Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Tyson's new series

Anyone watch the first episode of the pigeon show? Really difficult to watch. Tyson seems like hes turned into a complete emotional mushball thats on the verge of breaking into tears everytime he reflects on his life. The show is pretty bad.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Tyson's new series

What a damaged guy he is. Such a damn shame. He had everything he needed to set himself for life and live well, but he just couldn't shake his demons, or his past.

Damn tragedy, and I'm being fully serious.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
the quiet man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

i dont know, i never know how to take mike tyson. like frank ****** said, mike is a very manipulative person, he tells you what he thinks you want to hear, he comes out with all this poor me stuff and self pity but its not always the case, mike knows how to use people to get what he wants.
i can well believe that from frank ******.
the quiet man is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
SquareRing
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Well, it is nice to see him trying to do something with himself that is a bit more constructive. I'd really like to see a mentoring program or something where former fighters who've been successful outside of the ring (Holmes comes to mind) can offer some understanding and advice to current fighters, especially the young and upcoming guys who may not have developed the maturity to handle success yet.
SquareRing is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Though at times he seems genuinely happy & excited...
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
IlPadrino
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The pigeon stuff has always been a part of the Tyson mythology so I'm not surprised at all that he's still obssessed with them, but I am surprised that someone would make a TV show out of it and that people are so amazed that he's so fond of them. Anything that distracts him from getting into trouble has to be a good thing though. Behind all the 'Baddest man on the planet' stuff I always had a soft spot for him and I hope he's sincere about being content with family life.
IlPadrino is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I hope he finally finds peace, by going back to his roots. sure he was a tough kid from Brooklyn. but he was illprepared for the wolves who swooped in on this cash cow , after Cus died. Especcially Don King.
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
globenerd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by the quiet man View Post
i dont know, i never know how to take mike tyson. like frank ****** said, mike is a very manipulative person, he tells you what he thinks you want to hear, he comes out with all this poor me stuff and self pity but its not always the case, mike knows how to use people to get what he wants.
Yea Frank ******, there's an impeccable, trustworthy reputation to hang your hat on.

I'm not defending Tyson, he's obviously created much of his own mess. The one thing I do feel for him about is the rape charge. I honestly don't think he did it, but he went to prison just as he was nearing the end of his prime. The Tyson that came out of prison was nowhere near as good.
I really have no basis for that opinion other than Tyson's own word, and that's obviously a very dubious edifice to build a decision on as well. But in all his interviews in the past 10 years, when he's been so open about the mistakes of his past and the flaws in his character, he has always maintained his innocence in that case, and shown severe and sincere bitterness and hatred towards the woman who accused him.
Again, just my gut to go on, but I believe him nonetheless.
globenerd is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
klompton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If you read that case and really go deep into what was said and done both behind the scenes, and in court, and the evidence etc. Im pretty amazed he got convicted. At the end of the day only two people know what happened in that room and thats not enough to send someone away. There was a ton of evidence that at the very least cast serious doubt upon her story. I dont know, the entire way it was handled was pretty shady.
klompton is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #10
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Anyone watch the first episode of the pigeon show? Really difficult to watch. Tyson seems like hes turned into a complete emotional mushball thats on the verge of breaking into tears everytime he reflects on his life. The show is pretty bad.
He's done this with every interview that I've seen of him lately. TYSON the movie, on Oprah, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, and the new pigeon series where Mike seems, I don't know, "forced" into his role. Even though I'm familiar with his life story a thousand times over, I'd be interested in more of the same than this no hit wonder pigeon show! It aint lasting another season.

If anything interesting were to come out of Tyson that hasn't already been said, it would be about his time in prison. I wanna know about that!
Sangria is online now  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #11
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member

He seems happier and at peace. I pray that he doesn't die young like so many other talented celebrities and athletes. I was always afraid he's overdose on drugs or get murdered in the streets or something. I'm glad that he's still here. And we get to tell him that we love him...
Hydraulix is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #12
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the quiet man View Post
I remember Bruno saying much the same thing, as he'd known a fair few guys like that when he was growing up. Make you lower your defences to stick the knife in sort of thing.

I don't know if it's an unconsious thing with Mike these days, though. All I know is I do wish the best for the guy after the life he's had, where he was very much in the 'poke him with a stick and make him roar' vein for the last several years of his career. Okay, he made his bed there, but still feel sympathy.

I'd rather have emotional mushball Tyson than raging animal Tyson...or worse, no longer with us Tyson.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 03:47 AM   #13
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD View Post
I'd rather have emotional mushball Tyson than raging animal Tyson...or worse, no longer with us Tyson.
My thoughts exactly.
Hydraulix is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #14
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

dont know what u guys r talking about. Tyson obviously seems way happier and content with his life. He seems like a way better person now.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #15
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa View Post
I hope he finally finds peace, by going back to his roots. sure he was a tough kid from Brooklyn. but he was illprepared for the wolves who swooped in on this cash cow , after Cus died. Especcially Don King.
Good point. I've always looked upon Don King as doing the same thing to/for Tyson,as Tom Parker did with Elvis Presley. They were good for Elvis and Tyson,the money making machines,but bad for them as people.
Stevie G is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum