Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #76
MR AMERICA
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tyson fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostya by ko View Post
I'd be interested to hear how Bowie Tupou looked. Quite a good win for him.

IMO he was too inactive against very weak comp leading into the King fight. No real shame losing to Demetrice King who has been in with some top HWs and taken quite a few the distance.

I hope Tupou starts fighting at least a few times a year against decent opponents.

Zack Page seems to be a bit like King in that his record is deceptive. He too has been in with some quality opposition and taken many the distance.

Personally, I have a lot of respect for fighters like King and Page, They've both been in the ring with a vastly better selection of HWs than some like Haye has to date.
bowie looked very good took his time controled the fight he is getting very sharp he was nagy aguilera main sparring for the areola fight he also sparred with him fred showtyme allen felix badnews cora eugene mean gene hill justen the jawbreaker jones bowie fit right in well good sparring no one was trying to out do no one just good work
MR AMERICA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #77
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR AMERICA View Post
No problem we are fighting a guy out of chicago Theron Johnson 5 wins 4 losses using him to evaluate some things we have been working on in the gym Jackie kallen use to manage this guy i dont no if she still does some say this guy hits pretty good and he is kind of tall at 6ft 4inches///////fred showtyme allen is 6ft walks around 225lbs
Where you in the fight? Must have been a close one (SD).

How did Showtyme himself think of the fight?
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #78
MR AMERICA
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodhill View Post
Where you in the fight? Must have been a close one (SD).

How did Showtyme himself think of the fight?
the guy was arkward and smart things we worked on he couldnt dial them in showtyme by being young frustration set in we won by the skin on our teeth he started going for ko shots from to far out and a part of me was agreeing with it hoping it would land and get this fight over but the trainer in me knew that was not the right thing to do he sent some good shots but the timing was off good thing is we have learned more from this guy then any other we come to find out after the fight( so the guy stated to us)anyways that he has been a sparring partner of one the k brothers you could see there style in him slightly so its back to the gym we have more work to do
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #79
ctrrep

vCash: 450

Bow knew what he was doing the whole time. He stunned manny in the second. Manny himself said that. After the fight all manny could say was "you are a strong puncher". That was with his nose stuffed with cotton because it was broken.
ctrrep is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #80
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badr_hari View Post
He likes to uppercut himself sometimes.
That video that did the rounds a while back was a corker.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #81
MR AMERICA
Journeyman

best of luck to you on the 23rd mr fury
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #82
Fitzgerald90
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 625

LOL Your fighter is a bum and fights bum Fury is a ex aba champion he would flatten him at 10 percent of his best
Fitzgerald90 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 AM   #83
Goodhill
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Im beginning to like this guy - Chisora is favorite to win, but Id sure like to see Fury delivering "woman-beaters" -treatment he has promised to the Del-Boy.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #84
Goodhill
ESB Addict

Latest

"“I’ve a wife and two kids to provide for and if it means killing you in the ring, that’s what I will have to do,” said Fury.

“To beat me he will have to kill me because I’m prepared to die in the ring. I’m putting it all on the line. I’m going to snap your chin off your body.

“You are an arrogant little prick. I’ll smash your face in. You are a shithouse as well.

“It will come down to one thing on the night: who’s got the bigger heart? Who wants it more? I know I want it so badly, nothing will stop me.”

Fury later apologised for his distasteful comments, which follow hot on the heels of David Haye’s underhand comments and stunts ahead of his world heavyweight title unification fight with Wladimir Klitschko a fortnight ago.

Incensed Frank ******, who promotes Chisora, immediately fired off a letter of protest to Robert Smith, the general *secretary of the British Board of Boxing Control.

In it he said: “It’s totally unacceptable, unprofes sional and unprovoked behaviour. It did nothing to enhance a British title fight.

“It doesn’t enhance the sport as a whole, either. His vile insults and disgusting comments have no place in British boxing.”
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #85
Joe Ko!
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Chancy was correct about what Helenius said about Fury, apparantly Fury battered him in a few sparring sessions.
Joe Ko! is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #86
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

all this talk of tyson fury on an aussie forum...

did you know, that he has been offered to fight alex leapai, through his manager mick hennesy, by phone, and by email, and all for no reply!

alex wants that commonwealth belt. team alex are confident it will be theirs in under 2 rounds.

so why the ****, would a so called
Quote:
"if tyson fury was australian would he be our number 1 heavyweight ever ?"
refuse to pick up the phone, or reply to an email by alex's manager to get a fight happening?

alex is a legit contender. so mick or tyson....how about it? answer the emails. return the calls....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #87
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pam1GXCGEQ[/ame]

this is the reason tyson fury wont fight alex leapai...
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #88
MR AMERICA
Journeyman

Alex seems to be a good fighter
Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #89
MR AMERICA
Journeyman

Fury og rogan who is your pick
Old 04-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #90
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Look fury is a good boxer & awkward to fight with his height & style but his lack of pop in his punches will be his fatal floor when he gets to the top echelon of fighter if he makes it at all. Someone who is very strong, solid boxing skills, & power will give him problems. cheers guys
lvthefightgame is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum