Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Dropping weight, fat.

I need some help here, it seems like i hit a brickwall.. Im down to 130, comfortable at the weight, and i look good...(5'6) But i want to get down to 120, and i think if i did id be in better shape, whats the best way to get down to there?

Interval, Old School Cardio? Both?

Lately i've been doing interval stuff, havent been able to do any boxing for a few weeks due to a muscle strain in my back, but i've been doing burpees, skipping, running, a little bit of light shadowboxing and calisthenetics(did i massacre the spelling of that?) fine..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Default Re: Dropping weight, fat.

Sounds like you are doing the right things. If you think you can safely lose another 10 pounds (I'd aim for 5 and see how you feel) then adjust your diet and increase your activity.

What is your diet like right now? If you are already eating healthy you may just need to cut a couple hundred calories and increase your running a bit.
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
Sounds like you are doing the right things. If you think you can safely lose another 10 pounds (I'd aim for 5 and see how you feel) then adjust your diet and increase your activity.

What is your diet like right now? If you are already eating healthy you may just need to cut a couple hundred calories and increase your running a bit.
I eat a turkey sub with cheese, lettuce, tomato on wheat, usually come home to a yogurt or granola bar, than a dinner with chicken or steak (sounds like bullshit but thats pretty much all my family ever cooks).. I usually eat a salad, or bowl of soup right before dinner as well, to keep myself from pigging out at dinner.

For Drinks, i drink water, milk and tea most of the time..

Slip up maybe once or twice a week with a peice of pizza or a couple sodas..

5 Sounds better now that i think of it, im actually not really fat all, just feel im not in peak shape.. (I guess you figured that with my height and weight..)
Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Well, people come in all shapes and sizes so your height/weight ratio doesn't really matter. But you did say that you aren't in the best shape you can be in. It sounds like you are eating right so my advice would be to add a bit more running or some other cardio into your week. Take it slow and aim for 5 pounds. If you work at getting in better shape and watch that you don't start pigging out, you'll probably lose those 5 pounds in a month.
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
Well, people come in all shapes and sizes so your height/weight ratio doesn't really matter. But you did say that you aren't in the best shape you can be in. It sounds like you are eating right so my advice would be to add a bit more running or some other cardio into your week. Take it slow and aim for 5 pounds. If you work at getting in better shape and watch that you don't start pigging out, you'll probably lose those 5 pounds in a month.
Aight, thanks for the advice.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentMatt
I need some help here, it seems like i hit a brickwall.. Im down to 130, comfortable at the weight, and i look good...(5'6) But i want to get down to 120, and i think if i did id be in better shape, whats the best way to get down to there?

Interval, Old School Cardio? Both?

Lately i've been doing interval stuff, havent been able to do any boxing for a few weeks due to a muscle strain in my back, but i've been doing burpees, skipping, running, a little bit of light shadowboxing and calisthenetics(did i massacre the spelling of that?) fine..

Why don't you just into boxing shape and let your body weight whatever it wants?
ralphc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing