Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #32
FastHands(beeb)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: sir henry cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Nonsense.It was a legit knockdown.But the real nuthuggery lies in ALL of the ifs concerning the knockdown and the amount of time that the Cooper fans tack onto the cut glove delay.
Nonsense, eh? Nice to see you have an open mind to other people's opinions...
FastHands(beeb) is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #33
FastHands(beeb)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Your last statement in this thread says it all.Cooper fans routinely tack on even MINUTES to the cut glove delay,but you wrote,"...the only time they give their opposition credit,is if it makes their man Ali look better." Isn't that EXACTLY what Cooper fans do when the say if the knockdown had occered earlier or the cut glove delay took far longer than it actually did?I think Cooper himself claimed it took something like 2 minutes.
My last statement says it all? Says what exactly? Sure, there are Cooper nut-huggers out there...but there are many more Ali nut-huggers out there too.

I didn't mention the alleged additional time anywhere in my original post...and if you read my original post, I also said that "but the punch didn't land earlier, so here we are".

Any fan who claims Ali wasn;t hurt (that may or may not include you), is in denial, imo.

Clinton, with respect, I was merely offering an opinion to balance inferences downplaying the signifance of the KD and the effect it had on Ali during the fight. The level of hurt it caused Ali is significant in Cooper's career because he come closer to many of Ali's opponents to possibly defeating Ali.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #34
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastHands(beeb) View Post
Nonsense, eh? Nice to see you have an open mind to other people's opinions...
Really?How appropriate that you wrote that.So,if someone disagrees with you,then they don't have "an open mind to other people's opinions"?Do you have a mirror?NOBODY denies the significance of the punch.NOBODY.I disagreed and wrote my case.I find it humorous that you would be so closed minded to someone else's opinions simply because they disagreed with you.This is an open boxing forum after all.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
My last statement says it all? Says what exactly? Sure, there are Cooper nut-huggers out there...but there are many more Ali nut-huggers out there too.

I didn't mention the alleged additional time anywhere in my original post...and if you read my original post, I also said that "but the punch didn't land earlier, so here we are".

Any fan who claims Ali wasn;t hurt (that may or may not include you), is in denial, imo.

Clinton, with respect, I was merely offering an opinion to balance inferences downplaying the signifance of the KD and the effect it had on Ali during the fight. The level of hurt it caused Ali is significant in Cooper's career because he come closer to many of Ali's opponents to possibly defeating Ali.
This is a post that I agree with,but it certainly wasn't in the spirit of your earlier post which was as close-minded as any about Ali.I don't rmember anyone on this thread downplaying the significance of that punch.But I guess we all interpret things differently.Cheers.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #36
FastHands(beeb)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Really?How appropriate that you wrote that.So,if someone disagrees with you,then they don't have "an open mind to other people's opinions"?Do you have a mirror?NOBODY denies the significance of the punch.NOBODY.I disagreed and wrote my case.I find it humorous that you would be so closed minded to someone else's opinions simply because they disagreed with you.This is an open boxing forum after all.
Calling another user's opinion "Nonsense"is not exactly open-minded, is it?

Clinton, please see my post number 33 where I have replied in more detail...
Old 06-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #37
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"remember"lol.Typo again.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #38
FastHands(beeb)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
This is a post that I agree with,but it certainly wasn't in the spirit of your earlier post which was as close-minded as any about Ali.I don't rmember anyone on this thread downplaying the significance of that punch.But I guess we all interpret things differently.Cheers.
Clinton,yes, I guess we all do interpret things differently...there are certainly no hard feelings on my part toward you mate...
Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #39
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Calling another user's opinion "Nonsense"is not exactly open-minded, is it?

Clinton, please see my post number 33 where I have replied in more detail...
The post was nonsense because you claim Ali fans only give credit to an opponent when they make Ali look better.That's nonsense.If you are offended by that statement,so be it.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #40
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Clinton,yes, I guess we all do interpret things differently...there are certainly no hard feelings on my part toward you mate...
Yes.Believe me I did not mean to offend.If I did,so be it.But I can assure you that that was not my intention.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #41
FastHands(beeb)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The post was nonsense because you claim Ali fans only give credit to an opponent when they make Ali look better.That's nonsense.If you are offended by that statement,so be it.
I said "some" Ali fans, I don't mean All.

I think we are probably cross-posting now mate...I think we should leave it here, other posters may think we are having a "domestic"!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #42
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I said "some" Ali fans, I don't mean All.

I think we are probably cross-posting now mate...I think we should leave it here, other posters may think we are having a "domestic"!!!
LOL
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #43
choklab
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake View Post
you kno that cooper stayed away from chuvalo even though he was the top contender for the commonwealth title for years.
coopers manager said he wasn't putting henry in the ring with brawlers like chuvalo and liston among others..
Cooper was offered 10,000 to fight chuvalo in toronto at a time when he was getting 50,000 per fight in London so fighting chuvalo was a no brainer since chuvalo was never rated any higher in thw world rankings than cooper anyway.

Henry would have dealt with chuvalo quite easily, he prefered to fight bigger slower fighters.

In 1959 ingo beat machen, cooper beat folley and London beat pastrano. Liston and Patterson were the best around but during this period the euro heavyweights were as good as any other american contenders during this Patterson era.
choklab is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #44
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Brian London, joe erskine, dick richardson, Urtain, mildenburger and joe bygraves are dismissed simply for not beng American. Each (at their best) were rated and at least on par with any of the losing title chalengers patterson and ali faced between 1957-67.
An over the hill Nino Valdes knocked out most of these euro gooftroopers
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
choklab
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
An over the hill Nino Valdes knocked out most of these euro gooftroopers
Then machen, folley and miteff beat valdes and they would lose to said "gooftroopers"...

Cooper, london and mildenburger beat machen, folley and miteff. does that make them gooftroopers too?

Last edited by choklab; 06-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.
choklab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum