Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
boxing_kid
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default losing gut

Im a amatuer boxer,from lima ohio,and im kinda ashamed to say i have a gut.I really want to lose it,are there fast ways to lose this.I kno crunches will help,but it seems like it would take forever.How many crunches would u recomend a day(or situps).Should i only eat vegetation for a while.I do kinda snack alot,because i have the urges.But i will commit to a vegetation diet for a while if i have to.Please help.
boxing_kid is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Default Re: losing gut

Crunches and vegetarian diet won't get rid of your gut alone. You'll need to up your cardio activity and cut out junk food & fat to burn the fat. Then do the crunches in addition to the other stuff.
amy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Crunches will do absolutly nothing. Sort out your diet and do sprints to burn the fat.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
Zhaakal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1285

First u got to work the fat off the gut by running and then put muscles on it via crunches
Zhaakal is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_kid
Im a amatuer boxer,from lima ohio,and im kinda ashamed to say i have a gut.I really want to lose it,are there fast ways to lose this.I kno crunches will help,but it seems like it would take forever.How many crunches would u recomend a day(or situps).Should i only eat vegetation for a while.I do kinda snack alot,because i have the urges.But i will commit to a vegetation diet for a while if i have to.Please help.

Generally you have to sort out your lifestyle and get back to basic boxing training which includes running. No amount of training will make up for a haywire or inconsistent lifestyle. All the great old time boxers like Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano put themselves on a schedule.
ralphc is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #6
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Situps won't do too much. You need activities that'll burn a ton of calories, i.e. running, aerobics, cardio etc. Situps will add muscle, but do little for burning calories. I suggest you do both, situps for a stronger core which is vital to a boxer, and running and cardio.

As far as a vegetarian diet goes, i think you should avoid that. It can be done, but its hard. Meat is good for you and you should focus on cutting down on snacking, fast food and pop. Eat healthier. If you HAVE to snack, eat veggies like carrot sticks or snack on yogurt.
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
mullet69

crunchs only stregthen that abs. if u want to see them the cardio n a diet high in fibre! make sure u bring ur calories down too. ur gut is just a layer of fat over ur abs. plenty of cardio n good tucker will hav u on the right track bro! good luck
Ps heaps of cruches n leg lifts is still a great idea
mullet69 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Whole
Actually virus one

...We all know intensity increases muscle, not reps right...
more muscle burns more fat, like the gut

So doing a decline ab workout adding 45 pounds
Well stimulate muscle growth ,mass.
Inturn burning more fat calories etc.

But u r right, crunches wont do shit, without good diet and some form of burning calories
I said doing crunches won't do anything, and I mean it won't do anything. You can do as many crunches as you like, you won't add mass to your abs and burn enough fat to see much of a difference, if any difference at all.

I know doing weight work will add muscle and having more muscle mass will burn more calories, but the main thing to losing weight is a good balanced diet and a decent cardio plan.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Alot of these guys here are saying the right thing to do,1. Up your cardio, 2. cut back on the empty carbs and calories, like soda's and chips. 3. drink tons of water to flush out what ever waste you do put in your body.

This is the most important thing I could tell you, you have to lose weight. Your gut will never go away with crunches or situps alone, everybody has abs under the fat, so **** the crunches until you lose weight because your just wasting your time. Once you lose 10-15 pounds then I would get into working on sculpting your abs.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
your dumb, adding weight to any strength excercise increases intensity, intensity promotes growth where you apply it. Even your ABS.
The muscle mass you can add to your abs is very limited. You're telling me nothing new.

Quote:
yea diet and cardio i said that, u idiot
I know you did, but I said it's the most important thing for losing fat, you were going on about adding muscle for some reason.

Quote:
your a ****ing idiot that cant read and write or type
Makes sense...

Quote:
by the way, you suck black and beaner and orea dick, fag
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #11
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
your dumb, adding weight to any strength excercise increases intensity, intensity promotes growth where you apply it. Even your ABS.

yea diet and cardio i said that, u idiot

your a ****ing idiot that cant read and write or type

by the way, you suck black and beaner and orea dick, fag
I'd appreciate you keeping stuff like this in the lounge buddy. Thanks.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_kid
Well than, you don't know much... Crunches wont help, cardio, cardio and cardio will help(ok maybe eat a little better as well, but the other 3 are more important), all those cunches will do is make the muscle under your fat go.. Gotta get your bodyfat down, and my favorite ab workout is bicycle crunches, or figure 8 crunches, cause it targets the abs and the obliques..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #13
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

burn fat by running daily 45 min on a moderate pace. combine it with shadowboxing,that improves your technique meantime
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #14
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

as an amateur you have a shirt on so nobody is gonna see your gut. as long as you have your weight theres nothing to worry about.
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #15
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
because its true

strength training with cardio burns more fat
then just cardio
Highly debatable. How efficient is strength training on a calorie deficiency? Or, how efficient is weight loss on a calorie surplus. Throwing around weights burns calories as well ofcourse.
RDJ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing