Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #76
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox lewis vs George Foreman - Physical strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
oliver mccall said that buster douglas, tyson and bert coopert were harder punchers than lewis... holyfield said that even OLD foreman was harder puncher than bowe, lewis , tyson, tua....
I've been near ringside for Bowe, Lewis, Tyson and Holy. I damn sure am convinced Lewis was the hardest of those punchers.
Seamus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #77
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenera View Post
without gloves or with mma gloves foreman would need only a single shot to knock fedor out. of course in the floor it is all of fedor, but foreman was physically stronger. and a pro boxer is not a mma fighter with the fists.... looks at ray mercer with mma gloves... and go to the mma forum. kid...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I was just playing devil's advocate!! Foreman would have to tag Fedor quick though. I'm still a huge boxing fan, but I've come to appreciate the skills of top level MMA guys. I used to think of the heavyweight boxing champion as the KING of MEN; I'm not so sure that's true anymore, though!
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #78
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I've been near ringside for Bowe, Lewis, Tyson and Holy. I damn sure am convinced Lewis was the hardest of those punchers.
AGREE. Thanx for teh eye-witness PROOF.
What fights iof their's where you ringside for m8???
Was Lenny's left hand better then Tysons' left hand like i always tell his faNGIRLS??

Tyson haymakers are like a .357 Glock......

Bowe haymakers are like a .38 Magnum.....

Lenny haymakers are like a .50cal Desert Eagle!
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #79
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Earnie Shavers haymakers are like 75 atom bombs.
D.T is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #80
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
you can say what you want , but holyfield and mccall faced lewis... and they know more than you about his hitting power,
Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #81
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

thegoldenera is right.

You sat ringside so you know more about their hitting power than the people who actualyl took their ****ing punches??

Dumb mother****er.

I bet you're black.
D.T is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #82
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T View Post
thegoldenera is right.

You sat ringside so you know more about their hitting power than the people who actualyl took their ****ing punches??

Dumb mother****er.

I bet you're black.
So, you also believe what Briggs said and that Vitali's power is greater than Foreman's and Lewis'.

And yes, I am black.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #83
thegoldenera

vCash:

Quote:
So, you also believe what Briggs said and that Vitali's power is greater than Foreman's and Lewis'.

And yes, I am black.
briggs faced the oldest foreman... foreman was finished in 1997 and still he was stolen against briggs, foreman was very very slow and fat in 1997, it is very funny because some people think that "old foreman" was always the same fighter , the old foreman who fought cooney,serosky,maguila,qawi and holyfield was much better, MUCH better,stronger and dynamic than he was in 93-97. vitali klitschko is underrated as puncher, i think that his hitting power is comparable to the hitting power of lewis,i would give the edge to lewis, but it is close.

i am white.. and?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #84
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T View Post
thegoldenera is right.

Dumb mother****er.

I bet you're black.
What the hell does that even have to do with anything?

I'm an evil whitey and I think Lennox Lewis was a great boxer...
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #85
eatthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznick View Post
holy ****

that guy got pushed so hard he looked like he got hit with a haymaker! I never seen a boxer that much out of his element, and turn his head to an entire other direction from a push. Thats the reaction ******ted for a haymaker to the face, yet he showed similar effects to a push. Incredible.

watch foreman chuvalo fight
chuvalo was a big strong guy and foreman grabs him and throws him clean across the ring so he bounced off the ropes WITH 1 HAND!
47 secs in
***********.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs-CfeLNspE
eatthis is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #86
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lewis, 6'5", 247-pounds; George Foreman, 6'3", 220-pounds.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #87
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
Lewis, 6'5", 247-pounds; George Foreman, 6'3", 220-pounds.
yes, the 510 187 pouns marciano and the 63 214 ali... who was stronger? what a shit post...

plus lewis was packed of muscle trained in a gym at 247 pounds, foreman was drained and slim at 220, when both men were in their 20s , the highest weight of foreman was 232 (IN THE 70s)and the hightest of lewis was 235 pounds(in the 90s). FOREMAN WAS THE STRoNGER MAN, AND LEWIS WAS NATURALLY 5 POUNDS HEAVIER THAN FOREMAN , NoT MORE, AND IT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS TALLER. FOREMAN WASA BULKER MAN.
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #88
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
yes, the 510 187 pouns marciano and the 63 214 ali... who was stronger? what a shit post...

plus lewis was packed of muscle trained in a gym at 247 pounds, foreman was drained and slim at 220, when both men were in their 20s , the highest weight of foreman was 232 (IN THE 70s)and the hightest of lewis was 235 pounds(in the 90s). FOREMAN WAS THE STRoNGER MAN, AND LEWIS WAS NATURALLY 5 POUNDS HEAVIER THAN FOREMAN , NoT MORE, AND IT WAS BECAUSE HE WAS TALLER. FOREMAN WASA BULKER MAN.
Foreman looked a little pudgy and soft at 232 pounds in Toronto against those five guys.
Compare Lewis and Bowe at 235, then compare Foreman at 232. Heck, who looked fatter at 250 pounds, Foreman, Lewis or Bowe?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #89
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
Foreman looked a little pudgy and soft at 232 pounds in Toronto against those five guys.
Compare Lewis and Bowe at 235, then compare Foreman at 232. Heck, who looked fatter at 250 pounds, Foreman, Lewis or Bowe?
foreman NEVER LOOKED pudgy at 230 pounds, he looked strong, compact and solid in 76-77 he fought at 228-232 pounds (in real fights, not the show vs 5 men),
funny because you are using demagoguery sying this crap "who looked fatter at 250 pounds"? bowe and lewis were in their 30s they were younger than foreman , bowe WAS A COMPLETE PORK AT 245 POUNDS!!!, he wa sin his peak shape at 230-235, lewis looked sthletic at 227 against ruddock and he was in good shape at 235 too, he looked ponderous and slow like crap at 250, of course foreman had more fat at 250 because he was an old man, but also he had more musculature than bowe and lewis, foreman had a huge biceps and he was stronger than lewis and bowe and he could carry this weight without problems with great stamina.
and you are insinutating that if you have no fat you are in your natural weight, it is dumb!!!, a bodybuilder has no fat and he is packed of muscle, but he is not in his natural weight... the % fat does not prove who is the bigger man or who is in his natural weight , it is the size of the frame. FRANK BRUNO WEIGHED 228 POUNDS IN THE FIRST FIGHT AGAINST TYSON AND HE WAS ALL MUSCLE... IN THE SECOND FIGHT HE WEIGHED AROUND 248 POUNDS AND HE WAS STILL ALL MUSCLE, HE DID NOT HAVE FAT.... BUT HE WAS NOT IN HIS NATURAL WEIGHT... WE NEVER SAW FOREMAN FIGHTING IN HIS EARLY 30S... FOR SURE HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A 230-235 POUNDER... HE HAD TONS OF PROBLEMS TO MAKE LESS OF 230 POUNDS IN HIS LATE 20S... FOREMAN COULD TRAIN INA GYM AND HE WOULD CARRY 240 POUNDS TOO... HIS FRAME COULD CARRY IT... BUT HE WAS A NATURAL 230 POUNDER... THE BEST WEIGHT OF LEWIS WAS 230 POUNDS, HE LOOKED FAST, ATHLETIC AT THIS WEIGHT ... AND THE BEST WEIGHT OF FOREMAN IN GREAT SHAPE WAS AROUND 225 POUNDS AGAINST NORTON ..NICE TRY LORD TROLL

(FOREMAN AT 230 LOOKED BY FAR MORE SOLID THAN BOWE AT 235)
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #90
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Quote:
He was 217 versus Frazier and 6 foot 3.5".

Lewis was at this best around 235 and measured a full 6 foot and 5 inches in stocking feet.

Please to be referencing the results of presses and sets between the two by which you will prove Foreman's greater strength. Lewis undoubtedly fought in an era of stronger fighters (for whatever reasons you chose to believe), which may lead to the impression he possessed less strength. However, did he have the opportunity to fight those scrawny heavies of the 70's he would have looked like Atlas.
But what about 90's Foreman who was 255-260 pounds? He looked as strong as ever, maybe stronger than ever. A lot of that fat was really muscle.

I'm going with George on this one.
fists of fury is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum