Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #31
garymcfall
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 944
Default Re: Duran Would Massacre Floyd... 100%

No way would this be a massacre, I reckon Duran would pip Mayweather to a decision maybe 2 times out of 3 but Mayweather is capable of beating Duran make no mistake about it. Mayweather has some serious skills man, the only person I can think of where it would be a massacre against Floyd is Thomas Hearns, who would be Floyd Mayweather jr's absolute nightmare in every way.
garymcfall is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 AM   #32
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoppelGanger
Leonard beat him without sweat in the second fight, and Mayweather is practically the same fighter with better defence

1stly, leonard wasnt beating duran easily before duran quit, srl had a slight lead.

2ndly, ray leonard is a much better all round fighter than floyd mayweather with alot more power.

Leonard actually knew how to throw more than 1 punch at a time unlike gayweather & thats something thats needed in order to survive against let alone beat duran.

Duran would be too strong & relentless for floyd & I see nothing but mayweather running like a bitch after feeling duran`s power but still getting ko`d as nobody escaped duran once he smelled fear or blood.

I think duran`s style is the worse possible match for floyd, duran would really enjoy himself in there with floyd taking him apart piece by piece until he begged his corner to pull him out liston style... either that or get ko`d.

duran floyd
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM   #33
Napuis
Straight talkin' mo'fuhha
ESB Full Member

Pure rubbish, Leonard won probably every round. It's time to give up the crack mate. Leonard got hit by about three or four punches in the entire fight...you don't get points for chasing shadows.

Why do you think Duran gave up? Wanted to get home and watch Jim'll Fix it?
Napuis is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #34
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Doppelganger,you are getting ridiculous now....
And floyd aint leonard,not by any stretch.....Leonard had great combos,defense,stamina,chin,speed,punch output and power at 147,and could brawl with the best of them at welter....Floyd runs from the phenom that was baldomir,and is currently throwing 30/40 punches a round (if that.) and not engaging ...
Floyd struggled with castillo first fight (and some say lost.) ,castillo is not even in the same stratosphere as the 147 duran,never mind 135.....
I dont think anyone will agree with you that leonard won every round in new orleans,it was close before roberto quit...You need to lay off the pipe son......
Montreal duran easily beats pbf,and the 135 version wins even easier,no doubts......Pbf has never shown he can mix it convincingly at the atg level,and never with anyone with remotely the package of duran.....
What are you going to say if hatton beats pbf? (a not unlikely scenario.) Will you repent and revisit this thread?
enquirer is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #35
Napuis
Straight talkin' mo'fuhha
ESB Full Member

Yes.

But Duran beat Leonard and Leonard beat Duran...hardly makes Duran vastly superior to Floyd and hardly means he would massacre him.
Napuis is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #36
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Leonard was a complete boxer-puncher with excelent power especially in the left hook.

Mayweather has nowhere near the offense at 147 or even at his best wieght 130.

In other words Leonard is a bad measuring stick as imo he would have walked right through Mayweather and beat him handily.Duran losing don't mean much when comparing him to Floyd.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #37
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
Roberto Duran
Hometown: Panama City, Panama

1974-03-16 Roberto Duran vs Esteban De Jesus
Which means they were both fighting in Panama City in the same conditions. Puerto Rico can be pretty warm and humid at times as well from what I've heard.
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 07:46 AM   #38
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Yes.

But Duran beat Leonard and Leonard beat Duran...hardly makes Duran vastly superior to Floyd and hardly means he would massacre him.

Why is that ?

Duran & Leonard beat each other, that means that they both did something floyd could never come close to doing thats all, why bring that up, it has no relevance to pbf at all.

I stand by what I say, Duran would massacre floyd.
He`s just to powerfull, relentless & tough for floyd to do anything with IMO, he just wouldnt be able to keep duran off him, I cant see how for even 12 rds never mind 15.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #39
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Mayweather TKO8. Duran is a brawler, like Gatti; he'd be worn down and humiliated. It would be more one-sided than the Gatti fight though, since Duran would annoy the Pretty Boy.

On second thoughts, Duran's style is perfect for dismantling Mayweather. PBF's skills and toughness would get him to the end of the 12th round, but the points would not be close.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #40
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
Mayweather TKO8. Duran is a brawler, like Gatti; he'd be worn down and humiliated. It would be more one-sided than the Gatti fight though, since Duran would annoy the Pretty Boy.

On second thoughts, Duran's style is perfect for dismantling Mayweather. PBF's skills and toughness would get him to the end of the 12th round, but the points would not be close.
Duran is a brawler ? ? ? Like Gatti ? ? Is this a wind-up ? There has never been a better blend of offence and defence than that of Roberto Duran at 135 pounds. Really the best style ever seen. He would come forward right at his opponent dodging and blocking everything coming at him, while landing the most devastating hooks and uppercuts and just every other power shot in the book. Gatti is never ever anywhere near him , its really silly that you compared Gatti to Duran. Floyd Mayweather, what a fighter, but Duran really beats any 135 pounder if both fighters have their best day.

And its madness that everyone says Leonard used the wrong tactics in their first fight. Leonard was not some defensive wizard like everyone makes out, he had a great defense , but his style (if you watch his fights throughout his career) was to attack with lightning speed moving in and out. Watch the early rounds of Duran-Leonard I , Leonard tried this, everytime he opened up Duran made him miss and nailed him to the body , sloweing him down and taking him out of his rythm , then he went to work over the long stretch and beat him in every department , even though it was competitive (because Leonard was one of the best welters ever).
teeto is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #41
frankwornank
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Duran is my number one all time lightweight champ. He was very good above that weight but great at 135.

If you made the argument as to both being in their prime and both being in the same weight class, it would be a very interesting match-up.

The idea that either would massacre the other is wrong. It would be a tough pick though I would go with Duran.

Duran was an excellent all-around fighter. he was very hard to hit clean (I KNOW ABOUT HEARNS). He was a lot more clever that he is given credit for. I just think he finds a way to out tough Mayweather and win.
frankwornank is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #42
True Writer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Maybe we will have a better idea of Duran Vs Mayweather after Hatton V Mayweather.
True Writer is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

One of the problems with putting Mayweather into fantasy fights lies in what PBF has never had to do. I'll give some examples. Please keep in mind, I'm giving examples, not predicting winners

When Floyd fought at 130 there was no Alexis Arguello on the scene.

When Floyd fought at 135 there was no Duran or Arguello around.

When Floyd fought at 140 there was no Aarron Pryor.

At 147; no Robinson, Duran, SRL, Hearns, et.

Floyd has had limited competiton when compared with the list of ATGs one could draw up from the history of the various divisions he has fought in. Think about it; Baldomir ain't no Sugar Ray and a 34 year old Delahoya aint no Tommy Hearns! It's difficult to speculate about how PBF might perform against the composure, timing, and deadly accurate combinations of an Arguello, or the absolutely amazing skill set of a Robinson, et, when he has never faced anyone of that caliber. Not only has PBF never faced that kind of competition, he has never unified the world titles in any division, nor stayed in a division and cleaned it out. He's jumped around collecting titles at various weights, and with the alphabet soup of so called world champions we have today that does not mean a hell of a lot. The kid may be the best pure boxer on the planet right now, but his status as an ATG is still up in the air.

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #44
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

If Castillo can pressure him and beat him the first fight. No doubt Duran a master at infighting and vastly superior to Castillo could also do the same. With the Duran Defense and the head movement those PBF pot shots simply will not work. Had DelaHoya been versed in the infighting game that fight would have gone a different way. PBF does not hit like leanord so Duran can take more chances and bore in look at that fight in Montreal that Duran takes PBF easy.
RafaelGonzal is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #45
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Leonard beat him without sweat in the second fight, and Mayweather is practically the same fighter with better defence.

You have a lot to learn
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum