Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
Langford
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Povetkin Chambers location.

Should be announced in the next week or so, according to the Povetkin website. I really can't see this happening anywhere other than Berlin. I thought, for a time, that there would be a chance for it to be in the US, but I think that the money is just going to be too good in Berlin. Dan Goosen and Sauerland will be discussing/bidding on purses and location.

My guess? Max Schmeling Halle in Berlin sometime around the middle of February. Any thoughts or inside info?
Langford is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
badreader
black suite, black tie

Default Re: Povetkin Chambers location.

Russia will be a good place too. Moscow that is. Tons of money
badreader is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

PLease!!!

Stateside!!

Povetkin wants to move forward and increase value?? Thats done stateside at this point.
This makes a great fight for Showtime on a PPV or Main event Show box

We're serving Pennsylvanian Povetkin a local dish for all you out there. A tasty, international dish
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 06:00 AM   #4
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

HBO wants to buy the fight - regardless of the location...

My guess: HBO BAD...2nd weekend of February...

Last edited by Tom_Tocca; 11-17-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I pray that this fight is on HBO and I really hope it is in the U.S. Americans don't know Chambers though, so I don't know if it will be. If they can't get a U.S. venue I hope it's in Russia.
huki is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
I pray that this fight is on HBO and I really hope it is in the U.S. Americans don't know Chambers though, so I don't know if it will be. If they can't get a U.S. venue I hope it's in Russia.
HBO probably will pick it up, imagine how bad it would be for them if Klitschko got stopped by Povetkin and no one really knew him? That said the fight will most likely be in Germany given how much of a TV success Povetkin was there in the Byrd fight. 5.01 million people tuned in, I think the idea of it being in the Max Schmeling Halle is probably right.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #7
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
HBO probably will pick it up, imagine how bad it would be for them if Klitschko got stopped by Povetkin and no one really knew him? That said the fight will most likely be in Germany given how much of a TV success Povetkin was there in the Byrd fight. 5.01 million people tuned in, I think the idea of it being in the Max Schmeling Halle is probably right.
No way its in Germany Far too biased and correct decsion challenged

This is THE OPPORTUNITY for Povetkin to make himself known to the US Base.The winner gets a shot at Klitschko so HBO buying it makes sense, stateside fits the bill, and one of the two keeps climbing.

It seems to me that Povetkin is getting the press based on the Olympic Gold. There's no doubt in my mind, that this might have been the final match up had Chambers decided to remain amateur and pursue the Olympics in 2004. Instead? They took an opportunity to grow his craft as a pro in the Philly environment. Nothing wrong with it either

These are two young, similarly styled, undefeated, and hungry HW's who are earning a shot at THE Champ. It's gonna be entertaining.

Chambers!! Get focused, get ready, and take it this is what you've been working so long for

I smell UPSET
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
No way its in Germany Far too biased and correct decsion challenged

This is THE OPPORTUNITY for Povetkin to make himself known to the US Base.The winner gets a shot at Klitschko so HBO buying it makes sense, stateside fits the bill, and one of the two keeps climbing.

It seems to me that Povetkin is getting the press based on the Olympic Gold. There's no doubt in my mind, that this might have been the final match up had Chambers decided to remain amateur and pursue the Olympics in 2004. Instead? They took an opportunity to grow his craft as a pro in the Philly environment. Nothing wrong with it either

These are two young, similarly styled, undefeated, and hungry HW's who are earning a shot at THE Champ. It's gonna be entertaining.

Chambers!! Get focused, get ready, and take it this is what you've been working so long for

I smell UPSET
Except that Chambers wasn't at super heavy in the ams now was he? There are plenty of biased decisions every where, Germany does not have a monopoly on them, and Germany is where the most money is unless the fight is put on the Klitschko vs. Ibragimov undercard. Their styles aren't similar, and to be frank I see the talk of Germany and biased decisions as being a ready made copout for Eddie if he gets dominated in Germany. Having seen Eddie's fight with Brock I simply don't see what he brings to the table vs. Povetkin. However from the Byrd fight I see Povetkin brings a lot to the table against Chambers.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Except that Chambers wasn't at super heavy in the ams now was he? There are plenty of biased decisions every where, Germany does not have a monopoly on them, and Germany is where the most money is unless the fight is put on the Klitschko vs. Ibragimov undercard. Their styles aren't similar, and to be frank I see the talk of Germany and biased decisions as being a ready made copout for Eddie if he gets dominated in Germany. Having seen Eddie's fight with Brock I simply don't see what he brings to the table vs. Povetkin. However from the Byrd fight I see Povetkin brings a lot to the table against Chambers.
Now that would be something

The fight will be in Germany, no doubt. Povetkin will beat up Chambers en route to Waldo. Which I hate, my heart says Povetkin my brains say Wladdy boy.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ
Now that would be something

The fight will be in Germany, no doubt. Povetkin will beat up Chambers en route to Waldo. Which I hate, my heart says Povetkin my brains say Wladdy boy.
My heart says Povetkin and my brain says he stands a much better chance than many are giving him.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
My heart says Povetkin and my brain says he stands a much better chance than many are giving him.
I agree. He knows how to apply pressure, has an extensive amateur carreer which gives him experience, and wladdy is and will always be chinny. Chinny enough to respect Povetkins power. Wlad may be fighting scared. It all depends on how frequent Waldo's jab connects with Sasha IMO. He has a good chance, and although I like both fighters I want Povetkin to get the belts.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langford
Should be announced in the next week or so, according to the Povetkin website. I really can't see this happening anywhere other than Berlin. I thought, for a time, that there would be a chance for it to be in the US, but I think that the money is just going to be too good in Berlin. Dan Goosen and Sauerland will be discussing/bidding on purses and location.

My guess? Max Schmeling Halle in Berlin sometime around the middle of February. Any thoughts or inside info?

I will be happy to watch Povetkin vs Chambers live in Germany's capital.
Of course for reasons of markebility Povetkin should fight his American opponent on American soil.However,I for my part will call myself a lucky man if their fight is staged in Germany's capital.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #13
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well I hope it takes place on the Klitschko vs. Ibragimov under card as the chief support.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #14
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Absolutely no cop out But seriously the hometown decision is a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER.

I'm not advocating Pittsburgh or Philadelphia which is Chambers background. It should be a neutral location.

Chambers turned Pro at 18 and like I said if he had pursued more amateur achievement he may likely have gotten it. Considering the 13 lb difference in Chambers 213 1/2 and Povetkin 226 and 1/2 its not as though Povetkin is a 250 SHW.

Chambers aint Byrd He's better and so's his style Povetkin's ability will actually bring out more. I dont expect Povetkin to run as brock began doing. But he will be suprised

Cant wait for this fight, keep it neutral and may the best man WIN
C Money is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #15
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Well I hope it takes place on the Klitschko vs. Ibragimov under card as the chief support.
That makes the most sense to me ...
UKITAZ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum