson KO Vlad 2
Vitali KO Tyson 11
Lol 4 of them 7 years saw vitali out of the ring. He aint no top 15
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #69
IlPadrino
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What Wlad fans don't seem to realise is that Tyson was knocking out guys at 19-20 years old that Wlad is labouring to beat in his 'prime'. He wasn't just an aggressive fighter, he was a force of friggin' nature. People look at the likes of Wlad and Lewis and think every HW has it in them to peak at 30ish, but the sad fact is that Tyson peaked at 20-22. Tyson had fantastic footwork, head movement and a great chin and it was only after Douglas that people knew that if they could drag him into the later rounds and match him blow for blow, that he would lose confidence. He got to the the point that he thought he could forego defence and go head-hunting, but the Tyson that beat Berbick would do the same to Wlad, only Wlad's chin is average at the very best.

That 'aura of invincibility' people speak of is no myth either, he had grown men in fits before the opening bell, even as a teenager. Wlad is EXACTLY the type of fighter that would be doing the same. I've never seen someone who's constantly mentioned as an ATG look so visibly panicked when tagged as Wlad is, and prime Tyson is the worst kind of fighter for him. I don't dispute Wlad's technical ability, even if I do find him horrible to watch, but no way he keeps Tyson off him for more than 2-3 rounds. Prime Mike already knows Wlad has a dodgy chin, but all prime Wlad sees is his worst nightmare. Vitali has the far better chance against Tyson because we all know he can eat bombs all night, and he's the much wilier fighter.
IlPadrino is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #70
polishstud53
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 790

yes but there are other factors to consider. like highest KO % and such...even the lennox lewis loss...he still showed a good performance against a top 5 atg and was it not for the cut , we never know what couldve happened...
polishstud53 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #71
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishstud53 View Post
yes but there are other factors to consider. like highest KO % and such...even the lennox lewis loss...he still showed a good performance against a top 5 atg and was it not for the cut , we never know what couldve happened...
This thread is about wlad.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #72
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
- There's no way Wlad handles the pressure by just moving back in a straight line

- there's no way a pawing left arm is keeping Tyson at bay

- Tyson's head isn't going to be in the same place to be jabbed off, and once he slips one he's on the inside

- Wlad does not have to inside game to deal with Tyson
Have to agree with this ^. Wald does not have the chin to hang in with Tyson.
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #73
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
BALLER IS HURTING BADLY...

every time someone mentions “Prime Tyson within 1 round” I have to step in and pop the bubble by refreshing the memories:

And although Tyson’s KOloss has been described as “one of the most shocking upsets in modern sports history” it was NOT a fluke: It was because Iron Mike Tyson was in reality Tiny Mike Tyson (5’10”)

Let’s check what happened when Tyson met
BETTER+TALLER (i.e. > 6’3”)opponents:

First time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Mitch Green (6’5.0”) –> UD10
Second time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·James Bonecrusher Smith (6’4.0”) –> UD10
Third time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Tony Tucker (6’5.0”) –> UD12
Fourth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Buster Douglas (6’3.5”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Sixth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Lennox Lewis (6’5.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Seventh time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Kevin McBride (6’6.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed

Now, what he achieved career-wise DESPITE his size is remarkable. But to claim that he would beat every opponent within 1 round (including modern heavyweights like ·Wladimir Klitschko) is simply ignorance of his CAREER FACTS.

The ONLY time Tyson scored a knockout against a taller+better opponent was against ·Lou Savarese (46-6). But that was some strange KO (Tyson was lucky he wasn’t disqualified) and Savarese came from a loss after a 1-year-layoff. So it’s hardly a proof for “Tyson, the Goliath-killer”.

Let’s also quote a trainer who has eyewitnessed both Tyson and Wladimir Klitschko:

Question:
“You have worked with a lot of world class fighters. Is Tyson the hardest puncher you have ever seen or should I say felt?”

Freddie Roach:
“Punch for punch I think Klitschko probably hits a little bit harder but Mike’s much more explosive.”

that was an extract from an Interview with Freddie Roach.

Tyson struggled with guys much worse than Wladimir, such as Bonecrusher Smith. If Wlad employed his hugging style he would have a chance of decisioning him. Tyson is smaller and weaker than Peter, and so Wlad would have an even easier time controlling him in the clinches. Tyson always had trouble with a god jab, even Larry Holmes, who was in the worst professional shape of his life (coming off a two year layoff with no warmup) gave him some trouble for a few rounds with the jab.

The only thing that makes this fight extremely dangerous for Wlad is the chin. It's conceivable he would get blown out by a hook, but unlikely if he fights like he did against Peter.

Tyson was the product of careful matchmaking and a great hype machine; a man who was too reliant on intimidation for his success… He never fought Rid**** Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield in his prime or even a comebacking George Foreman. That tells you something… Tyson was unproven in his prime.

Look at the cab drivers and crack wh*res Tyson was knocking out to get a title shot… I mean what big name did he beat? A 38 year old Larry Holmes!?? A small and rusty Michael Spinks?! If people are gonna say Rocky Marciano knocked out a past-it Joe Louis…take a long hard look at “devastating” Tyson’s early opponents.
Good points. Still Tyson will get inside regardless of your points and then the fight is over. You talk about Tyson not being able to fight outside, what about Wald not being able to fight on the inside? Pls answer that for me.
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #74
Threetime no1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1537

One thing i don't think anyones mentioned is that Tyson had a good jab in his prime too. Put that with fantastic head movement, quick feet, 6/7 punch combinations on the inside, a great chin and destructive power then you have one of the most complete fighting machines the heavyweight division has seen.
I think a lot of people underestimate and forget how good a peak Tyson was.
Wlad is an excellent technical fighter with a gameplan that is hard to break up, but because of his inabilty to act calmly under pressure and incapable it seems to show true fighting instincts, i just don't see him getting the chance to stamp any kind of authority on a peak Tyson. Wlad is an excellent heavy who would trouble a lot of men no doubt, but i don't care how much he has improved or how good he looks at times, i find it virtually impossible to imagine him going two rounds with prime Tyson.
A prime Tyson would be the worst possible matchup for him.
Threetime no1 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #75
Bubby
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
BALLER IS HURTING BADLY...

every time someone mentions “Prime Tyson within 1 round” I have to step in and pop the bubble by refreshing the memories:

And although Tyson’s KOloss has been described as “one of the most shocking upsets in modern sports history” it was NOT a fluke: It was because Iron Mike Tyson was in reality Tiny Mike Tyson (5’10”)

Let’s check what happened when Tyson met
BETTER+TALLER (i.e. > 6’3”)opponents:

First time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Mitch Green (6’5.0”) –> UD10
Second time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·James Bonecrusher Smith (6’4.0”) –> UD10
Third time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Tony Tucker (6’5.0”) –> UD12
Fourth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Buster Douglas (6’3.5”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Sixth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Lennox Lewis (6’5.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Seventh time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Kevin McBride (6’6.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed

Now, what he achieved career-wise DESPITE his size is remarkable. But to claim that he would beat every opponent within 1 round (including modern heavyweights like ·Wladimir Klitschko) is simply ignorance of his CAREER FACTS.

The ONLY time Tyson scored a knockout against a taller+better opponent was against ·Lou Savarese (46-6). But that was some strange KO (Tyson was lucky he wasn’t disqualified) and Savarese came from a loss after a 1-year-layoff. So it’s hardly a proof for “Tyson, the Goliath-killer”.

Let’s also quote a trainer who has eyewitnessed both Tyson and Wladimir Klitschko:

Question:
“You have worked with a lot of world class fighters. Is Tyson the hardest puncher you have ever seen or should I say felt?”

Freddie Roach:
“Punch for punch I think Klitschko probably hits a little bit harder but Mike’s much more explosive.”

that was an extract from an Interview with Freddie Roach.

Tyson struggled with guys much worse than Wladimir, such as Bonecrusher Smith. If Wlad employed his hugging style he would have a chance of decisioning him. Tyson is smaller and weaker than Peter, and so Wlad would have an even easier time controlling him in the clinches. Tyson always had trouble with a god jab, even Larry Holmes, who was in the worst professional shape of his life (coming off a two year layoff with no warmup) gave him some trouble for a few rounds with the jab.

The only thing that makes this fight extremely dangerous for Wlad is the chin. It's conceivable he would get blown out by a hook, but unlikely if he fights like he did against Peter.

Tyson was the product of careful matchmaking and a great hype machine; a man who was too reliant on intimidation for his success… He never fought Rid**** Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield in his prime or even a comebacking George Foreman. That tells you something… Tyson was unproven in his prime.

Look at the cab drivers and crack wh*res Tyson was knocking out to get a title shot… I mean what big name did he beat? A 38 year old Larry Holmes!?? A small and rusty Michael Spinks?! If people are gonna say Rocky Marciano knocked out a past-it Joe Louis…take a long hard look at “devastating” Tyson’s early opponents.
Best post I've seen this week.
Bubby is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum