Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Dimitrenko - Hoffman fight !

It was great fight to see. Dimitrenko show one of the best fight in his carere but also Hoffman show his heart. Hoffman was down four time and wants to continue . One think what I dident like is that judges was count very bad this fight, they gives a lot of rounds to Hoffman. Any way I can say this fight was one of the best fight this year. It was good to see for eyes. Dimitrenko fights same like Wlad and he show us that he improve a lot skills and will fight next for EBU title because europian title will be vacant because Virchis will fight Gomes for WBC eliminator in the early year. It will be nice to see Dimitrenko - Sprott for EBU vacant title but Krasniqi will comeback and he can fights Dimitrenko. Krasniqi is preparing in the Austria with Arslan who will fight next week the legendary Virgill Hill and Krasniqi changes his trainer and new his trainer is again former trainer Michaal Timm .
Artani is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Dimitrenko - Hoffman fight !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
It was great fight to see. Dimitrenko show one of the best fight in his carere but also Hoffman show his heart. Hoffman was down four time and wants to continue . One think what I dident like is that judges was count very bad this fight, they gives a lot of rounds to Hoffman. Any way I can say this fight was one of the best fight this year. It was good to see for eyes. Dimitrenko fights same like Wlad and he show us that he improve a lot skills and will fight next for EBU title because europian title will be vacant because Virchis will fight Gomes for WBC eliminator in the early year. It will be nice to see Dimitrenko - Sprott for EBU title.
going life and death with a faded punching bag like hoffman is not a good performance.

he may be exciting, but he doesnt compare to wlad. not in that class. a virchis, platov, povetkin and so on would take him out.

by the way: he is probably fighting your boy krasniqui next for the EBU belt.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

This was FAR from a good performance for Dimitrenko, he is going nowhere, I doubt he can even be a beltholder. And he fought dirty which I hate.

Wlad is on a whole different level. Because of his power and great jab Wlad can keep most of his opponents at a distance and therefore protect his less than stellar chin. Dimitrenko has good boxing skill and occasionally a nice jab but nowhere near as consistent, snappy and powerful as Wlads. When he steps up his opponents won't respect him as they do Wlad because of his apperant lack of power and his shaky chin which is there to be exploited. I say Dimitrenko has a worse chin than Wlad because Wlad's chin didn't stand the test against real power punchers whereas Dimitrenko's chin failed him against a guy who isn't known for having a big punch.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
going life and death with a faded punching bag like hoffman is not a good performance.

he may be exciting, but he doesnt compare to wlad. not in that class. a virchis, platov, povetkin and so on would take him out.
I bet my life that you did not see the fight. Hoffman was not faded, he was as good as ever. But he was never really good now was he?

I loved the fight and I was very impressed by Dimitrenko. He is still a bit soft, but he is only 25 years old. Just wait two years and he will be the best heavyweight in the world.

Universum is doing a great job with this kid. They ainīt rushing into things too soon. They gave him this Hoffman fight just at the right time. Now he needs few fights against guys that are at the same level with Hoffman... He is not yet ready to step up to world class, but he will be... Trust me... He will be! I think that he is the most talanted young heavyweight in the world!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well, it was a great performance by Hoffmann, a totally different fighter than last time. He showed a ton of heart, took lots of big shots and kept coming. He has very limited skills, but he gave everything he had in that ring an made the fight very close against a much faster, younger and more talented Dimitrenko. You gotta respect that. Like his trainer says: today sunshine, tomorrow rain. About the knockdowns: the only regular knockdown in that fight was when Hoffmann sent Dimitrenko to the floor. The four times when Hoffmann went down were because of unfair rabbit punches to the back of the head and because Dimitrenko pushed him to the floor. The last 'knockdown' wasn't even because of a punch, Dimitrenko only pushed Hoffmann down and the referee just stopped it with 30sec to go... a scandal. The referee was otal ****, totally biased against Hoffmann, Dimitrenko fought very dirty but didn't even get a warning. Another ref would at least have deducted 2 points for his rabbit punches and pushing and not ruled any of the times Hoffmann went down as a regular knockdown. He was pushed down. If the ref had been fair and hadn't stopped it, I think Hoffmann might have the scored the upset. Well, the public made their opinion known about the decision to stop the fight and the judging, I can't remember a chorus of whistles and boos like last night. On the Universum webpage it's written that Dimitrenko thrilled the public with his great performance... what a joke... Universum bought the ref, Hoffmann and the public were cheated last night.
FROST is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
I bet my life that you did not see the fight. Hoffman was not faded, he was as good as ever. But he was never really good now was he?

I loved the fight and I was very impressed by Dimitrenko. He is still a bit soft, but he is only 25 years old. Just wait two years and he will be the best heavyweight in the world.

Universum is doing a great job with this kid. They ainīt rushing into things too soon. They gave him this Hoffman fight just at the right time. Now he needs few fights against guys that are at the same level with Hoffman... He is not yet ready to step up to world class, but he will be... Trust me... He will be! I think that he is the most talanted young heavyweight in the world!
oh gee, another bet you would lose . how come i can tell you what other fights they aired?? like the fights of ina menzer, vladimir virchis, grigory drozd???

so you make such unitelligent comments and i should trust you .

wasnt it you who said **** like "sylvester only beat asikainen by neckpunching"???

now your intelligent bet would have cost you your life

anyways, anyone who goes life and death (and even gets dropped) by hoffman hardly produced an impressive performance!
the same hoffman who got beaten easily by timor ibragimov. who lost (and got dropped) by late sub paolo vidoz.
and he got beaten by journeyman mirovic........only to recieve a gift decision.

looks like you cant distinguish between an entertaining performance and an impressive one.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
razor
Ali hater
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
No, he had stamina for six rounds, and it was competitive then.
The second half of the fight Hofman was gone.
razor is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor
No, he had stamina for six rounds, and it was competitive then.
The second half of the fight Hofman was gone.
Do not forget that Dimitrenko landed many really hard bodyshots! Those took a lot out of Hoffman!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #9
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

report from ringside (pics to come):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by 80s champs; 09-25-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
dmille
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A fighter has to be matched tough in order to get tough. Dimitrenko was tested and he passed the test. Now we know that he can face adversity and fight through it.
dmille is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 02:16 AM   #11
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Universum is doing a great job with this kid. They ainīt rushing into things too soon. They gave him this Hoffman fight just at the right time. Now he needs few fights against guys that are at the same level with Hoffman... He is not yet ready to step up to world class, but he will be...
Nice saying Toney
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #12
chliJs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
This was FAR from a good performance for Dimitrenko, he is going nowhere, I doubt he can even be a beltholder. And he fought dirty which I hate.

Wlad is on a whole different level. Because of his power and great jab Wlad can keep most of his opponents at a distance and therefore protect his less than stellar chin. Dimitrenko has good boxing skill and occasionally a nice jab but nowhere near as consistent, snappy and powerful as Wlads. When he steps up his opponents won't respect him as they do Wlad because of his apperant lack of power and his shaky chin which is there to be exploited. I say Dimitrenko has a worse chin than Wlad because Wlad's chin didn't stand the test against real power punchers whereas Dimitrenko's chin failed him against a guy who isn't known for having a big punch.
chliJs is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #13
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Can everybody chill out at a bit with the criticism !! ... in heayweight terms the guy is still a baby .. his body is still developing, im sure he'll start gaining more power and he'll learn loads from a fight like this. Im not saying he's the new Klitschko but i'd imagine he'd be good enough to fight for one of the belts in the next year or two. the fact that he has been down a couple of times isnt a big issue either, if he does get put down in future fights he wont panic, he's been there before and he'll just get on with it. In a way thats better than never have been knocked down in your life going into a world title fight liek Wlad against Sanders, he didnt have a clue what to do after he got floored did he !!

Like some people have mentioned, his next fight should be against an american gatekeeper, somebody along the lines of a Guinn or a Monte Barret.
UKITAZ is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Krasniqi - Dimitrenko is going to happen. This news coming from Klaus Peter Kohl. The fight will happen in the early year for EBU title who will vacant.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #15
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Krasniqi - Dimitrenko is going to happen. This news coming from Klaus Peter Kohl. The fight will happen in the early year for EBU title who will vacant.
Quitniqi wonīt last 5 rounds with Alexander.
Toney is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum