Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

The Young that befuddled and outpointed Ron Lyle vs the Frazier that beat Ali.

Who takes it?
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,810
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime



And after I did what I did for you yesterday.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

****ing hell, boxed ears, if you don't like young or don't want to post in these fantasy matches, then DONT.

I already know your opinion.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Young wins a few of the early rounds, and is then put completely on the defensive by Frazier who scores a convincing UD over the survival artist.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,810
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

It has nothing to do with not liking him. It's just that this is a silly, silly, silly, silly match-up. Non-competitive win for Frazier because Jimmy Young was simply never close to being a great fighter and his power would make Frazier laugh hysterically as he tore him a new asshole all night long. Jimmy Young has absolutely nothing to trouble Frazier and is at a severe and comical disadvantage.


Fraziiiiiieeeeer Hooooook!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Lobotomy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 632
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Joe's going for the body here, and he had considerably more consistent hustle than Norton. Clear UD for Smoke, who was also a good deal faster than Lyle.
Lobotomy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Young wins a few of the early rounds, and is then put completely on the defensive by Frazier who scores a convincing UD over the survival artist.
This is pretty much how I see it, but Young will still have his moments in the later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
It has nothing to do with not liking him. It's just that this is a silly, silly, silly, silly match-up. Non-competitive win for Frazier because Jimmy Young was simply never close to being a great fighter and his power would make Frazier laugh hysterically as he tore him a new asshole all night long. Jimmy Young has absolutely nothing to trouble Frazier and is at a severe and comical disadvantage.
Fraziiiiiieeeeer Hooooook!
It's not silly at all. Outboxing a big puncher like Lyle means he should be able to take Frazier's shots consistently or at least avoid a lot of them. It is competetive in the first rounds. Young had respectable power and stunned lyle numerous times in their fight, and he stunned Norton too. Young would have his moments, even down the stretch of the fight because of his skill and counterpunching.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Il Duce
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

I do like Jimmy,,,,,,,,,,but this reminds me of Smokin Joe versus Jimmy Ellis.

One those monster left hooks are getting in.

Now the 1975 version of Joe,,,,,,,a closer fight that Joe would win by decision.
Il Duce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,810
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
This is pretty much how I see it, but Young will still have his moments in the later rounds.



It's not silly at all. Outboxing a big puncher like Lyle means he should be able to take Frazier's shots consistently or at least avoid a lot of them. It is competetive in the first rounds. Young had respectable power and stunned lyle numerous times in their fight, and he stunned Norton too. Young would have his moments, even down the stretch of the fight because of his skill and counterpunching.
There's an enormous gulf in class between a prime Joe Frazier and an any version of Ron Lyle or the versions of Norton, Foreman and Ali that Young faced. Enormous gulf. Young's getting his ass beat badly in this one if he wants to try to win it. If he doesn't then he just loses lop-sidedly without as much ass beating. Regardless, Young=beaten ass in this. It would be embarrassing. It's a terrible, terrible, silly, silly match-up. Terrible and silly. Terrilly, that's what it is. Sillible. It's a sad, silly, terrible, awful, horrible, horriawful, sillible, embarabaddical, lousy, pathetic, cringe-worthy fight. I seriously need to invent words for it, it's so bad.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 85
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

76-77 or really just post-Manila favors Jimmy. FOTC or maybe even the Joe of 72 favors Frazier. Frazier at his best would outwork Young but would get beaten in 76-77 by Young. Prime for prime I'm going with Frazier to outhustle Young to a decision. Young toke big shots from Foreman but never got token out by him so I don't see him getting stopped by Frazier either.
techks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
There's an enormous gulf in class between a prime Joe Frazier and an any version of Ron Lyle or the versions of Norton, Foreman and Ali that Young faced. Enormous gulf. Young's getting his ass beat badly in this one if he wants to try to win it. If he doesn't then he just loses lop-sidedly without as much ass beating. Regardless, Young=beaten ass in this. It would be embarrassing. It's a terrible, terrible, silly, silly match-up. Terrible and silly. Terrilly, that's what it is. Sillible. It's a sad, silly, terrible, awful, horrible, horriawful, sillible, embarabaddical, lousy, pathetic, cringe-worthy fight. I seriously need to invent words for it, it's so bad.
nope go watch more young obviously you don't have a good grasp on his prime or skills. The lyle comparison is to show to you young could take a shot and he's not getting stopped. legit I think he wins a good number of rounds and loses
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,810
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
76-77 or really just post-Manila favors Jimmy. FOTC or maybe even the Joe of 72 favors Frazier. Frazier at his best would outwork Young but would get beaten in 76-77 by Young. Prime for prime I'm going with Frazier to outhustle Young to a decision. Young toke big shots from Foreman but never got token out by him so I don't see him getting stopped by Frazier either.
Young took shots from a much slower, blunter puncher in Foreman who was severely dehydrated and almost died after the fight and couldn't keep landing over the course of the fight, yes. That would have no bearing on the utter consistent hammering to the head and body Young would get whenever he stayed around long enough to try and score points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
nope go watch more young obviously you don't have a good grasp on his prime or skills. The lyle comparison is to show to you young could take a shot and he's not getting stopped. legit I think he wins a good number of rounds and loses
I've watched too much Young already. If I wanted to torture myself, I'd go watch Klitschko/Ibragimov and shove needles into my plonker while sitting on a curling iron. Taking a shot from a limited and overrated puncher and taking hundreds of shots (oh, yes, hundred) from one of the greatest and most aggressive inside fighting punchers to ever live is not even in the same territory. The comparison is void of meaning.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #13
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 85
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Young took shots from a much slower, blunter puncher in Foreman who was severely dehydrated and almost died after the fight and couldn't keep landing over the course of the fight, yes. That would have no bearing on the utter consistent hammering to the head and body Young would get whenever he stayed around long enough to try and score points.
Foreman was still a killer in '77 and almost toke Young out in the 7th round. Much credit to Young for surviving that and winning the fight. Young did much better against Foreman than Frazier did but that's a case for styles making fights. I think Frazier would never beat a prime George but was very capable of beating Jimmy though he would look silly at times. Young had problems with Norton and Norton's bodypunching helped make the fight close and Norton was never the bodypuncher Frazier was. Against one of greatest inside/pressure/body punchers in Frazier I think Frazier beats Young prime for prime. Why do you hate Young?
techks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,810
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Foreman was still a killer in '77 and almost toke Young out in the 7th round. Much credit to Young for surviving that and winning the fight. Young did much better against Foreman than Frazier did but that's a case for styles making fights. I think Frazier would never beat a prime George but was very capable of beating Jimmy though he would look silly at times. Young had problems with Norton and Norton's bodypunching helped make the fight close and Norton was never the bodypuncher Frazier was. Against one of greatest inside/pressure/body punchers in Frazier I think Frazier beats Young prime for prime. Why do you hate Young?
Who hates Jimmy Young? Not me. I have no hate for Jimmy Young at all. I just think he's been extraordinarily overrated here. Foreman was a very, life-threateningly dehydrated killer in '77. I agree. Credit to Young for surviving Desiccate Foreman.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,339
vCash: 102
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs Joe Frazier Prime for Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Who hates Jimmy Young? Not me. I have no hate for Jimmy Young at all. I just think he's been extraordinarily overrated here. Foreman was a very, life-threateningly dehydrated killer in '77. I agree. Credit to Young for surviving Desiccate Foreman.
stop lieing
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013