Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #31
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you think Diego won, or kampmann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Roth View Post
1st round Kampmann. 2nd close or 10-10. 3rd I had Diego nicking it cause I knew the judges would score the round based on that. Honestly I had Kampmann but it was close.
If you gave the 1st round to Kampmann, scored the 2nd even, and gave the 3rd to Diego; wouldn't you have a draw?
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #32
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

I thought Kampmann was robbed. 2nd fight in a row. No wonder he was so deflated. He should probably be fighting GSP, now he might never get a shot. Can't catch a break. Also had Swick pull out 2 weeks before a title shot eliminator, losing that opportunity.
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #33
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

kampman won pretty clear.
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #34
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
If you gave the 1st round to Kampmann, scored the 2nd even, and gave the 3rd to Diego; wouldn't you have a draw?
I probably should have clarified the post. I could see round 2 being 10-10 and the third going both as well. I meant the judges would score the 3rd for Diego based on the td.
J_Roth is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #35
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I thought Diego showed a lot of heart, grit and conditioning to come back from a disastrous first round to rally through the second and third for a clear victory. I even tweeted Joe Rogan that he was wrong to in picking Kampman.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #36
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
kampmann won that fight. a MMA judge should know what he is seeing. a mainstream fan will think aggression and blood and guts win the fight but not knowledgable people.

kampmann was the far more technical fighter. his boxing was much better and he busted him up. those wild attacks didn't land. kampmann was far more surgical in his striking. kamps also stuffed every takedown bar one where he got up very quickly. all the other take downs were stuffed and punished with knees.

poor judging where a few entertaining moments does not win a fight.
Perfectly posted. I swear I can't believe what some of these posters are saying.............

The first round was almost a 10-8 round for Kampmann. The second was a clear Kampmann round too. I can understand someone scoring the third for Diego but realistically, Martin had the better, cleaner strikes in that round also.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #37
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
If you judge for the rounds based on which fighter did more damage, and was closest to finishing his opponent; then Diaz was the clear winner.

If you judge the fight for the fighter that marked his opponent's face up in the 1st round, and preceded to lose the next 2 rounds, then Kampmann is your guy.
So you were impressed with Diego Diaz's aggression even though 80-90% of his punches were blocked or hit nothing at all?

You can be a UFC judge then
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
The two rounds Kampman won were clearly his. Bad, bad decision.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #39
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejunfan777 View Post
totally agree, and lets not forget diego's cheap tactic of putting his hands down to not take the knees

kampman coulda destroyed him with knees
As Rogan said, they need to change that rule. Shit, in PRIDE knees to the head were allowed even if the person was on the ground completely.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #40
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL View Post
So you were impressed with Diego Diaz's aggression even though 80-90% of his punches were blocked or hit nothing at all?

You can be a UFC judge then
I don't care what percentage landed, Kampmann was rocked in the 2nd round and that was the only thing eventful about that round. Diego clearly won that round.

Kampmann did nothing to deserve the 3rd round. Kampmann deserves about as much credit for being in position to land a knee, that Diego was defending by keeping his hands on the floor, as Sanchez deserves for scoring a worthless takedown in which Kampmann was almost immediately back up from. Neither fighter had an advantage with a minute to go in the 3rd. Kampmann had landed a couple meaningful shots, but no more than Diego landed. At least Diego made an effort to win in the final seconds. Kampmann didn't do shit. Diego took that round with those flurries in the last minute of the fight.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #41
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Exactly Rek. Im in another thread debating the point that no matter how clean MK's punches were in the later going. Diego backing him up so much he ended up against the cage with his guard up playing peek-a-boo makes Diego's wild flurries more effective right?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #42
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Exactly Rek. Im in another thread debating the point that no matter how clean MK's punches were in the later going. Diego backing him up so much he ended up against the cage with his guard up playing peek-a-boo makes Diego's wild flurries more effective right?
I agree.

I wish I'd seen all these clean punches landed by Kampmann in the 3rd round. Diego landed 2 clean head shots, and a body shot, that nullify anything I saw Kampann land.

I watched the fight a 2nd time the day after it happened. I can't force myself to watch it again. I honestly didn't think it was a good fight. It was competitive, but aside from a couple shots landed here and there, it was rather uneventful.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #43
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

On a technical level Id agree. But I always appreciate a fighter coming back from a beating like Diego did in the 1st to win. It's as exciting as anything for me personally.

Im not annoyed that people think Kampmann won, it's just these half arsed conspiracy theories that show a total lack of respect to what both fighter did that night. It's getting very silly ranging form Diego won because the UFC want to impress the hispanic crowd (whilst totally ignoring the just a lucrative if not more so European fans) to Diego is a ***** and a cheat for not letting Kampmann knee him in the face. Anyway....Diego won!
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #44
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
On a technical level Id agree. But I always appreciate a fighter coming back from a beating like Diego did in the 1st to win. It's as exciting as anything for me personally.

Im not annoyed that people think Kampmann won, it's just these half arsed conspiracy theories that show a total lack of respect to what both fighter did that night. It's getting very silly ranging form Diego won because the UFC want to impress the hispanic crowd (whilst totally ignoring the just a lucrative if not more so European fans) to Diego is a ***** and a cheat for not letting Kampmann knee him in the face. Anyway....Diego won!
I was entertained the first time I watched it. There just isn't enough going on for me to appreciate multiple views.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #45
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

When did I say Diego was a ***** or a cheat you asshole?

Both boxing & MMA have been catering to the hispanic crowd in America and rightly so to some degree. Let's face it, they attend more fights & shell out for more PPV buys. It's just good marketing, but it also makes for some really bad decisions sometimes.

Did you see Bellator fight between Megumi Fuji & Zoila Frausto? Did you see their faces after the fight? Frausto's eyes & lips were swollen beyond belief. Frausto got an even more ridiculous decision against that Aguilar girl. In that case it was a popularity contest because Frausto had most of the audience cheering every time she threw anything regardless or whether it hit anything or not.
RUSKULL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum