boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #46
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Ali untouchable as far as criticism goes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Rocky is defeneded every bit as much as Ali I think.

Mhmm, I donīt know. Just look here on ESB: Some here wrote, that Marciano would lose to SMW like Calzaghe or Mundine. A genius poster named Homicidal Hank said that every non shot +200 lbs black fighter would beat him, etc., I never read such things about Ali, so IMO with Muhammad itīs even worse...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #47
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
You´re now exactly like one of the posters MDWC mentioned. Just because I wrote, that some fans overact with him, and crank up the usual Ali- propaganda, doesn´t automatically mean that I don´t like him. The only thing I don´t like about Ali is, SOME of his nuthugging fans. Get it now? And to Marciano: 49-0-0, that´s all what it need to be said. He beat all challenges he had to fight, and he won always in spectacular fashion (never needed the judges, KO´d so many ranked fighters, etc.), he doesn´t need nuthugging (although there are also many like from every ATG- fighter)...
Thanks for proving my point.

I didn't defend Ali once, and I didn't have a go at Marciano. But look at what you reply with. And for the record, everyone knows you don't like Ali.
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #48
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey
I'm feeling the love for Kenny ****** MDWC

I'm a ****** Hugger and proud of it.

Back on the hugging subject. I don't want this one to unearth the beast that is Pepping It and Co, but posters that defend Duran for his 'no mas' has to be the height of all-time 'huggery' for me.*

* Running it close is CMC III scoring Ali a winner over Berbick.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #49
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire_508
Thanks for proving my point.

Youīre welcome!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #50
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
I'm a ****** Hugger and proud of it.

Back on the hugging subject. I don't want this one to unearth the beast that is Pepping It and Co, but posters that defend Duran for his 'no mas' has to be the height of all-time 'huggery' for me.*

* Running it close is CMC III scoring Ali a winner over Berbick.
He probably scored also the Ali- Holmes fight as a draw until the stoppage from Aliīs corner...
Old 11-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #51
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Youīre welcome!
Ahahahahahahaa
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #52
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ahahahahahahaa

Laugh better about your comment...
Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #53
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wae Petes
No fighter is I wouldn't say. It depends on the quality of the posters posting. Guys in the General Forum would never dare bash Ali, SRR, etc because they think it would damage their credibility, and they don't know enough about them. People with more knowledge of fighters realize there is more to criticize.

But what most even here don't seem to realize is that once studied enough, every fighter can be criticized.
Well said!

I face this same problem when I expose the talented but vastly overrated Ray Leonard. The man didn't have anywhere near the career Ali had though he did his best to parallel his accomplishments although against different opponents.

People in the classic section go to great lengths to defend him, fabricating even and just plain lying through their teeth while ignoring the obvious flaws.

I mean just today, you had some nut trying to debate with me that leonard stalled his career until he could no longer contain the urge to return to the ring all the while ignoring the fact that Leonard made it public that he nearly quit after his first tough fight with Willie Rodriguez and had to be talked out of retiring following his loss to Duran.

i says to myself "who the hell does this moron think he's talking to and what's his point in trying to debate someone he knows is not only only smarter than himself but more knowledgable about the sport?"

This is the kind of the knowledge you were referring to that allows me to freely criticize leonard while the groupies like John Thomas who is constantly afraid to say anything unpopular, will never speak his true thoughts. He's a man pleaser and because of this he never has anything valuable to share. He just plays follow the leader every single day.

As for Ali, he isn't above reproach but there's one thing you can't say which is he never ducked anyone and he never waited for another fighter to dry up into a complete shell. His style didn't really impress me all that much though.
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #54
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
I'm quite happy that that story is BS.

I have an interview from 1967 where Ali alludes to still having the medal. He described his future home as having a basement where he keeps all his "fight films, trophies and gold medal". But nothing to suggest he'd flung it. The river episode is not mentioned in Jose Torres' most fine Sting Like A Bee or in Larry Bornstein's 'effort' just called Ali either.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #55
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Rooster: legend. Even as one of his foes I have to admit that.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #56
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Laugh better about your comment...
I'm sorry that doesn't make sense.

I just find it funny that you replied with a defense of Marciano (after I didn't even say anything negative about him), after all of this talk by you of Ali "huggers" rushing to his defence at every opportunity. Hypocrit? Yes.
Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #57
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm sorry that doesn't make sense.

I just find it funny that you replied with a defense of Marciano (after I didn't even say anything negative about him), after all of this talk by you of Ali "huggers" rushing to his defence at every opportunity. Hypocrit? Yes.

Donīt make you sillier than you perhaps are. You charged me indirectly as a Marciano- nuthugger, and I responded that his record speaks for itself...

Last edited by jobese; 09-22-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #58
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
I have an interview from 1967 where Ali alludes to still having the medal. He described his future home as having a basement where he keeps all his "fight films, trophies and gold medal". But nothing to suggest he'd flung it. The river episode is not mentioned in Jose Torres' most fine Sting Like A Bee or in Larry Bornstein's 'effort' just called Ali either.
I'm pretty sure that he told Kram that he had "lost it" a long time ago. I belive that. If he still had it, that chick he's ended up with would have wheeled it out by now.

Joyce Carole Oats or whatever, she buys the original story hook, line and sinker, copy of angling time.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #59
Jbuz
Belt folder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Donīt make you sillier than you perhaps are.

I don't speak jibberish.

Quote:
You charged me indirectly as a Marciano- nuthugger, and I responded that his record speaks for itself...
I never implied you were a Marciano nuthugger, although I do think you are. I merely used Marciano as another example of a fighter with fans who immediately defend him at the first sign of criticism, which you subsequently substantiated.

Like I said. Hypocrit.

Jbuz is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #60
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:

I don't speak jibberish.

I never implied you were a Marciano nuthugger, although I do think you are. I merely used Marciano as another example of a fighter with fans who immediately defend him at the first sign of criticism, which you subsequently substantiated.

Like I said. Hypocrit.

OK, before you cry now, I apologize, I just do so if I wouldnīt have noticed your indirectly side blow...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum