Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,568
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

It is probably fair to say that any fighter post 1960 whose resume can withstand my scrutiny has to be prety good.

Ali is a fighter whose resume thrives under my scrutiny.

Last edited by janitor; 02-22-2011 at 05:17 PM.
janitor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
It is probably fair to say that any fighter post 1960 whose resume can withstand my scrutiny has to be prety good.

Ali is a fighter whose resume thrives under my scrutiny.
That's only because you've failed to see the greatness of Cooper and ***iness of Norton.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
That's only because you've failed to see the greatness of Cooper and ***iness of Norton.
janitor is notorious for underrating the ***iness of post-war fighters, it's shameful
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #19
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
janitor is notorious for underrating the ***iness of post-war fighters, it's shameful
Yeah. He goes as far as ranking Gans as a ***ier fighter than PBF. Madness. Pretty Boy's superiorty is ridicously clear from avalaible footage:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bokaj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

black fighters really liked to straighten their hair back in the day didn't they? robinson, louis, gans etc. looked pretty cool must admit.
goat15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
reznick
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat15 View Post
black fighters really liked to straighten their hair back in the day didn't they? robinson, louis, gans etc. looked pretty cool must admit.

I think it was called conk


Ever seen "X"? lol, sink not included
reznick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #22
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20,568
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
janitor is notorious for underrating the ***iness of post-war fighters, it's shameful
Joking aside, my point stands.

Roy Jones dosn't fare so well under my scrutiny for example.
janitor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #23
goat15
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznick View Post
I think it was called conk


Ever seen "X"? lol, sink not included
yeah

robinson was the goat in this category too in my opinion. his hair moved during fights, made him seem like even more of a savage!

but then louis stalked his prey and that side parting never moved... hmmm it's a difficult call.
goat15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,174
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
Joking aside, my point stands.

Roy Jones dosn't fare so well under my scrutiny for example.
I agree. It is possible that Jones was the best fighter ever at his peak, but he doesn't have the wins to prove it.

There are two things that separates them:

1. For the majority of his career (and, crucially, the legacy building part of it) Ali fought everyone that was there to fight. Jones didn't.

2. Ali aged better in a way. He adapted his style better, could fall back on fundamentals to a higher degree (just envision Roy with as little left as Ali had against Berbick - he would be more or less helpless).
Bokaj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #25
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,609
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

WOW!!! Ive seen the light! How wrong could i have been?

In fairness though, ken norton did have a charge at a prime susan george in 'Mandingo' thus cementing his hearthrob/lothario status
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #26
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
WOW!!! Ive seen the light! How wrong could i have been?

In fairness though, ken norton did have a charge at a prime susan george in 'Mandingo' thus cementing his hearthrob/lothario status
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
Joking aside, my point stands.

Roy Jones dosn't fare so well under my scrutiny for example.
agreed and from what i've seen, that scrutiny extends to fighters of all eras. it's the generational bias that creeps onto the classic that we're laughing at
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #28
sirhenrycooper6
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

thank u 4 posting my epic vid.

much appreciated m8. the truth must b spread about clay. clay is a man who could not beat 1 Doug jones who imo he lost 2.

Cooper was British's best next to lennox Lewis. he shud hav stopped clay if the fight was fought in one modern era. Cooper wud have been the greatest British boxer o all time and clay wud have been embarrassed for all the garbage that bloke talked.

Cooper deserves mor credit.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #29
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhenrycooper6 View Post
thank u 4 posting my epic vid.

much appreciated m8. the truth must b spread about clay. clay is a man who could not beat 1 Doug jones who imo he lost 2.

Cooper was British's best next to lennox Lewis. he shud hav stopped clay if the fight was fought in one modern era. Cooper wud have been the greatest British boxer o all time and clay wud have been embarrassed for all the garbage that bloke talked.

Cooper deserves mor credit.
there is a brilliant contingent of british posters such as 46and0, bailey and headbanger. i think you'll get along just fine with them
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #30
sirhenrycooper6
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Cassius Clay: THE FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
there is a brilliant contingent of british posters such as 46and0, bailey and headbanger. i think you'll get along just fine with them
thank u friend. do they like Cooper? Cooper a murderous vicious hitter and an underrated technican
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013