boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Floyd- The "There is No Money in a Cotto Fight" Theory Has Just Been Proven Wrong

Cotto vs. Mosely = 400,000 buys.

So I suppose there is money in a Cotto fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
acb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Default Re: Floyd- The "There is No Money in a Cotto Fight" Theory Has Just Been Proven Wrong

It was a get-out clause,disguised as business.better to say its bad business than,'im reluctant to fight this guy'
no way floyd fights cotto.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Default Re: Floyd- The "There is No Money in a Cotto Fight" Theory Has Just Been Proven Wrong

That's it.

I'm tired of Floyd's ***got boys. I want to see him get beat.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #4
MakeoverMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal
It was a get-out clause,disguised as business.better to say its bad business than,'im reluctant to fight this guy'
no way floyd fights cotto.
Off course he fights Cotto and kicks his ass.. What he is doing is building up that fight by saying he is not interested -> making people want it more -> then more people will want to pay more money for the fight! . Here is the most likely scenario that we will see after he gets rid of Hatton:
1. He will fight DLH if DLH is available, if not he will fight Mosley
2. If he fights Mosley in his first fight after Hatton then he will again try get a fight with DLH if DLH is willing to take it.
3. Then he kicks Cotto ass
MakeoverMan is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
BoardBULLY
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

that guy kevin iole is a douche.. was he saying cotto mosley failed to delivery. ppv wise?
BoardBULLY is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

i hope floyd fights Cotto next PLEASE boxing god!!!!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeoverMan
Off course he fights Cotto and kicks his ass.. What he is doing is building up that fight by saying he is not interested -> making people want it more -> then more people will want to pay more money for the fight! . Here is the most likely scenario that we will see after he gets rid of Hatton:
2. If he fights Mosley in his first fight after Hatton then he will again try get a fight with DLH if DLH is willing to take it.
thanks.thats perfectly clear.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
Rickypr18
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeoverMan
You are a genius in your own world...
Rickypr18 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

very nice, Floyd can't use the "no money" deal to get out of a Cotto fight. And personally I hope Floyd gets his ass kicked by Hatton, just because I think Hatton will have the ***** to achieve ultimate greatness and fight Cotto.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

440k if you count the puerto rico ppv buys that was over 40k alone. Good for Cotto is becoming a star. and not only that he sells out the Madison Square garden over 20k.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #11
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Floyd doesn't want Cotto for any money in the world, let's face it. Floyd took Gatti cause Arturo had lost to Manfredi before and Floyd beat Manfredi, took Zab when he lost to Baldomir and Tata when and after he beat Zab and it always has worked this way. The high risk Floyd had stepping up to 154 lbs against Hoya was highly diminuished by Hoya's inactivity and age... So I say that in case he overcomes Hatton ( even in controversial fashion), Floyd takes Mosley next, that would follow the matchmakin pattern he, Big L and Roger have chosen.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

What's wrong with people on this site? First off, all the is article says is that the author claims that Arum claims that the fight did 400k buys. Nowhere does the author even state if he even got this information first hand from Arum or second hand from a 3rd party.

Second, Floyd says alot of **** that isn't true. He says alot of people aren't worthy opponents of his. Hell, he said Hatton wasn't good enough to be his sparring partner. Why the uproar over him avoiding Cotto when he hasn't even fought Hatton yet? And why are Floyd fans being attacked? I don't remember seeing many Floyd supporters write that he shouldn't fight Cotto. In fact, when the person who started this thread started another thread asking Floyd fans if Floyd should fight Cotto, there were very few if any respsonses stating that he shouldn't fight Cotto.

Third, Cotto is the one talkin about fighting another Floyd leftover. Face it, all of these guys are about money. They will fight whoever brings in the most money. If Cotto has the choice between Floyd and Oscar you can guarentee he's going to chose Oscar. On the flip side, if Floyd continues to fight, he will definately fight Cotto if it makes financial sense.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #13
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Floyd doesn't want Cotto for any money in the world, let's face it. Floyd took Gatti cause Arturo had lost to Manfredi before and Floyd beat Manfredi, took Zab when he lost to Baldomir and Tata when and after he beat Zab and it always has worked this way. The high risk Floyd had stepping up to 154 lbs against Hoya was highly diminuished by Hoya's inactivity and age... So I say that in case he overcomes Hatton ( even in controversial fashion), Floyd takes Mosley next, that would follow the matchmakin pattern he, Big L and Roger have chosen.
i hate to say it but man....this is what i was thinking as well and i sure hope it doesnt happen.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #14
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

I don't know why people take everything fighters and promoters say so seriously.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
What's wrong with people on this site? First off, all the is article says is that the author claims that Arum claims that the fight did 400k buys. Nowhere does the author even state if he even got this information first hand from Arum or second hand from a 3rd party.

Second, Floyd says alot of **** that isn't true. He says alot of people aren't worthy opponents of his. Hell, he said Hatton wasn't good enough to be his sparring partner. Why the uproar over him avoiding Cotto when he hasn't even fought Hatton yet? And why are Floyd fans being attacked? I don't remember seeing many Floyd supporters write that he shouldn't fight Cotto. In fact, when the person who started this thread started another thread asking Floyd fans if Floyd should fight Cotto, there were very few if any respsonses stating that he shouldn't fight Cotto.

Third, Cotto is the one talkin about fighting another Floyd leftover. Face it, all of these guys are about money. They will fight whoever brings in the most money. If Cotto has the choice between Floyd and Oscar you can guarentee he's going to chose Oscar. On the flip side, if Floyd continues to fight, he will definately fight Cotto if it makes financial sense.
fact as Cotto said he wont fight Margo if the money aint right.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum