Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: It starts... Daley threatening to pull out of Diaz fight...

EA definitely had the financial clout to make a go of an MMA franchise in the long term imo. Unless they go back to the old Fifa days of making up their own fighters this seems to be dead in the water in the long term.
During the next round of contracts negotiations the likes of Melendez and Diaz ect are still gonna have to sign the 'My way or the highway' type deals Zuffa offered and what is the alternative? Reem & Barnett are obviously gonna tell Dana to go **** himself. But the point of the HW tourney and the DREAM co pros was to get the best of the rest so to speak together under one banner. DREAM and K1 seems to be on its last legs too. What next for them and their ilk?

And I was being mildly sarcastic about Brock v Fedor. Which seems to be the main issue in the other thread from yesterday. Some people need to see the bigger picture ASAP
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #17
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
EA definitely had the financial clout to make a go of an MMA franchise in the long term imo. Unless they go back to the old Fifa days of making up their own fighters this seems to be dead in the water in the long term.
During the next round of contracts negotiations the likes of Melendez and Diaz ect are still gonna have to sign the 'My way or the highway' type deals Zuffa offered and what is the alternative? Reem & Barnett are obviously gonna tell Dana to go **** himself. But the point of the HW tourney and the DREAM co pros was to get the best of the rest so to speak together under one banner. DREAM and K1 seems to be on its last legs too. What next for them and their ilk?

Some people need to see the bigger picture ASAP
Completely spot on mon fere.

Zuffa vs EA in court? EA DWARFS the UFC in terms of economic might. Is this a fight that Zuffa would want to pursue if EA were insistent on them retaining the rights of fighters for the game they created?

As for DREAM they're dead. They have no fighters. Doesn't matter how much capital they can raise they've effectively been frozen out by the UFC. The next to go will be Bellator with Lombard signing with the UFC at some point.
They'll be a massive cull of fighters with a ton of guys watching from the side lines and no promotions to fight in other than small regional crappy promo's making chump change with no TV.
Shit just got REAL interesting. Im not sure i can watch this sport anymore......
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #18
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

I think there might be enough fighters who will not be allowed or will not go back to the UFC to bolster another organisation making it a legitmate contender eventually in the way strikeforce became.

At the end of the day Dana White is a business man and people like fighters like Daley and Reem they are exciting charismatic and thats what sells. If it does come to a merger i think there will be a high profile beef then hell bring them in to huge ppv numbers
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #19
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

As far as watching the sport in the future I guess the more educated fans know the real deal from the Zuffa hype jobs. But 5/10 years down the line these boundaries are gonna get very blurry indeed
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
leejunfan777
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

props to dailey for standing up against douchebag ****er dana white
leejunfan777 is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Completely spot on mon fere.

Zuffa vs EA in court? EA DWARFS the UFC in terms of economic might. Is this a fight that Zuffa would want to pursue if EA were insistent on them retaining the rights of fighters for the game they created?

As for DREAM they're dead. They have no fighters. Doesn't matter how much capital they can raise they've effectively been frozen out by the UFC. The next to go will be Bellator with Lombard signing with the UFC at some point.
They'll be a massive cull of fighters with a ton of guys watching from the side lines and no promotions to fight in other than small regional crappy promo's making chump change with no TV.
Shit just got REAL interesting. Im not sure i can watch this sport anymore......
You do realise that EA Sports MMA flopped hard? I'd be stunned if we get a sequel let alone EA suing to keep the rights
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
You do realise that EA Sports MMA flopped hard? I'd be stunned if we get a sequel let alone EA suing to keep the rights
Typical short sighted protectionist response from UFC schill. Newsflash EA MAKE MONEY OFF THE FRANCHISE. They STILL continue to make money from it. Irrespective of wether they will make a sequel, or or not there is a contractual agreement between the fighters and EA. That my friend has **** all to do with Zuffa. EA have the economic might to completely destroy the UFC. Im pretty sure it won't come to that. But nonetheless it will still be interesting to see "how" Zuffa will approach this when it is Dana/UFC that took issue with EA's game and the fighters that made agreements with them.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Christ Scru you can be such a ****ing mark sometimes.

Are you actually naive enough to believe that Dana hates EA? That was ****ing spin to try to bury the company and its game to MMA fans. Look at what happened to his threats to blacklist anybody who signed for that games - nothing came of it! Because of that there are already guys in the UFC who are collecting royalties from EA Sports MMA - if they're letting Jake Shields pick up his check, there's no reason for them to stop Dan Henderson.

The issue will be if they want to do a second game, and that's something I could see them wanted to stop - afterall why create competition for your own product? But I can't see EA even wanting to make a game after how few copies the last one sold.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #24
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Will the people who are anti Zuffa bought the EA MMA game rather than Undisputed. That took money from Dana's pocket. Based on that you make up your own mind whether Mr White would have it in for them or not.

They picked up Shield to spite SF, and show who's the real Daddy after the Hendo coup. **** all to do with the game. He's hardly a PPV draw is he

And above all that, without the named fighters to front their games. what has EA got? As you said it wasnt a success, but EA had the money to persevere. Half the point of these games is to play as Fedor or who ever your favourite fighter is and that is the main basis of the marketing. Now to do that, you will have to buy the UFC game or no game at all
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Christ Scru you can be such a ****ing mark sometimes.

Are you actually naive enough to believe that Dana hates EA? That was ****ing spin to try to bury the company and its game to MMA fans. Look at what happened to his threats to blacklist anybody who signed for that games - nothing came of it! Because of that there are already guys in the UFC who are collecting royalties from EA Sports MMA - if they're letting Jake Shields pick up his check, there's no reason for them to stop Dan Henderson.

The issue will be if they want to do a second game, and that's something I could see them wanted to stop - afterall why create competition for your own product? But I can't see EA even wanting to make a game after how few copies the last one sold.
O yes of course stupid me! It was just a sales pitch! The same sales pitch Dana did with ClinchGear right? The same sale pitch with Affliction right? The same sales pitch with Xyience right? You'd think you were on the UFC payroll.. Oh wait a minute!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #26
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What Daley is going to have ta do, is go on a win streak that will force the hand of Zuffa to re-sign him. He needs to ICE Nick like nobody has ever done. I don't see it. Most of the other fighters that are not liked via the UFC need to just crush everyone once the UFC sucks up Strikeforce.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Will the people who are anti Zuffa bought the EA MMA game rather than Undisputed. That took money from Dana's pocket. Based on that you make up your own mind whether Mr White would have it in for them or not.

They picked up Shield to spite SF, and show who's the real Daddy after the Hendo coup. **** all to do with the game. He's hardly a PPV draw is he

And above all that, without the named fighters to front their games. what has EA got? As you said it wasnt a success, but EA had the money to persevere. Half the point of these games is to play as Fedor or who ever your favourite fighter is and that is the main basis of the marketing. Now to do that, you will have to buy the UFC game or no game at all
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 03-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #28
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejunfan777 View Post
props to dailey for standing up against douchebag ****er dana white
oli is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #29
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
What Daley is going to have ta do, is go on a win streak that will force the hand of Zuffa to re-sign him. He needs to ICE Nick like nobody has ever done. I don't see it. Most of the other fighters that are not liked via the UFC need to just crush everyone once the UFC sucks up Strikeforce.
True but the issue is does Daley need the UFC more than they needs him? He'll be frozen out whether he honours his contact and sparks the entire Strikeforce division in under a minute. He's ****ed and he's too proud/big headed to apologise and go cap in hand to Dana
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #30
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

my god you zuffa haters are getting tired. are you all gonna cry yourselves to sleep now? and **** paul daley. no one will care if he leaves strikeforce.
Boyd is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum