Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Duran Would Massacre Floyd... 100%

Even tho I dont like floyd, Im willing to admit that he has (& probably will be voted) been the boxer of the decade.
He has all the speed, timing, decent power & a very good ring general.

However, recently Ive been catching up on some of my old roberto duran fights (pre no mas) & I realised what the best p4p fighter in the world SHOULD fight like.

This guy could fight, box, take a punch, take your head off WITH a punch & was equally as confident as floyd but in a more macho way (less gay.)

I was picturing floyd mayweather in the ring with the roberto duran who fought leonard in montreal & all I can see is pure punishment in store for floyd, I mean duran would brutalise floyd`s body & force him to stop trying useless pot shots & to try a combination once in a while & when he does BOOM left hook puts floyd down, he gets up but is all over the place & duran pummels him to the canvas with hooks to the ribs followed by a right to the jaw, the ref stops it without a count.

PURE MASSACRE.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1557
Default Re: Duran Would Massacre Floyd... 100%

no it wouldnt be.....not saying duran couldnt win bc he could and so could floyd....everyone overrates duran bc hes retired now...when floyd retires the same will happen to him
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher
Even tho I dont like floyd, Im willing to admit that he has (& probably will be voted) been the boxer of the decade.
He has all the speed, timing, decent power & a very good ring general.

However, recently Ive been catching up on some of my old roberto duran fights (pre no mas) & I realised what the best p4p fighter in the world SHOULD fight like.

This guy could fight, box, take a punch, take your head off WITH a punch & was equally as confident as floyd but in a more macho way (less gay.)

I was picturing floyd mayweather in the ring with the roberto duran who fought leonard in montreal & all I can see is pure punishment in store for floyd, I mean duran would brutalise floyd`s body & force him to stop trying useless pot shots & to try a combination once in a while & when he does BOOM left hook puts floyd down, he gets up but is all over the place & duran pummels him to the canvas with hooks to the ribs followed by a right to the jaw, the ref stops it without a count.

PURE MASSACRE.

Bill Ive notcied you always bring up certain fights, and say who would win when comparing a fighters performance in one particular fight, rather than looking at the broader picture. Like "The Hopkins that fought Trinidad, against the Robinson who fought LaMotta". Your better gelling the styles together. Mayweather wouldn't stand and fight Duran, so the Duran who came into the ring against Leonard in Montreal would probably have to deal with more movement. Leonard never fought a smart tactical fight, and Mayweather would at least try to employ a hit and move strategy.

I still see Duran stopping Mayweather late, but he'd find Mayweather could give him a decent run for his money.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
Bill Ive notcied you always bring up certain fights, and say who would win when comparing a fighters performance in one particular fight, rather than looking at the broader picture. Like "The Hopkins that fought Trinidad, against the Robinson who fought LaMotta". Your better gelling the styles together. Mayweather wouldn't stand and fight Duran, so the Duran who came into the ring against Leonard in Montreal would probably have to deal with more movement. Leonard never fought a smart tactical fight, and Mayweather would at least try to employ a hit and move strategy.

I still see Duran stopping Mayweather late, but he'd find Mayweather could give him a decent run for his money.
Believe it or not, I do consider fighters styles but I also like to put people in a frame of mind where they are picturing a fighter around their best as all mythical matches should be.

I WAS gonna say at lwt for duran mayweather but I see duran winning easier there than any other weight class but on the other hand, I didnt want to put forward a shit version of duran (vs hearns or benitez) so I came up with the duran of montreal because floyd is currently the p4p king & is also the 147 lb king & as you know, roberto beat leonard at 147 so try if you can & imagine.... the duran who beat leonard vs the mayweather of now.

I totally understand that floyd wont fight like srl did but Im asking what would happen if that version of duran came into the ring to fight the 147 lb floyd... obviously duran would have to fight different than vs srl but the will + the skill of duran would be a terrible night for floyd IMO.

Maybe duran wouldnt stop floyd until the later rds but roberto would be on his ass all night & make him feel like shit until he DID catch up to him.

Floyd would have his flashes of excellence but all in all, he takes a bit of a body blasting before duran takes his heart followed by his legs in or around rd 11.

cheers.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The Duran of his Lightweight Championship days shouldn't be confused with the Durans of any other time or weight class afterwards. In his reign as lightweight champion, Duran was a "lower case Jack Dempsey". He would have hunted down and overwhelmed Floyd at lightweight. Duran fought with such a fury, like an animal, and could pick up the tempo of a fight, and his ferocity in a flash, at any time, quite unlike anything Floyd has ever had to deal with. At that weight Duran was perfect, unlike all later weights, and he would be too much fire, fury and macho for Mayweather.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

I don't know if he would massacre Floyd Mayweather, but I definitely believe he would give Floyd a beating.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member

wake up call for everyone.......mayweather is, as much as u or i dont like him a great fighter. duran would not massacre him nor would anyone else. duran may win but nobody dominates floyd.

ps duran is capable of losing too.
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
sthomas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I have a lot of respect for Duran but whenever anyone brings up how strong his chin was, I just keep thinking big right by Hearns. I know
Hearns punched like a mother, but I've seen guys on rare occasion, handle shots like that. One of Duran's biggest accomplishments to me is that he came back after that fight and became champ again. Most guys would have never recovered from that KO
sthomas is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

I don't think Roberto massacres PBF at any weight. However, I think he beats him up pretty bad at both 135 and 147. Floyd would have his moments, but I think Duran wins at least 2 out of 3 at 147, and wins everytime out at 135.

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd gets a fast start but Duran catches up and weard Floyd down for a tko 11
Bummy Davis is online now  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Duran survived fifteen rounds with Hagler, took huge shots from Iran Barkley, starched Pipino Cuevas in four and even Leonard had more pop than Floyd.

The biggest factor in this match for me would be that Floyd cannot hurt Duran with anything short of a flurry of furious punches, which is not Mayweathers usual style. A lead right hand would do little.

Duran is not the kind of man to let such an advantage go by. Mayweather could give him a run for his money as far as conditioning goes, but Duran would take his heart.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake
The biggest factor in this match for me would be that Floyd cannot hurt Duran with anything short of a flurry of furious punches, which is not Mayweathers usual style. A lead right hand would do little..
This shows a severe lack of boxing knowledge. You don't just walkthrough Mayweathers flush single shots and if you try you lose. Mayweathers power is enough to keep Duran honest if nothing else.

BTW Durans power is vastly overrated. A great boxer, great defense, timing, technique, pressure and skill with good power.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #13
radianttwilight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
This shows a severe lack of boxing knowledge. You don't just walkthrough Mayweathers flush single shots and if you try you lose. Mayweathers power is enough to keep Duran honest if nothing else.

BTW Durans power is vastly overrated. A great boxer, great defense, timing, technique, pressure and skill with good power.
You don't think Duran could do it, after Castillo could?
radianttwilight is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #14
Pat_Lowe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Duran does beat Mayweather, thats my belief. But he doesn't walk through him or 'massacre' him. No way, Mayweather's pretty durable and that coupled with his great defence would see him through the distance. He would definently have his moments but in the end Duran wins.
Pat_Lowe is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2007, 02:27 AM   #15
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This fight is no massacre at all.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum