Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: Who did you score the fight for?
Kampmann 23 71.88%
Sanchez 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811
Default Absolute Robbery!!!

Martin Kampmann dominated Diego Sanchez but "The Dream" gets a UD anyway?

Same bullshit decisions from the UFC.

I'm not usually one to call "robbery" every time a fighter loses but that was ridiculous. It wasn't that close at all. The only round I could possibly see going to Sanchez was the third but even then you'd be stretching................

Keep in mind that I like both fighters & I watched the fight expecting Diego to dominate because of his aggression. I was a bit surprised at how soft & slow he looked in the fight. Martin was very accurate & scored the cleaner shots.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Absolute Robbery!!!

Sometimes I swear the judges have the cards filled out before the fight begins...................The UFC didn't want to see "The Ultimate Fighter" winner lose in the headline main event. Especially when that fighter is hispanic and it's obvious that the UFC is catering to the huge hispanic audience.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL View Post
Sometimes I swear the judges have the cards filled out before the fight begins...................The UFC didn't want to see "The Ultimate Fighter" winner lose in the headline main event. Especially when that fighter is hispanic and it's obvious that the UFC is catering to the huge hispanic audience.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWWIDT910I[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Is that all you got dude? Did you see the fight & who did you score it for?
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I saw the fight and scored it for Diego. 2nd was a close call but Diego won it on aggression. No doubt Kampman ****ed him up in the 1st. But about midway through the second Diego kicked into gear. MK hit him with some nice clean counters, and DS' stand up wasnt pretty. But it was mightily effective imo. Took the intiative away from Kampmann had him on the back foot and pressed up against the cage eating shots and defending takedowns.

Yes Kampmann's strikes were crisp and caught Diego clean. But there were too few of them in relation to Diego. Now I all for scoring crisper strikes over wild haymakers. But when your on the back foot and against the cage, those shots count for agression and effective striking imo. And he wobbled MK as much as MK wobbled Diego

And people saying that MK won because Diego only took him down once. Well even with that point considered, you have to look at it as one guy being on the offensive tryna force the fight whilst the offer guy is worried about defence so much (and credit too Kampman) he wasnt able to mount his offence. There was no more working the jab right hands. It was mainly block, counter, defend takedown from Kampmann. You have to give it to Diego for that imo

Now Im sure your opinions differe form the way I see it. But robbery is a bit harsh. It's just a case of who you think was in control longer. Hence my smart arsed Jesse Ventura post about conspiracies
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I scored it for Diego.

1st was all Kampmann

2nd was close to call, but I scored it for Diego with a couple of aggressive flurries.

3rd was Diego's round quite clearly.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
I scored it for Diego.

1st was all Kampmann

2nd was close to call, but I scored it for Diego with a couple of aggressive flurries.

3rd was Diego's round quite clearly.
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I saw the fight and scored it for Diego. 2nd was a close call but Diego won it on aggression. No doubt Kampman ****ed him up in the 1st. But about midway through the second Diego kicked into gear. MK hit him with some nice clean counters, and DS' stand up wasnt pretty. But it was mightily effective imo. Took the intiative away from Kampmann had him on the back foot and pressed up against the cage eating shots and defending takedowns.

Yes Kampmann's strikes were crisp and caught Diego clean. But there were too few of them in relation to Diego. Now I all for scoring crisper strikes over wild haymakers. But when your on the back foot and against the cage, those shots count for agression and effective striking imo. And he wobbled MK as much as MK wobbled Diego

And people saying that MK won because Diego only took him down once. Well even with that point considered, you have to look at it as one guy being on the offensive tryna force the fight whilst the offer guy is worried about defence so much (and credit too Kampman) he wasnt able to mount his offence. There was no more working the jab right hands. It was mainly block, counter, defend takedown from Kampmann. You have to give it to Diego for that imo

Now Im sure your opinions differe form the way I see it. But robbery is a bit harsh. It's just a case of who you think was in control longer. Hence my smart arsed Jesse Ventura post about conspiracies
Fair enough I guess. Maybe the word "robbery" is too harsh but I really can't understand the fight being scored for Diego. Like I said, I thought Diego was going to get the win before the fight started based on his speed & aggression in his past fights. Martin is def. the better, more technical striker but I thought he'd either get caught with a big punch or get TKO'd by GnP. In other words, I would've bet on Diego but Diego's stand up looked like crude barfight bullshit. He was fat, slow & sloppy as shit.

The clearest round to score was the first and it was practically a 2 point round. Look at their faces after the fight. That'll tell the story as to who was landing & who wasn't. Diego's left eye was completely shut. martin had at least 2 small cuts around his right eye but the swelling wasn't even close.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Well they arent judging swelling, it's effective striking no doubt but even though he was wild the has to be a point when you think that maybe Martin is landing one good counter in the middle of Diegos flurries but even so Sanchez is still landing 3 out of 10. That's a generalisation but you can see my point.

Kampmans jab, right move strategy worked perfectly for him in the 1st. He was taking advantage of Diegos lack of head movement and had him shooting wildly which he was able to defend with ease. But in the 2nd he seemed content to abandon this. Maybe he was tired, maybe Diego decided to go for it. But winning a round clearly doesnt automatically warrant a 10/8. He didnt have Diego in the sort of trouble Grey had Edgar in in the 1st round which was a valid 10/8 imo. But that's just simple difference of opinion between you and me, not a case for giving Kampmann the fight
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

as far as damage done though...
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Didnt do enough to stop Diego winning the third did it so...
And if by some miracle you could wipe that damage off Diegos face before the second round then the damage Kampmann did in the 2nd and 3rd wouldnt look half as bad. And nobody is arguing that Kmapmann didnt win the 1st round. It's quite silly giving Martin the fight for the damage he did in the 1st when you look at it like that though
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thats one way of looking at it, if you believe deigo really won the third round...

It was a good fight could have used a extension round.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im curious how you'd give the 3rd to Kampmann?
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Thats one way of looking at it, if you believe deigo really won the third round...

It was a good fight could have used a extension round.
I can see an argument being made for Kampmann winning the second, but I think Diego clearly won the 3rd - Kampmann was gassing badly at that point, and Diego took full advantage to win that session.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

clean effective punches landed.

But I never said I thought Kampman won the fight I just can understand how people see it for Kampman, he landed the cleaner shots and stuffed takedown after takedown, and delivered far more damage to his opponent than was done to him.
yaca you is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum