Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Miguel Vazquez vs lenny zappavigna - new champion

if your a betting man, odds will be stacked against the australian to win..
but he will to classy and can match the mexican for firepower
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
GoldenArms
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Vazquez vs lenny zappavigna - new champion

I've only seen Zappa fight once against Kim and he looked good, I really didn't expect him to destroy Kim like that. I've seen Vasquez a few times. He's a good boxer with a really good jab and good skills but not a lot of power.

Not sure I'd want to put money on this fight though, I don't think Zappa will be that big of an underdog.
GoldenArms is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
ViktorVaughn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Vazquez will win this one! No doubt about it!
ViktorVaughn is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

KIM never really been in the ring with anyone of note, I think KIM get's stopped by any top lightsweight out there.Zappa is in with an experience 135're that's been

with TOP qty opposition so it will be interesting to see indeed.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 259

Miguel has a very tough style to figure out. His father developed him into a very complicated fighter that has bits of Salvador Sanchez, Ruben Olivarez, and Napoles in his style. Before people write off Miguel they should watch his fights with Prescott and Kim.

I think that Miguel will beat Zappa decisively and possibly ko him.
ricardinho is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #6
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Zappavigna started as the favorite but the odds are now changed slightly in favor of Vazquez, which is realistic. Fascinating under the radar fight. I've seen little of Zappa (the Kim fight is hardly a basis for proper breakdown), but Miguel, as stated before, has a difficult and effective boxing style that is suited for 135lbs pretty well. So predicting without much insight on Lenny, I say Vazquez retains by UD.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I can guarrantee you Vasquez is gonna box his ears off , he is all wrong for Zappa, who is an exciting and explosive puncher but that wont even be a factor here, Vasquez is very crafty and also has an excellent chin. Im tempted to make an avatar bet here.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru

War Miguel!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:02 AM   #9
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardinho View Post
Miguel has a very tough style to figure out. His father developed him into a very complicated fighter that has bits of Salvador Sanchez, Ruben Olivarez, and Napoles in his style. Before people write off Miguel they should watch his fights with Prescott and Kim.

I think that Miguel will beat Zappa decisively and possibly ko him.

Woah woah woah cowboy..bring it back a bit.

Fair enough you are mates with Team Vasquez ..but I see none of those fighters in him. I dont see anything particularly complicated to figure out, its just he hasnt fought fighters recently with the tools to do it...I dont know if Lenny has them either, but he is different to Prescott and Kim..he is at the very least more explosive and technically able than Kim.
If Vasquez can get into a rhythm and keep the fight at range, its pretty much all over for Lenny bar a hail mary shot...but if Lenny can upset him early and keep the momentum going its going to be a great fight.

He is solid workhorse with very good fundamentals...but far from the smooth, classy counterpunchers those guys were.

He would be pretty crazy to mimic to much of what Napoles did..he was one of a kind.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post

Fair enough you are mates with Team Vasquez ..but I see none of those fighters in him. I dont see anything particularly complicated to figure out, its just he hasnt fought fighters recently with the tools to do it...I dont know if Lenny has them either, but he is different to Prescott and Kim..he is at the very least more explosive and technically able than Kim.
If Vasquez can get into a rhythm and keep the fight at range, its pretty much all over for Lenny bar a hail mary shot...but if Lenny can upset him early and keep the momentum going its going to be a great fight.

He is solid workhorse with very good fundamentals...but far from the smooth, classy counterpunchers those guys were.

He would be pretty crazy to mimic to much of what Napoles did..he was one of a kind.
Trust me Vazquez is complicated and Zappa's team were good sports...

Vazquez told me that Zappas punch is no joke and expect the kid to be a world champ.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #11
ricardinho
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post

That is what his father told me Rock. To be honest his style is ugly and hard to watch unless you are a thinking man.

I still think he is the most underrated fighter in the division imho.

Truth be told Zappavigna was crying in his dressing room and Vazquez went to cheer him up. In fact Vazquez hopes that when he moves up to 140 that Zappavigna gets his belt as he has lots of respect for him. Zappa's team showed class as well!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum