boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Dr. Steelhammer vs Iron Mike, who wins?
Tyson by KO 177 72.54%
Klitschko by KO 52 21.31%
Tyson by Decision 2 0.82%
Klitschko by Decision 13 5.33%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #61
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 96
Default Re: Wladimir vs Mike Tyson Prime-4-Prime

Tyson by very early stoppage.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #62
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Mike Tyson's leg speed > Wladamir's entire game.

He gets inside Wlad EASILY and pounds him.
pound is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #63
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 104601

Tyson ko one round.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #64
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
He was actually 5'11"1/2, and a respectable 218 lbs. when in shape.

Tyson was 19 years old, facing a fully matured 28 year old man, and won about 9 rounds to 1.

Smith was actually 6'5", 235 lbs, and clinched for most of the fight, losing nearly every round.

Tucker was undefeated 35-0, holding the IBF title, and at 28 years old was in his prime, yet lost 9 rounds to 3. How many prime fighters did wlad face with that combination of size, record, etc?

Totally unfocussed Tyson, who went through a change in management. If your going to make concessions for Steward not being in Wlad's corner for Sanders, then you should do the same for Rooney not being in Tyson's.

Mike was shot for Lewis, and You conveniently omitted Frank Bruno, Carl Williams, Alex Stewart, Razor Ruddock, Andrew Golata and perhaps a few others.

See the above comment.

I agree, and nor do I think he'd beat Wald in " one round". In fact, I would almost pick a peak 1987 version of Tyson to decision Wlad in similar fashion to the way he outpointed another large "safety first" type fighter in Tony Tucker.

I don't really think the Savarese fight has much to do with anything.. Tyson was past his prime and savarese wasn't that good.

Let’s also quote a trainer who has eyewitnessed both Tyson and Wladimir Klitschko:

Question:
“You have worked with a lot of world class fighters. Is Tyson the hardest puncher you have ever seen or should I say felt?”

Power is difficult to gauge, unless you've been hit by both of the fighters, you're comparing, and I have my doubt about Roach getting hit by either.

Again, Tyson didn't struggle with Smith... Smith chose not to fight, and simply hung on for dear life... If Wlad employs the same technique, then he's not coming away with a "W".

See the above comment.

Smaller yes... Weaker, I doubt it.. And Peter has no where near the power, Skill, conditioning, or handspeed that Tyson did... Comparing them is ridiculous.

He also kicked the **** our of a fair number of men who tried to outjab him, whereas Wlad has either struggled or lost to men who got physical with him on the inside.

Agreed, a cautious Wlad would not make for an easy KO win for Tyson.

I think the same could be said for Wlad and then some.. The Klits were very highly hyped upon coming out of the olympics and padded their records heavily for their first 30 fights or so.. In fact, Wlad lost to Purity at a stage in his career, when Tyson had already captured a title.

Did Wlad ever face or beat any men of that Calibur?

You mean kind of like the 38 year old golfer who dropped Wlad in two rounds, or the 23-11 journeyman who wore him out in the 11th?

How about a small, past prime and featherfisted Chris Byrd, or an ancient Ray Austin, or blimp in Sam peter, or a scared a record padded Sultan Ibragimov?
Excellent post and Carl Williams,Andrew Golota,Ruddock,Tyrell Biggs,Jose Ribalta,Frank Bruno were all good tall guys all 6-4 or taller(except Ruddock). All were kod or blitzed.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #65
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

2010 Wlad is much better at controlling aggression (Steward's done his job well). Size and reach difference is going to play a huge role here. Tyson's best chance is in the first 3-4 rounds. If he cannot close it within that time Tyson's legs will be gone from 250 pounds leaning over him for a few rounds and it will become a target practice for Wlad. There is no way that fight is going the distance.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #66
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vlad would knock Tyson out, so would Vitali.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #67
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034

Easy KO for Mike. He would easily get inside. One clean shot and it's TIMBER!!!
Longcount is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #68
polishstud53
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 990

styles make fights. both klitschkos are top 15 ATGS...simply because of longetivity. vlad hasnt lost in 6 years. vitali in 7... however no fighter without a great chin has a ghost of a chance against tyson. vladimirs game is to keep fighters on the outside, tyson was the MASTER of getting inside...Vlad is probably as good a fighter as tyson in general, but in this fight- tyson knows how to get inside, he does and probably knocks out vlad in 2 rounds. vlad would panic and a similar fight to sanders would ensue. however tyson did have problems with tall fighters with good chins. and for tyson vlad is a dream matchup, but vitali is the nightmare matchup. vitali would outpoint tyson now...and KO tyson in his prime. unfortunately no fighter without a GREAT chin and who doesnt know how to fight on the insidecould beat tyson... prime 4 prime Tyson KO Vlad 2
Vitali KO Tyson 11
polishstud53 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #69
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Why can't Wlad fans owe up and just say Tyson would most likely KO Wlad. It's pretty damn simple and easy really. This is one of those fantasy fights where you could predict Tyson winning at least 9 out of 10 times if they fought (Assuming no wear and tear. Just time travel H2H fantasy matchup with all the possible scenarios). Even that's being generous to Wlad.

Marciano and Frazier are my favorite fighters. But guess what... Tyson would KO/TKO them fairly early too. It's just a styles thing, and I understand and can admit that. Similarly, Marciano would most likely not be able to overcome Foreman. Another bad style matchup.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #70
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
Why can't Wlad fans owe up and just say Tyson would most likely KO Wlad. It's pretty damn simple and easy really. This is one of those fantasy fights where you could predict Tyson winning at least 9 out of 10 times if they fought (Assuming no wear and tear. Just time travel H2H fantasy matchup with all the possible scenarios). Even that's being generous to Wlad.

Marciano and Frazier are my favorite fighters. But guess what... Tyson would KO/TKO them fairly early too. It's just a styles thing, and I understand and can admit that. Similarly, Marciano would most likely not be able to overcome Foreman. Another bad style matchup.

You fuken dumb re****.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #71
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tyson by tko in 3 rds....... Wlad just cant get the jab going
anut is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #72
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterc View Post
tyson was a bum, wlad would ko him with ease.

thats funny
anut is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 AM   #73
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Ha he turns the fight down in favour of chisora.

I'm just kidding. The way I see it, tyson beats wlad the vast majority of times. He is too quick and powerful.

Sure there's a chance that wlad catches him first but I think tyson is more likely to land first.

Even being dominated by douglas he still landed a huge shot that would have ended wlad.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #74
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishstud53 View Post
styles make fights. both klitschkos are top 15 ATGS...simply because of longetivity. vlad hasnt lost in 6 years. vitali in 7... however no fighter without a great chin has a ghost of a chance against tyson. vladimirs game is to keep fighters on the outside, tyson was the MASTER of getting inside...Vlad is probably as good a fighter as tyson in general, but in this fight- tyson knows how to get inside, he does and probably knocks out vlad in 2 rounds. vlad would panic and a similar fight to sanders would ensue. however tyson did have problems with tall fighters with good chins. and for tyson vlad is a dream matchup, but vitali is the nightmare matchup. vitali would outpoint tyson now...and KO tyson in his prime. unfortunately no fighter without a GREAT chin and who doesnt know how to fight on the insidecould beat tyson... prime 4 prime Tyson KO Vlad 2
Vitali KO Tyson 11
Lol 4 of them 7 years saw vitali out of the ring. He aint no top 15
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #75
IlPadrino
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What Wlad fans don't seem to realise is that Tyson was knocking out guys at 19-20 years old that Wlad is labouring to beat in his 'prime'. He wasn't just an aggressive fighter, he was a force of friggin' nature. People look at the likes of Wlad and Lewis and think every HW has it in them to peak at 30ish, but the sad fact is that Tyson peaked at 20-22. Tyson had fantastic footwork, head movement and a great chin and it was only after Douglas that people knew that if they could drag him into the later rounds and match him blow for blow, that he would lose confidence. He got to the the point that he thought he could forego defence and go head-hunting, but the Tyson that beat Berbick would do the same to Wlad, only Wlad's chin is average at the very best.

That 'aura of invincibility' people speak of is no myth either, he had grown men in fits before the opening bell, even as a teenager. Wlad is EXACTLY the type of fighter that would be doing the same. I've never seen someone who's constantly mentioned as an ATG look so visibly panicked when tagged as Wlad is, and prime Tyson is the worst kind of fighter for him. I don't dispute Wlad's technical ability, even if I do find him horrible to watch, but no way he keeps Tyson off him for more than 2-3 rounds. Prime Mike already knows Wlad has a dodgy chin, but all prime Wlad sees is his worst nightmare. Vitali has the far better chance against Tyson because we all know he can eat bombs all night, and he's the much wilier fighter.
IlPadrino is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum