Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 888
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

He said he had a great camp before the Mir fight.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
I'm not so sure, CC had a great camp and is in great shape compared to a fairly green Schaub should make a good fight.
Yup great camp.
You have to love your contributions here. As ever they're so insightful.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubersteve View Post
He said he had a great camp before the Mir fight.
He lied. This time he's telling the truth.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
He lied. This time he's telling the truth.
He probably had a good camp for both fights. That is not his problem. Cro Cop is not adapting his style to suit his age. I would like to see him retire, but if he continues onward with his career; I would like to see him make some changes. Cro Cop has some punching skill. Maybe a camp or two with Freddie Roach could benefit him.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #20
KillerDeluxe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 615
vCash: 121
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Yup great camp.
You have to love your contributions here. As ever they're so insightful.
**** you dude, sif your contributions helped.

A hopeless MMA fan(me) asked what a SF was and you acted like a dick and decided to respond a meaningless response, just too booster your post count. If anything your posts are less insightful...

Whatever dude....

I just came here to ask a question but your making it too hard for me, cause of your "internet ego".

Grow up.
KillerDeluxe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #21
KillerDeluxe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 615
vCash: 121
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

You must be a David Haye fan, lol. Ok, ok, now I understand your ignorance.
KillerDeluxe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 AM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDeluxe View Post
**** you dude, sif your contributions helped.

A hopeless MMA fan(me) asked what a SF was and you acted like a dick and decided to respond a meaningless response, just too booster your post count. If anything your posts are less insightful...

Whatever dude....

I just came here to ask a question but your making it too hard for me, cause of your "internet ego".

Grow up.
Chill Winston. WTF are you blabbering on about? I wasn't even talking to you See the name in quotes? That indicates WHO im responding too. Keep up bub.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Chill Winston. WTF are you blabbering on about? I wasn't even talking to you See the name in quotes? That indicates WHO im responding too. Keep up bub.

Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Wont happen. Cro Cop barely landed on a stationary Frank Mir. Now one thing you can say about Shaub is he's mobile. Mirkos gonna be eating jabs for 15 minutes solid
I won't be shocked to see Cro Cop outworked in this fight, as he has been way too hesitant in several of his last fights. I just think he'll be able to measure Schaub, land something significant, and stop him when he does. I feel like Filipovic's left hand may be the deciding shot.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #25
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I won't be shocked to see Cro Cop outworked in this fight, as he has been way too hesitant in several of his last fights. I just think he'll be able to measure Schaub, land something significant, and stop him when he does. I feel like Filipovic's left hand may be the deciding shot.
Well he's never been a 1 punch ko artist with his left. its more of a bludgeoning tool. And I cant see Shaub staying in the same place long enough for Mirko too put together enough of them to take an effect. He COULD land the perfect shot on Shaubs chin but I think thats highly optimistic and maybe even nostalgic

Mirko will b eating jabs whilst Brendan is fresh then he'll mentally fold as the going gets tough and he cant land his best shots. Mirko is done IMO
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #26
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Well he's never been a 1 punch ko artist with his left. its more of a bludgeoning tool. And I cant see Shaub staying in the same place long enough for Mirko too put together enough of them to take an effect. He COULD land the perfect shot on Shaubs chin but I think thats highly optimistic and maybe even nostalgic

Mirko will b eating jabs whilst Brendan is fresh then he'll mentally fold as the going gets tough and he cant land his best shots. Mirko is done IMO
I don't think he'll starch him with his left. I think that will be the clean shot that lands before the final blow(s).

I agree that Mirko is done as a threat to the crown, and maybe even the top 5-10. Cro Cop was still a world class striker. I don't know that Cro Cop has dropped to the point that an mma fighter that isn't on a world class striker's level, and has little to threaten with as a grappler, can be successful against Mirko by trying to out strike him. I picked against Pat Barry for these same reasons, though that was a different style match-up than this fight.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #27
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

I guess Im just done with getting my hopes up in regards to a Mirko comeback
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #28
jrow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: carthage,tennessee
Posts: 528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

cro-cop is done...he will never be the same cro-cop of pride...but we can always hope he can somehow deliver one more high-light head kick knock out
jrow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #29
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

Well look at it this way from 2001-06 he was an absolute beast in regards to striking in MMA

From 07 to 11 he's been a shell of his former self. Picking up one or two decent wins against guys who were either over matched or overawed
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #30
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Filipovic vs Schaub

cro cops only problem is he had to get off the roids when he came to the ufc.
hence the mental weakness.. he KNOWS hes not the same fighter he was.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013